PDA

View Full Version : Barrel/Body Rail Problem

Turbo
01-05-2002, 08:22 PM
I have always had this problem since I have had my mag, but I've never decided to try and fix it until now. When I want to take or put my barrel back on, I always have to unscrew the front screw on the trigger frame some in order to remove the barrel and to be able to put it back on. When I have the front screw in all the way, I cannot put the barrel on easily at all. I believe it is the barrel pin on the rail. So I am not sure if I have to sand it down or what. Its not the barrel, since its done this on multiple barrels. So anybody know what I should do? Thanks for the help.

Xzion
01-05-2002, 09:43 PM
when you try to take out, or put the barrel in, does it scratch your barrel?? if it does, try putting a washer or two on the front frame screw, or take the screw to the grinder and CAREFULLY grind the screw down, you can always grind more metal down, but you cant replace it without getting a new screw, though you might want to try backing out the screw in the bottom of the brass twistlock assembly first, to put less tension on your twistlock nubbin.

Paintchucker
01-06-2002, 12:09 AM
I forget the size exactly... I want to say maybe 10/32, but anywho, it is a standard size. I had to make one slightly longer when I got my hyperframe, and I bought it at Home Depot. So if you want, you can buy a spare and cut that one up.

Quick trick I used was to put a bolt on the screw and then after you are done cutting the excess off, unscrew the bolt off the screw and it makes sure your threads are still good.

Failure
01-06-2002, 12:30 AM
there is the barrel nub that sits inside of the trigger frame and allows for the barrel to slide in and twist lock itself into place, take it out and there should be a screw on the bottom of it. Loosen the adjustment screw and then see if you still have the problem. The barrel nub has a spring loaded nipple at the top, you will be loosening the screw on bottom so that the nipple depresses itself further.