PDA

View Full Version : so I got threatened with a hammer today...

gus13
05-07-2007, 12:23 AM
yah, one of the guys that play where I do got mad about people overshooting him in one game, I told him I never saw him call himself out and he was literally running across the field like he was making a move, so I was shooting him and didn't stop til I saw him walk off, turns out that the 2 other guys on my team (3 man games) were doing the same thing! so he got mad and wanted to fight, I told him,"If that'll make you feel better" so he started at me, saw a hammer on the ground and said," I'll use this on you!" well about then is when everyone jumped and told him to drop the hammer, which is when his little brother tore into him for acting like a little girl, and he left in a huff (as is normal for him, we have a long history) but still he wanted to hit me with a hammer!! :spit_take, I'm still laughing about that! :D

Tao
05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
yah, one of the guys that play where I do got mad about people overshooting him in one game, I told him I never saw him call himself out and he was literally running across the field like he was making a move, so I was shooting him and didn't stop til I saw him walk off, turns out that the 2 other guys on my team (3 man games) were doing the same thing! so he got mad and wanted to fight, I told him,"If that'll make you feel better" so he started at me, saw a hammer on the ground and said," I'll use this on you!" well about then is when everyone jumped and told him to drop the hammer, which is when his little brother tore into him for acting like a little girl, and he left in a huff (as is normal for him, we have a long history) but still he wanted to hit me with a hammer!! :spit_take, I'm still laughing about that! :D

Well it happens sometimes. People forget the golden rule of not getting bonus balled: hold your gun over your head to signal that you are out. :rofl:

As for the hammer...well that is pushing it. Saying something and actually doing it are two different things, probably not the kind of person to use a weapon, just said something dumb when he was angry. It's still assault with a weapon though, people have to be careful with that sorta thing....

gus13
05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
like I said, we have a long history, basically he was mad cuz he was getting shot all day and his guys couldn't pull themselves out of the funk they were in, so they were losing alot, which upsets him to begin with (which is why its normal for him to leave in a huff or say he's quitting, throws his stuff etc stc.) and he just wanted something to go ballistic over. like as the game ended he kept yelling that it should have been a one for one and that he had called himself out and was trying to leave the field when we all shot him (which is odd cuz he was running to another bunker until I started shooting at him) but the ref even said that he never saw him call himself out, regardless I just thought it was amusing cuz this is the 2nd time he's wanted to fight with me, but dude, He picked up a hammer!!!! :tard: I still find that too amusing! :D

AirAssault
05-07-2007, 01:34 AM
so I was shooting him and didn't stop til I saw him walk off,

So what is the point in shooting him after you see the first one break on him? Sounds like you need a beat down to me.

spike_ball999
05-07-2007, 01:37 AM
So what is the point in shooting him after you see the first one break on him? Sounds like you need a beat down to me.

If they're not going to call themselves out and the ref won't pull em, I'd suspect they're a cheater. Cheat = bonus balls of many

gus13
05-07-2007, 01:37 AM
didn't see any break, thats why I kept shooting
I woulda stopped if I had.

AirAssault
05-07-2007, 05:31 AM
If they're not going to call themselves out and the ref won't pull em, I'd suspect they're a cheater. Cheat = bonus balls of many

You have no clue what the guy was doing/thinking. Tell ya what, let me come play on your field and you do that crap to me, I wont need a hammer cause Im putting my foot up in your 4th point of contact. Let the refs worry about cheaters, its your job to have good sportsmanship. Over shooting someone is bs, cheating or not, and the fact that you say you would do it is total bs. You should respect the other players on the field, even if they are showing you none. The ability to control yourself is what makes you a man, not how many time you can over shoot someone.

Epic Fail Guy
05-07-2007, 05:37 AM

ITT: We condone cheating when it applies to ourselves.

Pacifist_Farmer
05-07-2007, 06:39 AM
What kind of field do you play at that randomly has hammers laying on the ground?

He was probably wrong for not putting his gun in the air, you were definitely wrong for bonus balling him the whole way off the field. The best question is where were the ref's.

Lord_Whoopass
05-07-2007, 07:07 AM
What kind of field do you play at that randomly has hammers laying on the ground?

lazy refs might leave them laying around if they use them to pound stakes into the ground for the airball bunkers...

