PDA

View Full Version : Insidious leak...

warbeak2099
05-05-2007, 12:26 PM
My mag is leaking down the barrel. I have the smallest lvl 10 carrier in. It can't be the fitting, there is so much teflon tape on there it could stop a leak in the Hoover dam. I am so angry I could punch a kitten. Any ideas?

olinar
05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
turn the velocity down. does it leak as soon as it is aired up without pulling the trigger?
i know thisll sound stupid but make sure youve got a sear in there. i had an issue like this after putting my mag back together after cleaning and i forgot the sear.

warbeak2099
05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
turn the velocity down. does it leak as soon as it is aired up without pulling the trigger?
i know thisll sound stupid but make sure youve got a sear in there. i had an issue like this after putting my mag back together after cleaning and i forgot the sear.

Lol, I have a sear in it. Playing with the velocity does very little. The leak happens as soon as the marker has air running through it.

Coralis
05-05-2007, 05:36 PM
does it leak with the trigger pulled ?

Russ
05-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Here's what I do to track down a pesky Mag leak...

I submerse the gun in a pail of water, and look where the bubbles are coming from. Works every time, just DO NOT do it with an electro gun!

If you find it's is coming out the carrier, try a different batch of O rings. Also try adjusting the tension on the rear field strip screw. Looser, tighter, etc.

See if it leaks without a barrel installed. Check the fit of the bolt in the barrel(s), and make SURE the bolt isn't contacting the barrel's ID, and shifting the bolt.

warbeak2099
05-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Too bad it's a spydermag :D