PDA

View Full Version : Pro Classic ..help / advice needed

Dubaimag
05-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Hi all,
I'm living in Dubai (English expat) and starting over with paintball ..not played much since I left the UK 10 years ago ..got a really old level 7 mag which works just fine, however I'm about to place an order for a new Pro classic, with UlE C/F body, level 10 bolt, No ASA (as will run on Co2 remote (Air not available here due to local laws !)..
Before I order I want to clear up if the ULT on/off will work with this marker ..seem to be finding conflicting reports elsewhere ..any drawbacks / benefits or what ??

Advice gratefully recieved...

Thanx in advance

Walrus
05-08-2007, 09:31 AM
The ULT is not recommended with the Classic valve. It can be made to work, but the results may not be desirable due to the side effects. You will get a softer trigger pull, but shoot down is more prone to occur as well as short-stroking/chuffing. If you are looking for a lighter trigger pull, please either look into a sear mod (http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0015.htm) or a RT on/off (the stock on/off used in the X-Valves).

Just an FYI, the Pro-classic will be almost identical to what you already have (if you still have it). All you will need to do to upgrade your existing setup is to get a ULE body and a level10 kit. These should all retro-fit to your existing level7 Mag.

Dubaimag
05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
The ULT is not recommended with the Classic valve. It can be made to work, but the results may not be desirable due to the side effects. You will get a softer trigger pull, but shoot down is more prone to occur as well as short-stroking/chuffing. If you are looking for a lighter trigger pull, please either look into a sear mod (http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0015.htm) or a RT on/off (the stock on/off used in the X-Valves).

Just an FYI, the Pro-classic will be almost identical to what you already have (if you still have it). All you will need to do to upgrade your existing setup is to get a ULE body and a level10 kit. These should all retro-fit to your existing level7 Mag.

Hey ..thanks for the info .. Think I'll just keep things as they are ... Paintball here is far from advanced so dont need anything superfast .. I've checked out the sear mod / Rt on/off .. and just for a lighter trigger pull, hardley seems worthwhile ..

I was kinda hoping this new marker would be very like my old level 7 .. old faithfull ..!!
Just fancied getting a nice new one..

Walrus
05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Please do what you want when it comes to purcahsing a new marker. I just didn't want you to be disappointed if you ordered it and then it shows up and is just like yours with the exception of a new body and level10. There are some advantages to getting a new one though. For one, if your old valve is an 68Automag valve instead of the Automag Classic, then there may be some of a benefit. Some of the early 68Automag valves had the issue with shoot down because the air passage between the charger (back) and the front of the valve were misaligned. The newer valves do not have this issue and work great.

The benefit of a new gun is that if you want the new body, lvl10, and a new trigger frame (intelliframe) then you would be better off buying the whole gun rather than upgrading your old one. I will admit that the level10 and an intelliframe are the best upgrades with the ULE body coming in just behind them!