As for the bonus balling I can see where this can happen. I am not saying bonus balling is a good practice by any means and in normal rec or "pickup" games, it should really never happen. I have and do bonus ball people (mostly at team practices), because the fact of the matter is, if you keep playing and shooting your marker, your considering yourself alive so I just keep telling you that your dead. now Airassault if you were to play against me and I hit you and your marker/hand went up, you would never see any bonus balling at all... actually its honest people like that, that there need to be more of in the sport.

back on topic... I have actually had a kid in a rec ball game throw a line at me after the game was over because I would make a move on the right side fifty and one ball him in the butt almost every game. I got pretty pissed but didnt retaliate at all against the kid and he ended up getting kicked out for the day. The field owner seen the incident and thanked me for not doing anything back to the kid after he kicked him out... IDK it seems to me that some people just have a bad day and end up making a fool of themselves.

Lohman446
05-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Accidental bonus balling - happens

Intentional - really not an excuse.

geekwarrior
05-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Accidental bonus balling - happens

Intentional - really not an excuse.

unless they're wiping? :D

SCpoloRicker
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
ITT: We condone cheating when it applies to ourselves.

lolololololololololololololololol.

/lol

gus13
05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
see it wasn't intentional bonus balling, he ran, literally from the middle of the field toward a bunker as though he were making a move. so I shot a rope as did the two other guys on my team. and he still waited until he got behind another bunker and sat there for a second before deciding to come out and walk off the field. but he claimed he called himself out at the center rolly. none saw that including the refs. he ran across the field like he was making a move, he had 3 different guns turn on him during that run. once I saw him act like he was actually out I stopped but he was acting like he was still ingame when he started running cross field (thats how he plays) so thats why I shot. and in all reality the paint we use is terrible crap that doesn't want to break to begin with so I'm willing to bet he got more bounces than anything. and you guys have to realize its not really the bonus balling that set him off that was the straw that broke the camels back.his team was losing all day, and I mean getting spanked, and he lets crap like that sink in and P him off for the rest of the day, then when this happened and everyone told him that no one saw him call himself out and he looked like he was still ingame, including his own teammates and his brother, he just lost it and him and I are always bickering so it was just convenient to come at me, like I said it made me giggle.

Warwitch
05-07-2007, 02:18 PM
WTF, is somebody deleting my posts :confused: I posted (and viewed) a reply here and all of a sudden its gone. Was ther something offensive about M.C. Hammer, or just poor humor??

iambored
05-07-2007, 03:02 PM
If someone went at me on a paintball field with I'd shoot them, it's self defense. No one does anything stupid like that at a place that is already under constant media fire. If I couldn't shoot em I club em with somethin hard, like a chair, barrel, etc.

Has the guy showed up since? (I wouldn't show my face after my brother had to stop me from doing somethin stupid like that.)

Paintchucker
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
When the ref is going over the rules, make sure they emphasize what to do to call yourself out, and review with hammer boy again if necessary.

When I get hit, I make sure that everyone on the field hears me hollar "The man's hit, let him out!!!" Gun goes shoulder height, barrel pointed skyward.

Only time I have been bonus balled was accidental when I was walking down the tape line and too close to the line of fire from a guy that was shooting at a guy in a bunker still playing...

Epic Fail Guy
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
When I get hit, I make sure that everyone on the field hears me hollar "The man's hit, let him out!!!" Gun goes shoulder height, barrel pointed skyward.

That's the general thing we down here.

Once someone is hit, and we know it's a confirmed hit, the shooter or someone witnessing a break on another player will shout, 'Let him out!' and it gets the point accross.

warbeak2099
05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
What's wrong with shooting till they call themselves out? You don't know if any broke on them. The ref hasn't called them out, so in your mind, you haven't shot them out yet. Maybe all your shots bounced. Until the ref calls someone out, you have no other choice.

