PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Balls

gabriel9090
04-24-2007, 02:26 AM
I haven't played in a while and I need some help. I have an automag and a minimag from the mid 90s and I don't really want to trade them in for the new electric guns. The last time I played I broke a ton of balls and I want to fix this so I can shoot the guys who spent more than a grand on their toy.

Most of the broken balls occoured in the breach, I have the diagonal powerfeed mainbody and I could see the shell coming back up. Occasionaly I did notice the gun double feeding when I saw two balls fly out with one trigger pull.

I'd like some info on solving these problems and it's hard when the guys at the store only know about new guns.

Thanks for any advice . . .

dropzone
04-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Replace your ball detent. ;)

athomas
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Sounds like your nubbin is worn, bent or broken. Replace with a new plastic one.

Spider-TW
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Confetti! Just for single chops, if your finger is trying to keep up with your ear as you play against electros, you may be trying to shoot too fast for your feeder. I bought a new revvy for my old mag/power feed and I would usually chop the third or fourth ball. A force feeder like an eggy, halo B, or empire B can take up a lot of slack from having bad feednecks, no eyes, and no level 10. If you buy used, check the body and especially the feed neck for cracks. You will also need a good nubbin even more.

Tao
04-24-2007, 04:16 PM
3 things should fix this problem. New detents, a bolt foamy and a revy. The first 2 should be a couple bucks and you should be able to find a VL Revolution loader for $20 or so.

Thor13
04-24-2007, 04:32 PM
i had the same problem with breaks and a new revolution hopper helped greatly though you should probably replace the other things too. do both guns do this?