PDA

View Full Version : Foregrip options?

Dodah
04-28-2007, 05:42 AM
I'm getting back into the game after about a 4 year leave of absence, always admired the mag technology through the years and thinking about a Tac-one. (had a pps typhoon before, great gun but was stolen, tac one comes with so many goodies stock that I don't feel the need to buy another Palmer)

However, I was wondering if there are any options on taking off that virtacle foregrip and putting some kind of horizontal one, I'd like to make a tac one style rifle but even the longbow uses the stock foregrip too.

Any suggestions would be welcome, I have access to a dremel and some tools if I need to buy something and just mod it. I just don't like holding a gun that way doesn't aim up natrual for me, need a stock and a place to put my hand in line with the barrel.

spwz99
04-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Just about a week ago someone posted a pic of his mag where he had altered a normal vertical adapter to mount horizontally. As far as i know there is no aftermarket way of doing it, just do it yourself.

EDIT - The bottom two that Cow just posted is the one I was thinking of.

Cow123
04-28-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.rawbutter.com/images/twister1.JPG
http://www.rawbutter.com/images/twister3.JPG
http://www.rawbutter.com/images/twister4.JPG

Dodah
04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys I'll see what'll work best after I get my gun shouldn't be too difficult to work something out for it.

Does the foregrip on the tac one provide some kind of air regulation function that I should be aware of, I've seen pics that look like the hosing hooks up to it and I've seen other pics that look like it's bypassed, and is it possible to just take it off the gun.

Cow123
04-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys I'll see what'll work best after I get my gun shouldn't be too difficult to work something out for it.

Does the foregrip on the tac one provide some kind of air regulation function that I should be aware of, I've seen pics that look like the hosing hooks up to it and I've seen other pics that look like it's bypassed, and is it possible to just take it off the gun.
Normally it is just bypassed and you don't have to worry about removing it. Some people choose to run the air through it though.

If the hoses aren't hooked up to it then you can just take it right off.

maglover728
04-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Use it as an expasnion area for CO2 if you plan on using it instead of air.

Lobos
04-28-2007, 10:32 PM
The foregrip is a simple air-thru foregrip. Might serve as an expansion chamber, but it has no effect on the functioning of the gun, its not a regulator.

Dark Side
04-28-2007, 11:24 PM
I saw in a Spec ops ad a few months ago, they had a LongBow with what looked like their A5 rifle foregrip installed. Not bad IMO.

Dodah
04-29-2007, 12:55 AM
I thought you couldn't use co2 at all on an xvalve. Prolly just get a female palmer reg to go underneath the grip and see if I can add some kind of rifle foregrip maybe just dremmel a real one to fit.

Thanks for the replies, will be a bit before I can afford the gun but when I get it finished I'll post some pics. =D

gus13
05-01-2007, 03:21 AM
no you should not use Co2 on an X valve its air only. (which means you won't need anything but a hose from the ASA to the valve if you really want to, the foregrip won't matter.