PDA

View Full Version : Short stroking or ?

chadlh
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I've been fine tuning my EMAG valve that's NOT on emag lowers and having some issues. The whole setup is a RT Pro Rail, Intelliframe, LV10, ULT, and PF left body. I've been sort of tuning my Mag a little having just put in the ULT. There is no chuff with the EMAG valve on/off but as soon as I put the ULT on/off in it starts chuffing. Is this short stroking I'm experiencing due to the ULT or is it something else. BTW all the spacers that I can fit are in the ULT without full auto. It's happening when I try and shoot repetatively.

Thanks for your help

Walrus
04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Try starting with no spacers and work your way up from there. Generally on a RT-Pro or X-valve three is an average number for a decent trigger pull, but again start with none and work your way up. Also, make sure when you test fire you don't try to walk it or any other sort of sillyness. The ULT makes your trigger light, but generally not walkable in the sense of electo walkable. Most people have the misconception that they have to put all the spacers in there in order for it to be light.

If you still have the problem with no shims, then make sure the Emag valve you have is compatible with the ULT. I had either read somewhere that there were two different Emag valves that had two different on/offs (the first release valves and the second gen of the same valve). One of hte on/offs had a single oring up top, the other had the two as most have now. If yours is one of those early ones with a single oring on top then you may need to have your valve modified to accept the ULT.

EDIT: after re-reading your post a few more times you should pace yourself when shooting. Also, it could be that either your tank is low or your input pressure is too low. About 850 psi works great and is output by most preset tanks. It sounds like you are gettins some shootdown which may lead to your chuffing. And check the tightness of your fieldstrip screw that holds in your valve. It may be causing your lvl10 to kick in and it isn't the ULT. I have seen that happen too, but it is doubtful.

chadlh
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe I missunderstood the ULT setup. I thought you were supposed to work your way up to auto and than remove a shim so as not to get auto? I'm guess that it's just a reactivity thing since it seems to be fine with the EMAG on/off. The reactivity reduces chuff. And this EMAG valve is the one that is compatible with ULT because it has the double o-rings that have to be removed before the ULT on/off will fit in.

Guess I'll try it will less shims...

Thanks for the feedback

Pzippy
05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
never mind, misunderstood

Walrus
05-01-2007, 03:59 PM
chad you didn't misunderstand, that is what you are suppose to do...kind of. Even if you remove just one shim after going full auto then it may not be enough. What I would suggest is taking the amount of shims that gives you the full auto, divide in half (and round down to the next whole shim) and start there. So, if you have 7 shims in there and it will go full auto, start with three and try it. Then add another shim one at a time until you reach 6 to see if there was an amount that provided a great feeling trigger pull with minimal or no shoot down and chuffing. If you still get the same results starting with three. then start with one and work your way up. Basically you already know your max and you just need to find the amount that gives you the best of both worlds.