PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Nubbins?

personman
01-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Well, Yesterday I went paintballing, and Ran out of paintballs. (it was a BYOP field) so i borrowed some of my little brothers paint cause i still had a little nitro left.. they SUCKeD! the broke everywhere and i ended up running out of nitro, and shooting balls into my barrel that never came out. they got stuck. so i tryed a squeegee. it diddnt work well.. finally the guy at the field pulled out a squeegee with feathers or somthing on either end and just shoved all the paintballs out. i looked in the barell and noticed that in the middle of the nubbin there was a bend. it was pretty bad but i bent it back when i got home.. i havent tryed it yet but if it doesnt work then i need some more nubbins.. i looked on the AGD store and there is only the Plastic Nubbins (6 pc), and the Mag O-Ring Replacement Kit. Well, i dont need extra o rings, plus it only comes with 2 nubbins, and the Plastic Nubbins says 'What more can we say? Get 'em in packages of 6. MUST BE USED WITH SUPERBOLTS!!' I defentally dont have a superbolt.. and im not planning on buying one either! so.. where can i get some nubbins?

Potatoboy
01-06-2002, 11:19 AM
The plastic ones will work with a regular bolt. It's just that if you have a SuperBolt you *Must* use them. Go ahead and order some plastic nubbins, they're much easier to use than wire ones.

paintbattler
01-06-2002, 11:28 AM
i have plastic nubbins with my regular bolt. i dunno if this is a right consumption, but it makes my barrel alot harder to put on and when i do put it on it pinches my oring, but it mite be the plastic nubbin cuz the pinch is right above it.

personman
01-06-2002, 11:37 AM
ok, thanks alot guys.

Omicron
01-06-2002, 11:51 AM
i sanded my plastic nubbins down where needed, i actually took a small drill bit and drilled parts of the nubbin otu where the oring goes over it. It works perfect for me now, just somethign you could try though. Mine were the older ones, I dont know if you have to do those to the newer ones, they may be fixed already.

HoppysMag
01-06-2002, 12:04 PM
ya my plastic nubbins pinch the oring but it aint no big deal.

you can get regular P style or V style wire nubbins at your local store. but plastic ones work best with or with out the superbolt

paintbattler
01-06-2002, 01:54 PM
thx thats a good idea sanding them. i think ill try it =)