PDA

View Full Version : this is how paintball should be

mag_lover05
04-30-2007, 05:15 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/eclipsepb77/100_3162.jpg

i was over on the nation and i saw this in a pic forum, and i thought to myself, THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!!! but instead we have an online community over there that talks more than they play. 75 out of the 2000 members on PBN online are actually discussing the sport and the rest are teenagers calling each other gay and saying that they play for dynasty or something. a seasoned vet. sitting by a noob helping him out. why cant it always be this way? i think the sport would be so much better for everyone.

so, in summary of this rant/hate thread: next time you go play this great sport we all know called paintball. be like the guy above.

Sudz
04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
You sir are right.

Every time I'm at the field playing pump, or any other 'ball, I always take a hoard of the little newbies around with me. It's woods so it's a little easier but it sure helps them out. I show them how to play the certain fields and get in position. Also, if i see an easy elimination I'll point it out to the younger kid, just makes them feel a whole lot better and I'm not there for the 'kills' I'm there for fun. If I can be the reason the kids have a good day and come back to the field then I'm happy and did a good job.

t0nnn
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
agreed, I give tips and help kids out whenever i can. Hell, People do the same for me which is always good :ninja:

Zone Drifter
04-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I show up with my warp fed mag and the kids are in awe because its something different, but after i explain to them that my gun is still semi-auto just like theirs, they start getting a bit more confidence. I even traded a kid who kept saying my gun was the best gun, taking his tippmann 98 and letting him play with my mag, only to prove to him that its not the gun. (although it does help to have a reliable gun) i dont play competition, just for fun, so anytime i see someone who's new i try to help them out and maybe convince them that they dont need to drop a grand for some electronic paint slinger.

Great pic, btw.

punkncat
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
First off I want to "disclaim" that I have no idea who either one of those people are.

So, which one are you referring to as the seasoned vet?
Around here you are more likely to see the vet in the camo, sporting a tippy(or similar). The noob would be the jerseyed guy with the expensive marker mom bought..... :ninja:

punkncat
04-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I dont think the seasoned vet is the one with the Rental Mask & marker with VL200. But I could be wrong :p

I am pretty sure you caught the jist of what I was getting at..... ;)

maglover728
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/maglover728/know_your_enemy.gif

Bout how it goes. :headbang:

punkncat
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM

True

Army
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
:clap: :clap: :headbang: :headbang: :dance:

Cow123
04-30-2007, 09:07 PM

Bout how it goes. :headbang:

What's that from? I think I saw it in an old apg mag...

Very true though.

maglover728
04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I think it was a cartoon in a OLD issue of APG.

mag_lover05
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I think it was a cartoon in a OLD issue of APG.

it was...a REAL old issue

Dark Side
04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I dont think the seasoned vet is the one with the Rental Mask & marker with VL200. But I could be wrong :p

Don't forget his dad's DCU jacket in an environment that has nothing but dirt. :spit_take

maglover728
05-01-2007, 02:09 AM
My high school used to APG in the library. So I read alot of APG from 96-97.

bryceeden
05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/eclipsepb77/100_3162.jpg

i was over on the nation and i saw this in a pic forum, and i thought to myself, THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!!! but instead we have an online community over there that talks more than they play. 75 out of the 2000 members on PBN online are actually discussing the sport and the rest are teenagers calling each other gay and saying that they play for dynasty or something. a seasoned vet. sitting by a noob helping him out. why cant it always be this way? i think the sport would be so much better for everyone.

so, in summary of this rant/hate thread: next time you go play this great sport we all know called paintball. be like the guy above.

Very true, it really sucks when the kid you teach to play goes out and joins the worse bunch of dipweeds around and starts cheating left and right though.

Tractorpull
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I am 21 and at the field I play at, I am the old man. I always try to spread a bit of wisdom out on the younger crop, especially with the newbies when I am reffing. I often give them a briefing on basics of play not just safety. My big thing is letting them know that guys like me, we play the game just like they do, and they shouldn't be scared of us, but learn from us. Sometimes its hard lessons (my hardest was learning to wear a cup......at a full sprint.....ouch) but they will come from it as better players, as long as they are willing to learn and keep a positive attitude. My field is out in the boonies and it is better for all of us if we all play together, simply because many times we don't have the people for all of us to run in different groups. I play for love of the game for the last 5 years. While I still hope that one day I will play at the world cup, for the championship, that probably won't happen. But, if I pass that love on to just one person in my life, it has been totally worth it.