PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Monster Game

StygShore
05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Anyone going to be making it out for this?

Phat4Life07 has been trying to drum up some AKA guys among others, and I thought I would do my efforts here.

Lone Wolf will be going again this year and hopefully have a heck of a lot larger turnout than last year. we do have 2 campsites this year if anyone needs an area to stage out of, drink heavily and pass out... or whatever

We have not decided what color we will be playing this year yet, but phat has been convinced to join the Red side - I think we will remain yellow as we always have been since the beginning years of the MMG.

http://www.hellsurvivors.com/MONSTER%20GAME/index.htm

Styg

wyn1370
05-18-2007, 07:49 AM
save me a patch of ground, I might try to stay on sight all year this year. Let me know what side you end up on, cause Data and I are getting ready to pre-reg and need a color.

StygShore
05-18-2007, 08:15 AM
we are going to be Yellow again this year I think, but I will verify this afternoon... and I still owe you/data some cash :) didnt forget about ya

He should put the rest up for sale on AO, see if he can fund the trip to Monster this year :)

Styg

emumikey
05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
I will be there and will have 2 maybe 3 others with me. Been looking forward to this all year since its the only big game I will be able to make it to. Everybody I know decided to get married this summer...

wyn1370
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
as soon as I you tell me what color, I'm gonna go register
I actually still have all his stock in drops sitting in my basement. I'm just not sure either of us want to deal with the hassle of selling them off individually.

StygShore
05-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Wyn,

I got time to do it for a few bucks from each sale :)

It is my belief anyone that has a flatline N2 system needs one of those drops!!!!

Emu

Yeah, Marriage can kill your bank account and time for playing paintball - I am one of the few that got married last year, and my wife is still OK with me playing ( not that I don't get grief every time I leave to go play )

Styg

emumikey
05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I am getting married next May, my fiance supports my hobby as well. I am very appreciative if that :clap:

StygShore
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
as soon as I you tell me what color, I'm gonna go register
I actually still have all his stock in drops sitting in my basement. I'm just not sure either of us want to deal with the hassle of selling them off individually.

Becasue of the grief the General ( that would be the Ole guy Bruce you met ) got last year about going to Red, we will remain YELLOW this year. It worked out well last year being out numbered by a few hundred gave us lots and lots of people to shoot at!!!

Remember crawling through the apple thorn trees in the back corner? I felt like I was calling targets and my gunners would tear them up :D

Styg

Besides, being Yellow we get to shoot Phat4Life and all his AKA buddies :)

StygShore
05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
You guys playing both days or just 1 this year?

Styg

wyn1370
05-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah I remember the crawling, that was my favorite part of the whole weekend. I'm wearing shoulder pads all year this year though.
I'm doing both days. Not sure about data and others. If I can get the wife's ok, I'd like to spend the whole weekend at the field and beer it up with you guys.

Code Name : Cthulhu
05-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I’m hoping to make it again this year (third straight year) but that all hinges on weather I can find a job between now and then. If I find a job then I’m in, if I can’t find a job by then I’ll won’t be making it, that is unless I can talk my mother into fronting me the money for the event. If I do make it I'm going yellow this year, the group of guys I go with flip flops colors every year.

BTW Styg did you ever get Xmod or not I haven’t talked to you since you came over to check it out on my Emag?

StygShore
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I’m hoping to make it again this year (third straight year) but that all hinges on weather I can find a job between now and then. If I find a job then I’m in, if I can’t find a job by then I’ll won’t be making it, that is unless I can talk my mother into fronting me the money for the event. If I do make it I'm going yellow this year, the group of guys I go with flip flops colors every year.

BTW Styg did you ever get Xmod or not I haven’t talked to you since you came over to check it out on my Emag?

No Xmod yet, I opted for AGD 4.01 on there for now since I shoot semi only 99.9 percent of the time. Glad to have ya on the yellow team if you can make it out there. Lone Wolf will have 2 campsites somewhere near the middle of the mess this year if anyone wants to swing by.

Styg

MASSPANIC420
05-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Man I Would Love To Make It To That. Going To Try But The Cash Flow Is Kind Of Low Layed Off Sucks

StygShore
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah, was much more affordable when it was BYOP - we would buy a skid of good paint for 22.00 a case and go crazy out there.

