PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

maglover728
05-04-2007, 02:52 AM
OMFG :eek:

My dogs like to eat old pantballs as treats. Is this normal?

Chaos_Theory!
05-04-2007, 03:02 AM
A lot of dogs sniff butt and eat crap so i wouldnt consider paintballs that far out there. I doubt they see them as treats rather just a random thing they can get in their mouth and digest.

J.James
05-04-2007, 04:51 AM
May not be a good idea . In some balls the main ingrediant is Ethyleneglycol which is what the antifreeze in your car is made up of . If fido eats enough of them, their kidneys can shut down and you may have a very expensive trip to the local vet . But I would say they'd have to eat like a whole bag for it to be lethal .

BigEvil
05-04-2007, 04:56 AM
My dog mugs them from me when im not looking. They love them. Mine also seems to really enjoy Autolube...

Chaos_Theory!
05-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Ethyleneglycol is NOT a main ingredient in paintballs. Im not sure where you get your info but they are way off. Not only is it a somewhat controlled substance and it is toxic (its harmful to the invironment/living creatures). Paintballs are non toxic and biodegradable. Unless you know what your talking about dont go around throwing stuff like that out there. Working at a pharmacutical company i had to go to a whole class about the stuff since it was actually used in the first liquid medicines (and led to a number of people dying).

buzzboy
05-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Paintballs are what, soap and jello, in a sence. They are non toxic to humans so I would guess also non toxic to dogs. Most dogs that have found our outlaw fields have had a picnic. And all of those dogs are still plenty healthy.

t0nnn
05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Do paintballs have as much soap as they did maybe 8-9 years ago? I remember hosing off a tree fort turned used as a bunker and it looked like we scrubbed it with dish detergent. I don't remember what brand paint it was...maybe i was just using weird paint

phizz
05-04-2007, 08:02 AM
My cats like to tear into my paintball bags if I accidentally leave them out. I now pretty much put everything in pods as soon as I buy it. I haven't actually seen them eat one, but I have found parts of broken ones on the floor.

Do paintballs have as much soap as they did maybe 8-9 years ago?

Nelson just came out with a new type of paint called EKG it has detergent in it because they had complains about how difficult it was to wash off.

:cheers: Sounds pretty normal to me.

monty7211
05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
my dog loves paintballs.. but be careful if they eat too many they'll get sick and vomit.
but it all depends on the size of the dog, i have a siberian husky and he ate half a bag and got sick like three minutes later.

WalkingTarget
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
main ingredient in most paintballs is Ethlyene Propinol (sp?) which is the inert, bitter tasting fluid in cough syrup.

the would not allow paintballs to be filled with Ethlyene Glycol, as humans could become poisoned by getting shot in the grill of the mask....

bryceeden
05-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Our dog eats paint all the time. It won't hurt them as long as they don't eat an entire case.

maglover728
05-04-2007, 11:45 AM
A lot of dogs sniff butt and eat crap so i wouldnt consider paintballs that far out there. I doubt they see them as treats rather just a random thing they can get in their mouth and digest.

I would have thought that too but the older one turned on the younger when he tried to find out what she was eating. They protect them like treats.

We need to make them bigger. The eddable fetch ball. A thicker shell and cow flavored fill. Would be a hit and we could make millions

Badmovies.org
05-04-2007, 11:58 AM
I would have thought that too but the older one turned on the younger when he tried to find out what she was eating. They protect them like treats.

We need to make them bigger. The eddable fetch ball. A thicker shell and cow flavored fill. Would be a hit and we could make millions

If I get shot by a huge bacon-flavored paintball, I am blaming you.

Tao
05-04-2007, 03:20 PM
My dog mugs them from me when im not looking. They love them. Mine also seems to really enjoy Autolube...

Mmmmmm....lube. He must pass shiny golden nuggets :rofl:

Tao
05-04-2007, 03:22 PM
One of the dogs at the field I play at liked to chase them when they were fired :rofl:

kruger
05-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Turkeys like 'em also. Got a flock of about twenty at my field that will go thru and clear them out. Took us a while to figure out what they were doing.

spike_ball999
05-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Paintballs; the pet treat for everyone!

My dogs will eat them too. It's funny to watch.

Pickle
05-04-2007, 07:27 PM
ASPCA says paintballs bad for dogs. (http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/toxbrief1203.pdf?docID=1521)

More evidence that paintballs are bad for dogs. (http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=2034&articleid=3425) "In one case, a 10 month-old, 45-pound Boxer died after eating more than 350 paintballs. "

Dark Side
05-04-2007, 07:38 PM
May not be a good idea . In some balls the main ingrediant is Ethyleneglycol which is what the antifreeze in your car is made up of . If fido eats enough of them, their kidneys can shut down and you may have a very expensive trip to the local vet . But I would say they'd have to eat like a whole bag for it to be lethal .

