PDA

View Full Version : level 10 question

sdawg
05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
My question isn't addressed by the level 10 instructions. Do you still use the bolt bumper that is used in the level 7 bolt?

I assembled the level 10 bolt with the bumper behind the bolt. Having followed the instructions exactly, I aired up and tried to fire the marker, but it seemed to get stuck. To add to my frustration, when I took the marker appart, the sear pin vanished into thin air, and now I am going to have to order one from AGD or track down a replacement. I think I am going crazy. :tard:

Spider-TW
05-04-2007, 04:44 PM
At least you didn't discharge the on/off through the table or wall or... :rolleyes:

You still use a bolt bumper. The lvl 10 comes with a blue one. I think the only difference between them is how long they should last. If you haven't already, look at the lvl 10 instruction disk that is packed under the foam in the package (some people don't realize it is there).

Post your valve, spring, carrier and shim setup and you should get some answers. How far out was the bolt getting stuck?

sdawg
05-04-2007, 04:55 PM
thanks for the reply. I think that the problem is that I may have forgotten to put the sear pin back the last time I took my mag apart! :tard:

So, I am going to wait a week for my new sear pin to arrive from AGD. Then, I will take off from where I left off.

As for how my level 10 is set up - exactly as the default instructions that came with it told me to set it up.

Tunaman
05-04-2007, 06:50 PM
At least you didn't discharge the on/off through the table or wall or... :rolleyes:

You still use a bolt bumper. The lvl 10 comes with a blue one. I think the only difference between them is how long they should last. If you haven't already, look at the lvl 10 instruction disk that is packed under the foam in the package (some people don't realize it is there).

Post your valve, spring, carrier and shim setup and you should get some answers. How far out was the bolt getting stuck?
The Level 10 bolt kit does NOT come with a bumper of any kind.... ;)

sdawg
05-04-2007, 08:28 PM

That's what I thought. So, do I just use the blue one that came stock with my NIB minimag?

Also, I think that the reason that my minimag didn't fire may also be because my reg was at too low a pressure... I guess I should have read all the instructions, which is ironic seeing as I am a technical writer by trade.

Tunaman
05-04-2007, 08:34 PM
yes.any bumper is fine

Spider-TW
05-04-2007, 10:55 PM

Well, it does if you buy a rebuild kit for every lvl10 kit you put in.. :(

Thanks Tuna! :hail: