PDA

View Full Version : E Tac with 1.8 Xmod trouble

Pigpen
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Help!

I have recently bought some emag lowers that I am having some difficulty with. I attached it to my Tac One and loved it, but I keep losing power, almost like a short. It appears to happen as soon as I pull the trigger.

My contacts arrear to be making good connection and the battery also seems to be working just fine. However as soon as I pull the trigger, I lose power. I wiggle the battery and it powers back on.

I cant imagine that the trigger would have a short, but having never owned an Emag, I have no idea.

I have a scenario in two days and have no problem running purely mechanical, but I'd really like to have the emag running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pigpen
out

MANN
05-01-2007, 09:08 AM
make sure your ground screws are screwed down tight.

athomas
05-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I second the idea of the ground screws. Its not the trigger that is causing your problem, but rather the high resistance ground joint. When you pull the trigger it activates the solenoid which is a high current draw. Since the ground is bad, the voltage to the board drops and shuts the board off.

Some of the frames had the board mounting holes annodised so they didn't give a good ground. Clean the hole out with a tap and even sand the top of the post a bit. Then when you mount the board it should give a good solid ground.