If they come at you, take it outside. If they want to be immature about being overshot because they don't have the sense to call themselves, give them a good workover. Don't lose the damn fight tho lol.

hipster
05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I have yet to play a field where everyone is honest enough to to stand with gun up and get off the field every time

I am sorry to say if I shoot you and you don't jump up and get off the x-ball field I don't have the time to wait or turn my side to you in hope that your honest and just taking your time to get off the field - you will be shot at until you raise the gun and get off , and I do don't get all mad when its done to me after all its x-ball move fast shoot fast and if you don't get out fast expect bonus shots it the nature of the game

if you can't handle it -play laser tag or air soft

warbeak2099
05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I have yet to play a field where everyone is honest enough to to stand with gun up and get off the field every time

I am sorry to say if I shoot you and you don't jump up and get off the x-ball field I don't have the time to wait or turn my side to you in hope that your honest and just taking your time to get off the field - you will be shot at until you raise the gun and get off , and I do don't get all mad when its done to me after all its x-ball move fast shoot fast and if you don't get out fast expect bonus shots it the nature of the game

if you can't handle it -play laser tag or air soft

Good point. Girls play this sport and do just fine. If you have to whine like a baby after getting bb'ed, you aren't mature enough to play.

mutigerfan04
05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
It is sad after all it's just a game. In 100 years nobody is going to care if you won or lost. Why can't people just play for fun? Sounds to me like that kid needs to grow up.

maxama10
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Tell ya what, let me come play on your field and you do that crap to me, I wont need a hammer cause Im putting my foot up in your 4th point of contact.

You should respect the other players on the field, even if they are showing you none. The ability to control yourself is what makes you a man, not how many time you can over shoot someone.

IRONY.

Epic Fail Guy
05-07-2007, 08:22 PM
IRONY.

Oh man, I lol'd.

SCpoloRicker
05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
edit....keep it in FK, Second warning.

I suggested this a while back, namely reserving goofing off for FC and making a solid effort to be helpful and polite in PB talk. I'd support the idea again.
Count me in.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209462

Epic Fail Guy
05-07-2007, 08:32 PM
You amerikkkans are so funny sometimes.

Warwitch
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I think this guy posts here :tard:

Caboose
05-07-2007, 09:05 PM
We're missing the important question, gentlemen.

Who abandoned a perfectly useful hammer?

gus13
05-08-2007, 02:18 AM
well when he picked it up everyone started yelling and my wife (who was standing next to him) told him to drop it or she'd be kickin' his butt, and of course he dropped it, now whats really funny is this is the guy that did it;
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/evilgus13/Open_Play_009.jpg
he's supposed to be the Captain of his team!
oh and yeah I see him everyday cuz we work toegther, on the same job, so Ihave seen him since,and his story's already changed like 3 times. ie, he never picked up the hammer to begin with or he grabbed the hammer but it was "stuck in a board" (don't ask me I don't have a clue!) whatever was most conveniant for him at the time, but I didn't have to listen to it cuz I was put on a different job today, YAY RIBEYES! :clap:

maglover728
05-08-2007, 04:06 AM
For a guy to be that mad, you guys must have laid a few great ropes out there. :cheers:

Hexis
05-08-2007, 08:42 AM
If I had a hammer...
I'd hammer on a baller
I'd hammer on a baller, all over this land!

jollychainsaw
05-08-2007, 09:34 AM
In his honor, you and your team should get little toy hammers and wear them on your pod belt or tape them to your hoppers. :D

Friendly-fire
05-08-2007, 08:59 PM
IRONY.

Thanks man, I almost missed that, a very good laugh.

If they get hit but don't call themselves out/whipe, they obviously like getting shot. You should be a pal and hit them a few more times.

gus13
05-09-2007, 12:52 AM
:rofl:
In his honor, you and your team should get little toy hammers and wear them on your pod belt or tape them to your hoppers. :D :rofl:
thats great! I may just have to!

AGDRetro
05-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Funny, I can play all day and have zero problems with bonus balling so long as I move like a dead man and keep my gun in the air when I've been eliminated. I stop shooting when I see a gun go in the air and this seems to be common sense for most of us. If you don't want a few extra welts, learn to get that gun up over your head a little quicker!

TheTramp
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Shooting someone until they call themselves out or are called out by the ref isn’t bonus balling. Shooting someone after they’ve indicated that they are out is.

I’d say that the original incident wasn’t (at least in the mind of the shooters) bonus balling because he appeared to still be playing.

warbeak2099
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Shooting someone until they call themselves out or are called out by the ref isn’t bonus balling. Shooting someone after they’ve indicated that they are out is.

