PDA

View Full Version : Spring question

skybolt_1
04-28-2007, 07:43 PM
I bought my Tac-One on ebay, secondhand. I'm trying to tune in the level 10 and was wondering if someone could tell me what springs I should be using. The kid who I bought this off of included 5 different springs with the kit. They are as below:
http://www.l337computers.com/hosting/springs.jpg

They are arranged longest to shortest. The first is silver, 2 1/2" long. Second is red, it is 2 3/8ths". Third red, is cut, 2". Forth and fifth are gold, 2 7/8ths.

Which one should I be using?

Thanks.

Coralis
04-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Longest spring will make the level 10 more gentle on paint .... i would try the red uncut one and see how that works for you .

warpfeedmod
04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Which spring you use also depends on your input pressure to the marker. If it's pre-set 850 go with the red for now, if you notice it's still too hard move to the biggest (you may cut a loop off or two).

If you use an adjustable tank depending on how you play will depend on which one you put in there. Do you go retro often with a high input pressure? Or do you run around 800/850?

flyingpootang
04-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Coralis is correct the longer the spring the softer on paint, but the higher your velocity will have to be to unseat the bolt. The reason the red one is cut is because it was ment to be softer on paint while still able to have your velocity around 285 fps.

maglover728
04-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Yep try left to right.

Spider-TW
04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
And if you install the cut red spring, put the cut end against the back of the bolt so you have a flat spring face going into the body.

skybolt_1
04-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I played up at Canobie yesterday and put the long red one in. Seemed to work pretty well, until I started playing w/ some garbage paint (PMI Premium). Started getting lots of barrel breaks so I turned the velocity down from the 290's to the 240's. After that, I had the occasional problem of the bolt not seating...

Would the correct thing to do have been to switch out to the cut spring if I was going to be shooting below 250?

Badmovies.org
04-30-2007, 11:06 AM
If you are going down to 240 to 250, I would probably go ahead and put in the short brass spring. For the most part, I have found that the red spring is the best one - but have used a long silver spring before. I have encountered problems trying to use the long spring in a marker set to shoot less than 285 fps.