PDA

View Full Version : Xboard Rev or Ricochet

crakonpr
01-05-2002, 11:39 PM
whats faster? and out right better?

Oregon_pb_
01-06-2002, 01:04 AM
I'd go with a X board, mainly for the price. If you want to spend $70 or so spend the extra $70 and buy a halo.

X BOARD = Sweet, there's no delay in the turn on time which helps alot.

Turbo Board uses batterys but does spin quicker

Richo = more spendy and does the same as the above two i think.

X-Plosive
01-06-2002, 01:53 AM
at pbgear.net they have rico's for $64.99, I was going to get a smoke 12v but when I saw the rico for the same price I changed my mind. I really just want the ricochet for the novelty effect. It takes one 9v and they come with quiter gears now. I think they look nice too:)

liigod
01-06-2002, 01:57 AM
x board

IceCool32
01-06-2002, 02:30 AM
I'd say Xboard, but I'm partial to the traditonal design hoppers. Go with whatever you feel more comfortable with. Seeing Brass Eagle products lately, I'd say Rico. But since the X-board wasn't originally made by BE I'll say 12v revy with Xboard.

BOOT
01-06-2002, 04:13 AM
Well. I have a 12 volt Revy and a Ricochet and I like the Ricochet better. Here is why:

1. Rico only uses 1 9 volt batter with same shot capacity as 2 9 volts in Revy

2. Rico agitates every shot, not just after something jams (like in Revy.)

3. I have yet to have a ball jam under the paddles of the Rico. The Revy....well that's a different story. Oh, I use that RP advantage paint. I know fresh batteries are important, but I shouldn't have to change them in a Revy after a half a case of paint.

4. Rico is advertised to be faster than a Revy. Revy 10 bps, Rico 10 to 12 bps.

Here is a good review of loaders

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/lineup/index.shtml

I was one of the unlucky ones who has a 2000 Revy with the delay and then picked up an X board, now if I have to get new paddles.......Can you see where I'm going with this? I should have bought the Rico in the first place, it would have been WAY cheaper.

Yes I am a little partial to the Rico due to all of the problems I've had with the Revy.

Well the choice is all yours...

Have a good one.

X-Plosive
01-06-2002, 05:56 AM
actually the revvy is advertised at 10-12 and you can even get it to 14 with an intellifeed. The ricochet is advertised at about 12 but I have found it can go even faster.......never got accurate numbers though. I'll test it when I get it:) I really like the fact that the Ricochet only has one 9 volt......saves a lot of money in the long run. $7 for a 2-pack of 9 volt Duracell Ultra's or E2 titanium's. It also reduces a little bit of weight but that isn't really noticeable when the loader is full of paintballs.

MagMan5446
01-06-2002, 07:32 AM
But see, the rico is butt-a§§ ugly.

If I were you, I would wait until the HALO's came out.

paintballrulzs
01-06-2002, 10:05 AM
any1 that is thinkin bout spend 65 on an xboard rev needs to read this. I remember acepaintball.com has 12 volts for 40 and countypaintball have xboards for 10 bucks. So if u buy one of each you will have an xboard revvy and an extra board!!