PDA

View Full Version : You guys remember the oldschool tank butt-stocks?

SummaryJudgement
05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I've had a ring-mount for a 68/88 ci tank for a while now and recently acquired another one. I'm thinking about setting up a new rig using one.

Does anybody remember those old metal butt-stocks that clamped onto the ends of fiber-wrapped tanks (non-peanut)? They had a look like the ring-mounts, but with a curved butt-stock attachment that stuck off the back.

I love the position the ring-mount puts the tank in, but it's a little short for me.

I'm looking for one of those big metal butt-stocks.

Any input?.....................

Beemer
05-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Does anybody remember those old metal butt-stocks that clamped onto the ends of fiber-wrapped tanks (non-peanut)? They had a look like the ring-mounts, but with a curved butt-stock attachment that stuck off the back.

I'm looking for one of those big metal butt-stocks.

Any input?.....................

Ya I remember those. Thats really old school. Good luck finding one.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/RingStock.jpg

SummaryJudgement
05-04-2007, 03:14 AM
YES!

Thanks Beemer! I've even been looking for pics for a couple of hours. It is pretty oldschool I guess. And even in the later nineties you didn't see that many floating around. A teammate of mine had one, and a couple other guys that came to our field, but that's about all I ever saw.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks again Beemer :D

maglover728
05-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Try asking around over at MCarterBrown.com. They are more of a vintage site and would likely be able to help.

SummaryJudgement
05-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm on it! Good call, been meaning to register over there for, oh, about three years now anyway........ :D

AronMsmith1987
05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Free Up Sombody please find This man what he desires he's a great guy and is good for his word Thanks from AronMsmith1987

AronMsmith1987
05-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Free Up Sombody please find This man what he desires he's a great guy and is good for his word Thanks from AronMsmith1987

Got you Posted up on MCB Bro I'll see what I can do for you, Thanks Agian AronMsmith1987

KayleAGD
05-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I think those were made by Paintball Mainia in St. Louis ..

SummaryJudgement
05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
At first I was thinking Nitro Duck. I went to their site and saw nothing about them, but I may drop them a line.

Paintball Mania sounds like a good option. Weren't Paintball Mania and Nitro Duck associated at one point in some way?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it :D

KayleAGD
05-05-2007, 03:18 PM
At first I was thinking Nitro Duck. I went to their site and saw nothing about them, but I may drop them a line.

Paintball Mania sounds like a good option. Weren't Paintball Mania and Nitro Duck associated at one point in some way?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it :D

nitroduck is the HPA line of paintball mania..

SummaryJudgement
05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Ahhhhhh, that makes sense.

Do you have a link? When I search I get a dozen foreign sites and a dozen more sites that are for fields/stores that are definately the old Paintball Mania. I'll keep looking in the meantime.

Thanks!

EDIT:
Just e-mailed NitroDuck. We'll see what happens.

Cryptkeeper
06-17-2007, 01:30 AM
I was wandering what ever happened to paintball mania they use to have an add in all the magazines now there is nothing if they have a website plz post it, yea those butt plates are very old school and wasnt very common to see on the field those will be VERY hard to find