PDA

View Full Version : Marq6

ricwhic414
05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Ok so I have a deal working out right now for a Marq6 with 4 eyes... Maybe some other upgrades. But what I was wondering is what the AO peeps think of the Marq6... I find if hard to find bad info on this marker because all the info I find are from marq owners and there not going to say how crappy it is. So any info is good info, tell me if you have had or heard of bad experiences with a marq.
Thanks
Ric

O and here is a pic of it

http://i15.tinypic.com/4qzsylv.jpg

CKY_Alliance
05-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Can't say how they shoot for myself, but I was told they shoot nice by a friend of mine. I can attest for how light and good they feel..I held one last year at MAO.

hobbesTZ
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
I know a couple people around here have switched to them and are pleased as pie. I personally like the grip frame on them.

gus13
05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
well as its made by Bob Long I'm willing to bet they are at least as good as they claim. I was seriously looking at getting one but decided not to over the Ego. But I still say that anything Bob Long comes out with should be pretty darn good!
gus

rkjunior303
05-03-2007, 12:10 PM
my teammate just got one and it shoots great.

Warwitch
05-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Not sure how well they perform but I actually think it one of the few new markers that looks hot. Everything is starting to look like Ego's, just milled down until there is nothing left but tubes. Personally I would rather have a couple extra oz's weight for a marker that looks like something.

t0nnn
05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
i agree, that gun does look very very good, if it shoots like a timmy you can't go wrong

WillyB
05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I've heard that they're pretty bouncy from the factory, but that can be changed. They do look nice, but I've seen a couple with some bad anno jobs and machining marks on them. Its to be expected though with a new gun. Overall, from what i've seen, they seem to be exceptional markers.

ricwhic414
05-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Not sure how well they perform but I actually think it one of the few new markers that looks hot. Everything is starting to look like Ego's, just milled down until there is nothing left but tubes. Personally I would rather have a couple extra oz's weight for a marker that looks like something.

Well I saw a couple people weigh marq6's in at 2lbs which I thought Ego's were around 1.99lbs

iambored
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I must ask what the purpose of 4 eyes is? Wasn't there some other gun with 4 eyes, too?

mutigerfan04
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
I almost bought one. I did decide to hold off. As i have come to the conclusion pump is the way for me. :argh: At least for this summer. I am letting my 06 Ego collect a few zzz's.

warbeak2099
05-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I must ask what the purpose of 4 eyes is? Wasn't there some other gun with 4 eyes, too?

I'd like to know the same thing.

Warwitch
05-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Well I saw a couple people weigh marq6's in at 2lbs which I thought Ego's were around 1.99lbs

I wasnt trying to say it was heavier. I was just making an observation about the direction of new markers in general ;)

CKY_Alliance
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM

No other gun to my knowledge has 4 eyes...one of the AKA guns has 4 detents..

The 4 eyes allow the gun to detect the ball faster...Instead of recognizing it when it is sitting in the breach it recognizes it before it hits the bottom with the first set of eyes..or something along those lines...

ricwhic414
05-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Warwitch- I completely agree with you, but I just wanted people to know that even with that look it still achieves low wait.

The 4 eyes... at least the way I understand it is.... It is so your marker is sync'd to your loader much better

Or something like that... from what I heard from marq guys is 4 eyes increases your speed

ProblemKinder
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
i think it looks ugly :eek: , but i don't think that's the info you're looking for. never held one :(

gus13
05-04-2007, 01:42 AM
the four eyes detects the ball stack and while it sits in the breech itself, the purpose is to increase speed, all around it is meant for just that, speed. the feedneck is actually apart of the body, which seems pretty cool. really small profile and height. etc. etc. it weighs in a bit heavier :cough :spit_take cough: than most newer markers but I doubt thats really a problem.still looks pretty sweet, but I'll stick w/my ego.

RFLMN1
05-05-2007, 07:55 AM
The JT Quadra had for eyes, and that was about 3 years ago

txaggie08
05-06-2007, 12:51 AM
The A&M team is using them....and has had nothing but hell with them.

ricwhic414
05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
The A&M team is using them....and has had nothing but hell with them.

All the problems I have found have been pretty simple ones, And even the harder ones you can just send it to BLAST and they seem to take care of the problems in a quick fashion

Warwitch
05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
All the problems I have found have been pretty simple ones, And even the harder ones you can just send it to BLAST and they seem to take care of the problems in a quick fashion

spending over a grand on a brand new marker and then having to send it to someone to make it run right is absurd :cuss:

ricwhic414
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
spending over a grand on a brand new marker and then having to send it to someone to make it run right is absurd :cuss:

Well I would have to agree with you but, you here about it a lot more then you think you should. A friend of mine got a brand new ironman DM7 air'd it up and that think was leaking like no other set it back to DYE and it was back running like a champ. Also saw this weekend kid buys a new PMR and it had 2 factory defects I know PMR's are a lot different DM7 but factory problems are going to happen no matter what.

Lord_Whoopass
05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I own a Marq 7 rapper... me and a friend bought new ones at the same time... his worked flawlessly out of the box and I had some regulator problems which I got fixed... The guns work great, very light with a good feel to them... I would recomend them... mine reminds me of the devilmag I had but w/o the kick...

ricwhic414
05-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I own a Marq 7 rapper... me and a friend bought new ones at the same time... his worked flawlessly out of the box and I had some regulator problems which I got fixed... The guns work great, very light with a good feel to them... I would recomend them... mine reminds me of the devilmag I had but w/o the kick...

Thanks for the vote of recommendation, from what the guy said is he had a problem with his so he sent it in and bob long himself (i guess) tuned him a brand new marker and sent it back so I doubt there will be any problems with it.