I’d say that the original incident wasn’t (at least in the mind of the shooters) bonus balling because he appeared to still be playing.

This man speaks truth.

PBChappy
05-09-2007, 05:25 PM
so much anger in speed ball hehe i just going to keep hiding in woods

Ninjeff
05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Could be worse...you could have gotten attacked by MC Hammer.

dundundun dun.....dun dun...dun dun....cant touch this....... :dance:

JRingold
05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
so much anger in speed ball hehe i just going to keep hiding in woods

Yeah, doing it in the woods is sooooo much better. :D

ThePixelGuru
05-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Seconding the opinion that it's only bonus balling if the preson's either a) called himself out or b) been called out by a ref. If I shoot someone and they don't call themselves out, I tend to clarify the situation with a couple more shots.

In a related story, I managed to sneak into a bunker with a great angle on an opposing player about 20 feet away and pegged him in the leg. He looked around, didn't see anyone, and wiped. I pop out from the bunker again and yell at him to say I saw it. He insists nothing happened to both me and the ref (a friend of mine) who saw, and tries to argue when my friend tries to pull him. I tell him we both saw it, and he's got no shot at me and I can easily hit him again. He argues some more, refuses to be pulled, so my friend says he can have it his way and I peg him twice more, this time in the neck. He called himself out that time. :D

warbeak2099
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Seconding the opinion that it's only bonus balling if the preson's either a) called himself out or b) been called out by a ref. If I shoot someone and they don't call themselves out, I tend to clarify the situation with a couple more shots.

In a related story, I managed to sneak into a bunker with a great angle on an opposing player about 20 feet away and pegged him in the leg. He looked around, didn't see anyone, and wiped. I pop out from the bunker again and yell at him to say I saw it. He insists nothing happened to both me and the ref (a friend of mine) who saw, and tries to argue when my friend tries to pull him. I tell him we both saw it, and he's got no shot at me and I can easily hit him again. He argues some more, refuses to be pulled, so my friend says he can have it his way and I peg him twice more, this time in the neck. He called himself out that time. :D

Lol, forced himself into a neckshot. :rofl:

gus13
05-10-2007, 01:03 AM
beautiful! the way I see it it was well deserved (in both our situations) can't own up to being shot prepare to get a few more for your troubles! :shooting: :D
although you have to admit at least you weren't threatened with a hammer afterwards! :rofl:
(I still can't believe that and it makes me giggle)

zazzoo
05-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Its cool as long as he didnt have a nail :nono:

SR_matt
05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
i used to be of the pratice of shoot and if u think you hit them yell at them call to them etc etc but dont keep shoting... after playing for a while i am at the point, if your gun isnt up and you arent moving like a dead man with a gun up you will probably get shot (ill at leas ask if they are just walking but they almsot always go "o no im out sorry" and throw up a gun real quick)

maybe playing tourney ball some tink they can rely on the refs more but at scenarios the ref player ratio is definatly to much to be relying of refs for every hit. if i can find the hit on ym self and team mate cant see it if i have one around and theres no ref, i play (cause i dont think im hit) and i expect others to do the same.

its a simpl rule, if your out gun up, cover your groin, its blatant that you are out, if some one doesnt have a gun up they are saying they are in. simple, end of story
-matt

hulk
05-11-2007, 05:46 AM
It’s like an unwritten code you play on after you get shot your gona light you up. I have done it on numerous times. This one time I had a father stand on the outside of the nets and tell his son were I was because I was holding him down I tried to get his attention by shooting the net (not in front of his face just incase). My lil bro was sitting out and he could here me yelling at the guy and got his attention and the guy was oblivious to what he was doing he thought it was legal. I eventfully got the kid out and put an extra one on his shoulder but u knows it just makes u angry when people don’t play by the rules.

mag_lover05
05-11-2007, 07:18 AM
if a ref didnt pull him and he in no way indicated he was out...i'd keep shooting. i see nothing wrong in what you did. however, for him to threaten you is total BS. he must have a big EGO. cuz he shoots one to...

