PDA

View Full Version : Banjo bolt orings shearing

Tao
04-29-2007, 06:49 PM
My classic RT keeps having the middle bajo bolt oring shear on me. I will gas it up, then after it fires once it will start leaking a bit. Fire again a bit more and even more a third time. I take the tank off and unscrew it, it leaks as much as it was after the shots. I take the banjo bolt out and the oring is sheered so much I have to use pliers to bring the banjo out. I tried new orings and made sure they were seated properly, but no change....always fine..1shot leak...2 shots worse...3 shots bad leak.

I have an RT with a zgrip, no mods or upgrades. Using a standard HPA tank which I assume puts out the standard 800psi or so.

Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Tunaman
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
There was a new upgraded banjo bolt made by AGD. Also check to see if there are any burrs up in the frame hole. Take a piece of 600 grip wet or dry sandpaper and smooth out any burrs...

Tao
04-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I do have the new bolt. I figured the problem out. My Z grip has a countersink around the banjo bolt hole so that the banjo can screw in deeper. After taking the gun apart I see that the oring in question isn't sealing against anything bcause of how much further the bolt can thread into the gun. I thought it was a factory modification since it is a decent milling job, but it is obviously something someone WHO HAD NO CLUE WHAT THEY WERE DOING had done. At least I should be able to use a washer or something to rise the bolt up again.