PDA

View Full Version : long term effects

Shingo
04-24-2007, 11:47 PM
I was wondering. Would there be any long term negative effects if a Mag was left pressurized, in storage, for a long period of time?

what if a mag was pressurized to 850 psi with full HPA tank was store for 1 month? 6 months? 1 Year...?

~Shingo~

Spider-TW
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Going to hide your mech mags in a lake? :D

Assuming all of the marker seals are bubble tight and it could hold the pressure for that long, I think the pressure cycles we put the marker though during play have to be worse than just pressuring it up and leaving it. Even as the orings age they should keep their seals since they aren't moving. HPA tanks for emergency breathing are stored for years.

The only thing I can think of would be that the reg spring pack might take a set from being pushed back all the time. But I don't think it would be catastrophic. :confused:

Mongoose
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I dont think its a good idea....and i do believe you can do some damage

olinar
04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
if its a classic valve i think itll be fine as stainless is very strong stuff and other than a possible rebuild it should hold up fine. an xvalve might expand and have tolerances thrown off. im no expert though, im just making an educated guess

athomas
04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
The mag itself will be fine. Spring packs and such will suffer from prolonged compression but that probably won't be overly noticable due to the heavy duty industrial part specification of most of these parts. The biggest problem I could think of, would be orings that could develop flat spots. Even that might not cause a problem, but I don't know for sure.

maglover728
04-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree with the above. Should be fine except of the reg spring. But I hae to ask, Why?

ThePixelGuru
04-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I'm also led to wonder why. If you're trying to scare away coyotes or something it's probably better just to have an on/off, or leave the tank only barely screwed in. I can't think of a reason to store a marker pressurized.

Why?