PDA

View Full Version : will the quick release on valve fit remote?

regal1975
05-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I recently played a scenario with a LAW rocket on a remote line. I had a great time, but carrying around a rocket launcher, tank, pod pack and a full size marker, hopper, and 88/4500 tank as well was a bit much, so I want to try something else out.

I usually have support when I have the launcher on me, but occasionally I do need a marker as well and I noticed that many Mags list having a quick release on the valve. My idea was to get a minimag and small 45rd hopper and if the need to fire paintballs shows up, disconnect my remote tank from the launcher and connect it to the mag. My remote is set up to feed a regulated 400ish psi CO2 (adjustable to a certain extent). Would this work?

Thanks!

mostpeople
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
from what I understand, no.

Valves do not specifically come with quick release nipples, you can put that on any valve yourself.

Here is what I would do, if I were you:

Get the 88/4500 (Or a bigger tank if you can), and put the remote w/slide check on that.

Get a small mag, with a small hopper, shorty barrel etc, with a bottomline into an ASA. Most remotes that have slide-checks come with an ASA to remote nipple adapter. Screw that in and use it that way. Then you can switch between your launcher and your mag easily. (I did this at SPPL)

regal1975
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
from what I understand, no.

Valves do not specifically come with quick release nipples, you can put that on any valve yourself.

Here is what I would do, if I were you:

Get the 88/4500 (Or a bigger tank if you can), and put the remote w/slide check on that.

Get a small mag, with a small hopper, shorty barrel etc, with a bottomline into an ASA. Most remotes that have slide-checks come with an ASA to remote nipple adapter. Screw that in and use it that way. Then you can switch between your launcher and your mag easily. (I did this at SPPL)

So far the 20 oz co2 i think will cut it.. id run the 88/4500 but i cant find a pod pack which can hold a tank that large... I figured it would be lighter (and fewer hoses to catch) to run direct to the valve, since the mag will be a secondary weapon honestly.. Otherwise you nailed what I want. I figured i would run a 45rd hopper as well..

georgeyew
05-08-2007, 08:25 AM
regal, you can run the remote directly to the quick disconnect nipple on the valve (if it is the stock Minimag braided hose with the disconnect). That is how I have my 2 mags connected. I rotated the male disconnect fitting so that it is pointing to the back of the marker and that allows me to run my remote line directly to it without extra airlines on the marker. If you are using CO2, the remote line should give the liquid enough room to expand. Two thing to look out for: check to make sure that the female disconnect from the remote line locks in tightly to the male portion on the valve (I've had ones that do not match up properly) and if you are going to switch from the launcher to the mag, it might be a good idea to have a slide check on the remote (as the previous poster said) so you don't have to depressurize the line every time. I can take some photos of my mag for reference if you need it.

commrad
05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
First off, 400 psi is a little on the low side for a Amg imo

Second, just me personally, I would use a high pressure output tank with the remote, intesd of screwing the remote line into that I would put a T-block in it (2 out puts), run one line to the gun (with a QD and slide check of course), I would then put in the reg on the second port with a slide check behind it and a QD at the end that attaches to the launcher.

Redz makes a 6+1 that will hold up to a 90ci easy, three vertical tubes on each side and a huge tank compartment in the midle, it swallows my 72 with room to spare and has a small pocket on the right side of the belt, I love mine, it comes with a NICE removable and adjustable back pad, kinda has lumbar support.

Redz pack (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=MTXc_R-4EwTc4ln4u6UcVRUe-H-cyZ4JMuA=?ProductID=Y72sFAY7%2ewgAAAD3jHGlA_2y)

regal1975
05-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Fantastic, Ive got a slide check remote line, so that will work out well. And if I go ahead and get the redz pod pack, i can fit the 88ci tank. Only problem will be that ill need to move the launcher's reg from the tank to the launcher itself. Or mod the launcher to hold that kind of pressure... which would likely be harder..and potentially explosive..

If i ran a T that would add more mass and more things to get tangled.. I wont ever need to use both at the same time so I think I will just stick to moving it around...

now when you say 400 is on the low side, do you mean i will have problems getting up to 280-300fps or i will have serious drop off? I plan on firing this marker relatively slowly.... i will be using a 45rd non-agitated hopper after all.. so if i can pull off 5-6bps at 280-300fps i will be golden... or will bumping it up to 450ish be better? all of the parts on the launcher are rated to 600+, but im pushing the limits on velocity as it is...

Walrus
05-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Why don't you just put an inline (or other variation) PPS Stabilizer on the LAW with a male QD nipple on it. Adjust the Stabilizer to run around 400 psi and then you don't have to regulate your remote setup. Using the slide check on your remote to stop the airflow in the line will work great and then all you have to do is disconnect it from the LAW/Stabilizer and connect it to the Mag via the male QD nipple on the side of your valve. Seems simple enough and allows the use of one HP air source for both. You really need 700 PSI or above for the Mag to operate properly. I have seen quite a few that need 800 PSI just to operate!