PDA

View Full Version : Cocker/ASA idea.

Toll
04-30-2007, 07:54 PM
I've been toying with the idea of setting up my cocker to be a pump (99, chrome, wood grips..great little gun) and I came to the following :

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/Mattstempaccount/NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/Mattstempaccount/Drawing2.jpg

I didnt want to waste the vigilante reg thats on there, but at the same time I didnt like where it was positioned and how annoyed I was with hitting my wrist on it.

Basically having the reg plug directly into the other side of the Asa and putting the whole thing on a rail. While doing that, running the macro line through the frame (or atleast the grips) The dotted line in the center of the bottom image is the indication of a grub screw as it would seem the easiest way for me to get the valve pin depressed with the tools I have available to me.

I drafted up something that aught to work but does anyone know of something more along this line? I stole the idea from the placement of a female stab but I could use some people who know more than I do to look it over and point out things I may have missed.

Railgun
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
A lot will depend on the wall thickness of the Vigilante or other reg at the point that you want to mill the dovetail into. Or am I reading your sketch wrong?

You may want to look into making up something like the cage that holds a unimount on-off but sized for the reg.

Spinnygrass
05-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Punisher I think it was did I Sniper with the air going through the frame itself. He drilled a hole all the way through the frame from bottom, to top, then drilled the body, and made a O-ring groove on the body, and bottom of the frame. After that, he just drilled a ASA so the air could go through that.

May be worth contacting him (If hes feeling any better). See if he has any tips, or pictures.

sledgebone
05-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Punisher I think it was did I Sniper with the air going through the frame itself. He drilled a hole all the way through the frame from bottom, to top, then drilled the body, and made a O-ring groove on the body, and bottom of the frame. After that, he just drilled a ASA so the air could go through that.

May be worth contacting him (If hes feeling any better). See if he has any tips, or pictures.

This was Ken from KP Customs that did this