60.00 a case dffinatley hurts, and has shown in the lower attendance, and the pretty weak "private" vendor turnout. People just dont have the extra money to spend on new things up there, so the vendors have dropped off drastically in th elast 3 years.

still got 2 months.. go mow some lawns or something :)

Styg

Code Name : Cthulhu
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
If I can make it this year I'll be set up in the middle of vendor parking again this year, one of the guys we play with gets vendor parking pass every year, and we camp at Hell Creek Ranch

G Squat
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
As far as I know I, and many of the 100+ members of TCP Deathsquad will be there. From what I gather a lot of AO'ers will be there. It'll be my second time there. Wasnt impressed when I went about five or six years ago. The field layout and everything like that was nice but the way they ran the field was lame. Some gay punch card for how many times you shot a ref, and on the third you were banned. :confused: I heard they've gotten better about their baby-ish rules. Where I play, refs know that getting shot is part of being a ref. In fact the owner says if a ref is in your way, shoot him and he'll move. Anywho... Hope to see some of you there.

StygShore
05-24-2007, 01:21 PM
As far as I know I, and many of the 100+ members of TCP Deathsquad will be there. From what I gather a lot of AO'ers will be there. It'll be my second time there. Wasnt impressed when I went about five or six years ago. The field layout and everything like that was nice but the way they ran the field was lame. Some gay punch card for how many times you shot a ref, and on the third you were banned. :confused: I heard they've gotten better about their baby-ish rules. Where I play, refs know that getting shot is part of being a ref. In fact the owner says if a ref is in your way, shoot him and he'll move. Anywho... Hope to see some of you there.

They still have the punch cards for field infractions - point blanking a ref, or telling him to F-off to his face will still warrant a punch. As will the random chrony checks they hit you with throughout the field. ( like imigration when that 4 wheeler shows up - everyone scatters to the woods )

There are less refs to manage to get in the way now, and they do walk on insertion for a lot of the game now because those military vehicles kept dying half way through the day. There is still a lot to be improved upon, but it's pretty much the only big game going in Michigan besides Global Conquest and Tippmann Challenge.

There also less players wince the FPO rules went into effect - I would put it at about 500 per team last year, and thats probably pretty generous - not sure where they got their numbers form or if they double dipped the attendance after lunch each day or what, but I KNOW there were not 3000+ people there last year, the camp sites wer enot even sold out!!!!

Styg

StygShore
05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Just a reminder - Last days for Pre-Registration are upon us - Save 10.00 off the registration and 8.00 off a case of paint by registering early.

http://www.hellsurvivors.com/MONSTER%20GAME/index.htm

thegrayghost
05-30-2007, 02:58 PM
yep, i will be going to my 4th year in a row to the "Monster Game" ...we have about 6-8 going from northern ohio, and i have 2 Canadian friends going who will be there at their campsite, look for their Canadian Flag...also i made a friend by helping him, when down in the woods in 2004...see him every year for some good friendship and paintballin, he is "Conan", a local legend...see you guys there...

i may be one of the oldest there in attendance (63), and hope to meet a friend who is a grandfather like myself (Martin), who should be 73 by now...good paintballin for super young to the super old, lololololo...

thegrayghost

StygShore
05-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Swing by the Lone Wolf Camp, usually rigth in the Middle of the upper site area. Ole Man Bruce, AKA "The General" is abotu your age and still slings paint better than most of the young guys - He'll be the little guy sipping out of his Marine shot glass :)

Styg

and Damn Canadians!!!

wyn1370
06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
anybody get their preregistration stuff in the mail yet?

Muzikman
06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
When is this? I don't play any more...but I might be up for a drive out to hang out. :)

wyn1370
06-21-2007, 01:28 PM
July 28-29
you know your always welcome :cheers:

paintman1234
06-21-2007, 02:46 PM
anyone going to global challenge saturday?

phat4life07
06-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Come by the following camp sites and just hang out!

#20/21 one of them... own by Dan Voils and all the AKA people
#3 Forgot who has that one but it's one of the AKA or AO guys

Hey Chris which one is yours again?

wyn1370
07-17-2007, 08:51 AM
week and a half to go
everybody get there registration stuff in the mail? (I did finally :clap: )

StygShore
07-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Got my registration, only pre purchased 1 case of paint though... should have bought 2, but didnt have the cashola at the time. ( its hard to find red breaking paint online too )

I do have your money though for the Data Drops.... a year later :)

What kinda toys are you bringing to shoot this time?

You are welcome to crash at one of our 2 sites I think turnout will be low again this year for us - nobody has the time and money anymore - Probably be between 6-10 of us this year. We should be smack dab in the middle on the back row again like we were last year.

Styg

Pha|anx
07-17-2007, 10:47 AM
I will be there. :cheers:

StygShore
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.hellsurvivors.com/PDF/monster&tipprules.pdf

WOOT!!! new officer age limit!!! you have to be 18+ to be a ranking officer this year, that will SOOOO help things out with organization, and make me not feel so bad for blasting one of our officers for being a douchebag :)

Styg

wyn1370
07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Got my registration, only pre purchased 1 case of paint though... should have bought 2, but didnt have the cashola at the time. ( its hard to find red breaking paint online too )

I do have your money though for the Data Drops.... a year later :)

What kinda toys are you bringing to shoot this time?

