PDA

View Full Version : ULT Trigger Pull Kit-step by step

Tac-ker
04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I was hoping someone could direct me to some step by step instructions on installing the ULT kit. I have done a search and have not found what I needed. The instructions with the kit are not "new Tac-one owner" friendly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just dislike guessing or assuming.

Coralis
04-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Ult is pretty simple to install ... put the oring in the bottom of the ult if its not already there. unscrew the hasves of ult and put in two spacers, re-screw the halves back together. remove old on/off valve and remove the orings left in the body of the valve . install ult , tune ult ... add more shims to make it more reactive if desired .

Tac-ker
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Thank you RogueFactor, I have the instructions that came with the kit, and I have looked at "themagsmith's" site (identical instructions), but when the installation instructions are little more than "take off the old, put on the new, gas up and fire" those are poor instructions. I'm looking for more detail, but again thank you.

Don Carnage
05-18-2007, 11:47 PM
There really isnt much to the ULT kit. Those instructions are as detailed as they can be for something as uncomplicated as it is.

I dunno. Mine started screwing up after 2-3 months, so since I got a mag because I wanted a gun I could repair myself, I tried to fix it and just screwed it up more. The problem isn't the ULT. It's the ULT and Level 10. If I had gotten an X Valve without a ULT and learned to master the Level 10, I'd probably think the ULT was a snap. However, since I got both up front, I ended up driving myself insane because I couldnt tell which one was causing the issue.

Also, my ULT never did the autofire thing. It would either not fire or have so many shims it couldn't go back in all the way.

So I decided to pick up a regular on/off. That way I could work out any things I might have messed up witht he Level 10, then put the ULT back in and fix that. I put it in, gasses it up and the thing went freakishly full auto. Then an o-ring inside the on/off slipped behind the pin so it woulndt go back in and I couldnt pull the valve out of the body because the jutting pin couldnt slide back in.

To my everliving shame, my mag is back at AGD where someone smarter than myself is fixing my mistakes.