PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One sear

TKing
04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I have a Tac-One, a Tac-One main body left, and I also have the milled tac rail left.

Is the sear that comes with the tac-one different than the one that fits on the mill rail?

sTaLa
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
There are basically two kind of sears.

The one that goes with the AM/MM rails. You slide a pin in the sear and then install the pin from the top of the rail.
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=414&categoryID=92

The one that goes with the Emag/RT rails. You put the sear at its place in the rail and then screw the pin from the side of the rail with an allen key. That sear also has a bushing that the other doesn't have.
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=416&categoryID=95

Any sear can match any gun as long as it matchs the rail. (Except if you have an E-mag)

Hope that helped.

TKing
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Ok that is what I thought but the sear pin did not fit into the milled rail hole. It was like the hole and the threading was just a bit too small. I made them a little larger so I could screw in the pin and it fits now. This is what made me wonder if I had the wrong sear.

The problem then is however, the trigger is pressurized, but when I pull it the marker does not shoot.

Is it not set properly, or do I need to make some other adjustments? Sometimes I can get it to shoot once.

Everything works fine on the stock tac-one.

sTaLa
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Try to raise the velocity.

Do you have a Level 10 or an ULT. If that's the make, the may also need some adjustments.

TKing
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I have the Level 10. Basically stock ordered from the website.

I can try the velocity but I'm not sure that would work. When I put the sear and bolt, etc. back on the stock body and rail they work fine. But on the milled rail and warp left it doesn't fire. Makes me wonder that it's not seated right but I'm not sure why or where to go from there. It looks like everything fits snug.

Spider-TW
04-25-2007, 03:17 PM
What exactly did you make larger and how did you do it? If the sear belonged in the rail, it should have fit without modifications.

TKing
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Where the axle pin screws into the rail.

It fit through the first hole fine but did not go into the back one. I drilled it out to be the same diameter as the hole from the stock rail. It slid in fine and then I was able to see that the threading too was smaller, so I tapped it a size. I suspect that the sear that came on the TAC and looks/works identical to the RT Pro Sear is somehow not the same. Surely someone has taken the stock TAC and upgraded to the milled left rail. Did they need to order a new RT Pro Sear to make it work? If so, then I screwed up.

Otherwise I wonder if I need to somehow adjust the trigger rod. I'm not exactly familiar with what happens when the trigger is depressed so I can't say for sure why it isn't firing. There is pressure on the trigger though and it bounces back after I pull it, just nothing much else happens.

Spider-TW
04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Ah, since this is a new sear to rail fit, did you check that there is a little space between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod when aired up? There should be something like at least 0.5 mm between them. If it is pressing against the trigger, it may not be letting the on/off open to charge the valve. You would just have to screw the rod in a little at the yoke.

Only tighten the rear screw finger tight. Don't use a wrench on it unless you know that helps something.