You are welcome to crash at one of our 2 sites I think turnout will be low again this year for us - nobody has the time and money anymore - Probably be between 6-10 of us this year. We should be smack dab in the middle on the back row again like we were last year.

Styg
I might have an extra case of pre-reg paint if you need it. I picked up three and still have one left from last year.

Hopefully data will actually show so I can give his leftover stock back to him. And you can just pay him directly (since I would have had to pass it along to him anyway).

Couple of 07 egos (one stock, one SL) are going to be in the rotation this year.

I'd love to camp out with you guys this year. I'll email you later to get more specifics.

StygShore
07-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I might have an extra case of pre-reg paint if you need it. I picked up three and still have one left from last year.

Hopefully data will actually show so I can give his leftover stock back to him. And you can just pay him directly (since I would have had to pass it along to him anyway).

Couple of 07 egos (one stock, one SL) are going to be in the rotation this year.

I'd love to camp out with you guys this year. I'll email you later to get more specifics.

Currently... that would require me to have more specifics :) We are simple foot soldiers, left in the dark until we get there and find out where camp is and who we have to shoot....

If you have an extra case, I'll buy it off of you - might be able to get through day 1 with a single case, but I usually need more paint near end of the day and deffinately by Sunday. So in order to make sure you dont run short, maybe I'll wait til Saturday night to see if you have paint to spare.

I'll have the Mini out there, and may or may not bring the Nightmare Xmag out for show.

I'll be travelling lighter than I ever have to the game this year - usually bring like 4 semi's and a pump or 2.

if Data doesnt want the leftovers, I still suggest you put them up for sale on AO for newer Flatline owners that dont know about them.

Styg

thegrayghost
07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Stygshore, would definatly like to meet you and your AO friends, also you mentioned on AKAers also....i have been taking pics for my scrapebook, for when i am ready for that wheelchair, i can look back and laugh about all the paintball magic/friends/...thegrayghost

StygShore
07-23-2007, 01:14 PM
5 days until MMG...

Charge your batteries, rotate your paint from last year, put a few drops of oil in the ASA....

Styg

ahellers
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Ill be there
t

StygShore
07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, survived another year of th eMonster game, not a damned of of you guys stopped by our lot to visit :)

Did any of you actually make it to the game?

I did run into Ydna out on the field by the castle and took a quick second to introduce myself.

Wyn1370 hung out with us and put some punishment on some poor guy in a ghille suit that was a horrible shot with me.

Styg

ahellers
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I was there, i only say maybe three mags out there. we were camping in lot 13 and 14, not too far from the entrence.

t

StygShore
07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
We were in 16 and 17.... on the back treeline, straight back from the road to get down to the staging area/vendors

We were the drunk obnoxious ones making all the noise til 2:30 or 3:00 am on Friday night :)

Styg

ahellers
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
yeah then im pretty sure i we heard you, there were a buch of old guys between me and you i think.

t

StygShore
07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Hehe the bunch of old guys was with me :) the group we had this year ranged from like 23-65 yrs old

We were the lot with the big shiny new Black Hummer parked in it.

Styg

ahellers
07-30-2007, 07:34 PM
ok i was the guy vomiting water on the second day behind our trailer..... people my or may not have seen that. I did like the looks of a few of the taxi drivers by the way :cool:
t

StygShore
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
ok i was the guy vomiting water on the second day behind our trailer..... people my or may not have seen that. I did like the looks of a few of the taxi drivers by the way :cool:
t

I remember one of our guys walkign up from VIP mentioning that, but why were you vomitting water? I know the guy rigth accross from us was doing the deathdrip on the bed of his truck and tossing his cookies on Sunday mornign just after game start.

Styg

ahellers
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I remember one of our guys walkign up from VIP mentioning that, but why were you vomitting water? I know the guy rigth accross from us was doing the deathdrip on the bed of his truck and tossing his cookies on Sunday mornign just after game start.

Styg

I came out from playing only to find out we only had another 5min to insert, so i decided what the hell and sucked it up. after that i drank about a half gallon at once, then shortly after wasted a half gallon of water and had to start over again :(

edit: oh and a notible quote from the weekend-

"wow nice gun, is that a shocker?" "...no" "oh, is it a mini?" "...no, its an automag" "oh is it an Emag?" "...no" :tard:

t

thegrayghost
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
i couldn't find the AKA'S, but was sent down to 3-4 site...an AKAer said he found no AO'er's...i was right across from Conans site at the entrance....anyway had a great time as usual....maybe next year to meet AO'ers...my buddy i came with "dragon" was 1 of the yellow team Generals, sat only...he was the guy wearing the "black kilt"...see you guys next year........

thegrayghost