hulk
05-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Im think that I should have worded my post a little better. in the game of paintball you get out but having a succseful hit, meaning ball or balls break leaving paint on players body or the paintball equipment they have physical possession of (gun pod belt etc.) anyone who disagrees with that go play air soft. Form the point they see the mark they should call themselves out. If they make any advancing moves after being marked that is playing on. (big no no).call a ref for a paint check first if a reff doesn’t hear you then yell to the opposing player. If he says that he is not out and you know this beyond reasonable drought that he is out I don’t see a problem with lighting him up because he must like to get his allot. ill admit it I have played on knowing I got hit I was playing with my friends I had an a-5 vs. 3 ions but I like to get hit I wanted to put my self up the field more to have more of a challenge. I told them after that I wiped and they being my friends just laughed because I had about 100 balls al over my body. So I guess what im saying is that there are times to wipe and times to bonus ball. But you should never threaten someone’s like over a paintball game

~hulk

gus13
05-12-2007, 01:27 AM
if a ref didnt pull him and he in no way indicated he was out...i'd keep shooting. i see nothing wrong in what you did. however, for him to threaten you is total BS. he must have a big EGO. cuz he shoots one to...

well I wouldn't say he has an Ego, persay, he is bipolar I believe. just cuz one minute he'll be saying what an awesome dude he is and how great a player he is, then as soon as you give him the tiniest bit of criticism about his playstyle ie telling him his elbow is sticking out of a bunker when he's snapshooting, and then it turns into what a terrible person he is and what an awful player and he should just quit altogether blah blah blah. I've had to listen to that crap for the past 3 years and it gets tiresome. Also the guy is a total elitist. (also going to the bipolar crap) he's always talking down his own teammates and random equipment like my mags,saying one second, "dude when you got your mag I feel almost sorry for anyone you shoot at" and the next,"why are you shooting that when you could be using your ego? you can't shoot as fast and I have to carry you all game." but its really funny to me cuz he's so easy to irritate! perfect example; Super Bowl week, I was talking about how I wanted the Bears to win, and he says ,"The Russian Legion would kick the Bears butts at Football" and I said no, they'd get stomped, I'd like to see Federov get sacked by the Bears ebtire D-line and survive," and he got mad at me!! wouldn't talk to me for like 3 days after that!! :rofl: :rofl: too amusing!

Lohman446
05-12-2007, 07:14 AM
well I wouldn't say he has an Ego, persay, he is bipolar I believe. just cuz one minute he'll be saying what an awesome dude he is and how great a player he is, then as soon as you give him the tiniest bit of criticism about his playstyle ie telling him his elbow is sticking out of a bunker when he's snapshooting, and then it turns into what a terrible person he is and what an awful player and he should just quit altogether blah blah blah. I've had to listen to that crap for the past 3 years and it gets tiresome. Also the guy is a total elitist. (also going to the bipolar crap) he's always talking down his own teammates and random equipment like my mags,saying one second, "dude when you got your mag I feel almost sorry for anyone you shoot at" and the next,"why are you shooting that when you could be using your ego? you can't shoot as fast and I have to carry you all game." but its really funny to me cuz he's so easy to irritate! perfect example; Super Bowl week, I was talking about how I wanted the Bears to win, and he says ,"The Russian Legion would kick the Bears butts at Football" and I said no, they'd get stomped, I'd like to see Federov get sacked by the Bears ebtire D-line and survive," and he got mad at me!! wouldn't talk to me for like 3 days after that!! :rofl: :rofl: too amusing!

That alone is not bipolar - it sounds more like egoism / narcissism.

SR_matt
05-12-2007, 07:37 AM
when some one is really bipolar its mre so of a happy/depressed but the big thing is that it takes more time than 5 mins to switch sides (at least a few hours normaly a few days from my understanding)

sound smore like he just has anger managment issues and probably no one every got on his case when he was a little kid being a rotten little thing

did you let the owner/manager of the field know what happened? if not you probably should jsut so he is aware

-matt

gus13
05-12-2007, 06:34 PM
well I dunno what it is, I was just thinking bipolar due to the extremes in mood swing. but egotism is of course one fault of his. and the owner is aware of the situation, has for a while, just another day at the office so to speak.

maglover728
05-13-2007, 06:02 PM
You all need to show up at the field next time with those huge inflaeable hammers you can get at county fairs. Do little skitts about sportsman ship in the staging area between games. I love spinning people up over petty stuff.