They took the bad stuff out of Antifreeze a long time ago. We have a bear at out field that eats paintballs. We leave little piles of them all over the place, a few days later, they are gone.

Paintchucker
05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
here is a guy eating 5 paintballs ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7gSR_1qExs

ROFLMAO...

I was talking with a buddy of mine at a bar, and had a couple paintballs in my pocket which i had picked up that had been rolling around in my car. Another buddy walks up and says "Cool Gumballs" and grabs one and pops it in his mouth. :p

An if you are wondering, No, tequila won't wash the taste of it out of you mouth...

maglover728
05-05-2007, 01:37 AM
When I was in Submarine school i would take a few balls with me to class when I was on mids and pass them out. I would squeze them into my Coke on a dare. I turned out just fine. :tard:

J.James
05-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanx for posting those links Pickle it was fairly early for me and I couldn't manage to find something like that . Let alone remember that it was Polyethylene glycol . I did however manage to remember that they were toxic to dogs, and is part of the base ingrediant that makes up some antifreezes . This is why when you get antifreeze on you hands they feel all slimey . Sorry for any confusion chaos, next time maby I'll post some sort of witty reply instead of actual concern for a fello ballers pet .

Pickle
05-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanx for posting those links Pickle it was fairly early for me and I couldn't manage to find something like that . Let alone remember that it was Polyethylene glycol . I did however manage to remember that they were toxic to dogs, and is part of the base ingrediant that makes up some antifreezes . This is why when you get antifreeze on you hands they feel all slimey . Sorry for any confusion chaos, next time maby I'll post some sort of witty reply instead of actual concern for a fello ballers pet .

No problem J. James.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/01/21/70/image_1570211.jpg
Just the facts Ma'am.

Chaos_Theory!
05-05-2007, 04:21 PM
They took the bad stuff out of Antifreeze a long time ago. We have a bear at out field that eats paintballs. We leave little piles of them all over the place, a few days later, they are gone.

No, that "bad stuff" is still in anti-freeze its just not used in paintballs.

maglover728
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
There are brands of antifreeze that lack "the bad stuff." not aevery kind. I think Peak has that chemical removed but Prestone doesn't.

skife
05-05-2007, 10:05 PM
i recall a pic in APG about 5ish years ago of a paintball eating contest, it had a buncha people staning in a line with vl200's above their heads with a peice of hose hanging off of them.

looked interesting.

Chaos_Theory!
05-06-2007, 01:48 AM
maglover - Very true but for the most part companies sell the normal stuff.

skife - Yeah ive seen stuff like that in person. I believe the one your refering to had like 2 guys next to each other eating purple paintballs from a vl200 with clear tuping attached to them.

skife
05-06-2007, 02:14 AM
maglover - Very true but for the most part companies sell the normal stuff.

skife - Yeah ive seen stuff like that in person. I believe the one your refering to had like 2 guys next to each other eating purple paintballs from a vl200 with clear tuping attached to them.

yeah, thats the one.

maglover728
05-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Wha ever happened to the Zap Purple passion? If ever I had to chose a paintball on color fill alonw, That would be my choice.

paint magnet
05-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Paintballs won't hurt a dog...keep an eye on your carpet though, as they don't seem to agree very well with the canine digestive tract.

Pickle
05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Paintballs won't hurt a dog...

You are kidding,...right? (http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/toxbrief1203.pdf?docID=1521)

maglover728
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
So, if players have paintball eating contests, this tells me that there is a large difference between a dogs systems and a humans. This thread was opened when I gave my dogs 1 paintball each, not a pod, not half a case. And people eat these by the hopper full.

paint magnet
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
You are kidding,...right? (http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/toxbrief1203.pdf?docID=1521)

Well I mean hell, if you or a dog eat 350 of anything it's not going to be good for you. I'm not going to feed paint to my dog or let him bury his head in a box of RPS but I won't lose any sleep if he finds a couple balls that fell out of my hopper lying around the yard and scarfs them down...he's 15 years old so it must not be hurting him too much.

*edit* --Which is why it's labeled "non-toxic,'' assuming you or an animal only ingested a small amount it probably won't hurt you...just like Elmer's glue is "non-toxic," but would probably kill a dog too if it ate a gallon of the stuff.

Pickle
05-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Chocolate is also "non-toxic" yet potentially fatal to dogs as well. According to my vet one ounce of chocolate per pound of dog can be fatal. My point is, to make blanket statements like that is irresponsible. Anything in large quantities can be harmful. Just because it is not harmful in lesser quantities does not mean caution should not be used.