PDA

View Full Version : AGD experts HELP with LH 6-pak questiond

Southpaw
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Does any one have any info about the Left handed 6-pak's? I would like to know the number made specifically.

my twins one good and one bad
http://home.comcast.net/~southpawguy/twins2.BMP

buzzboy
04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, I only thought they came in RH so I don't have a clue. But lucky you having two. What's wrong with the bad one.

Southpaw
04-27-2007, 08:22 PM
No they both work perfectally just interesting if you change the co2 while holding it in your opposite hand. glad I was wearing my goggles or I would have needed one of these :argh: those sukers have some co2 in them and come out like a little rocket unless you shoot them way down. in case you were wonderring the Lefty has a serial# of #02009 and the Righty #02583.

Tao
04-27-2007, 11:14 PM
No they both work perfectally just interesting if you change the co2 while holding it in your opposite hand. glad I was wearing my goggles or I would have needed one of these :argh: those sukers have some co2 in them and come out like a little rocket unless you shoot them way down. in case you were wonderring the Lefty has a serial# of #02009 and the Righty #02583.

Actually that is good to know, I am left handed and probably would get one some day. Nice to know that a common right handed one might give me a surprise. :eek:

maglover728
04-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I had no idea that they came left handed. You should send me the lefty so I could...
...write an evaluation of its preformance. :ninja:

very cool! Are they both green?

pump
04-28-2007, 10:09 PM
now what mag spring would fit in a six pack is the hard question

Southpaw
04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I can't remember but I thought it was a regular military type magazine spring. Maybe Tom has some better info.

maglover728
04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
looks like the right size to me an FAL or M14 mag spring.

ttink
05-01-2007, 09:45 AM
What is different in the 6-pak compared to the micro CA's that make the cartridge shoot out?

shives007
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I had a rightie long ago, but being laft-handed, I rarely used it. A buddy of mine found a leftie, and immediately dropped me a line. A straight-up trade later, and both of us were happy. I run mine on my Pump Mag most of the time. Gotta keep the AGD family together :)

I have no clue how many were made left or right. I know the lefties are silly rare. Wouldn't surprise me if they numbered less than 100. Tom, sound in on this please.

The 2 are just mirror images of each other. If you look at them from the end, the "cartridge" dog legs slightly to one side of center. This lets your arm tuck in closer to the stock. Also, the lever is on the "inside" so that you can pop a fresh 12ie w/ your non-gun hand.

Just like w/ most semi-automatic firearms, you want the empty to eject away from you and not towards you. The 6-Pack is the same way. When you operate the the lever, and a fresh 12 moves up into place, the residual gas in the old 12 shoots it up and away. W/ the right-handed models, it goes to the right. If you are holding one in your left hand, that shoots it straight at your face. Therefore, us south-paws needed our own model.

I have tagged refs standing off my left shoulder w/ empty 12's before :rofl:

I'll have to check my serial# when I get home.

The spring is an odd square spring, so not standard to anything Mag related. It could be off the shelf for some other kind of clip, but I kind of feel it is a unique item. I know it is what I fear wearing out.

The MicroCA's drop out the bottom I believe. Maybe that is just the way this leftie has his configed.

Shives

Southpaw
05-01-2007, 08:38 PM
TTINK~ on the micro CA there is a lip to contain the spent 12g the 6-pak does not have this and I would imagine that a fast replacement was the goal so as long as you are aware it is not too big of a problem. I do not have my camera with me right now. I will try and show the differences but I suck at close up shots.

Shives~ it looks like this is at leas as rare as the sharp shooter with only 2 known survivors :D Well one can dream. Odd it says that only 2000 6-pak's were made but both of mine have number over 2000.Museum (http://www.airgun.com/museum/Sixpack.htm)

shives007
05-02-2007, 07:24 AM
My leftie 6-pack is #02031.

Shives