PDA

View Full Version : Tom, next step in Mag cosmetics?

Griffin
01-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Tom,

I recently watched your tour on a website and saw that you were very intrested in geology. The beauty of the rocks and their natural colors is amazing to even a person not intrested in geology. I have heard around AO and my friends that you don't want to bring the "BS" of colors and prints to your mags, but I was wondering if you saw in the future mags being released in less basic colors (grey, black). I know you can get your gun powerdercoated and such, but there is nothing better than buying a gun with a print on it or color. I am not going to bring myself to buy a Spyder just because it is pretty. So if you do read this, just respond with what you belive to be the next step for Mags and cosmetics. Thanks!

-Grffin

AGD
01-06-2002, 10:56 PM
Griffin,

I like the name by the way, the Griffin was the first ship to ever sink on Lake Michigan and has never been found.

It is absolutely not true that I don't want to have nice colors for the Mag line. My direction is that we can have ANY color except black or gray!

Aluminum bodied regular Mags are in proto now and should be out within the next 3-6 months.

We are doing design contests here specially for your input into what looks good, colors are a major part of that.

AGD

Griffin
01-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Wow, it still amazes me that you actually answer me. I'm glad to hear that the mag will not forever be grey and black. Thanks Tom!

-Griffin

DiRTyBuNNy
01-07-2002, 12:00 AM
I like my minimag black and grey..until of course i get her back from SiN and she'll be all black with blue faded hotrod flames..but oh well...she was black and grey once...hehehehehe..

FooTemps
01-07-2002, 02:40 AM
I really dislike the black and grey right now. It's far to plain for me even. I agree tha AGD need to start workin on style.

irbodden
01-07-2002, 06:28 AM
I enjoy the grey 'Mags because mine is a black-blue fade one. :D I had a field owner and his buddies go "holy [you get the idea] is that a Mag?" When they saw the powdercoating, and these guys shoot primarily Dark Angels. The owner is the guy who owns AirAmerica BTW. As long as powdercoating doesn't go mainstream, I have unique 'Mag. :D :D :cool:

Rynoboy06
01-07-2002, 07:30 AM
I have to say that, while new color is always fun and stylish, I'm a big fan of the simplicity of darker grays and black. I think dave's two-color concept done with matte gray recesses and black gloss ridges would be awesome. But then, gray recesses and gloss blue, orange, grees, etc. would be also very nice. I'm more worried about getting good milling, It's easy to slap a good color on it once the milling is there.

manike
01-07-2002, 07:37 AM
For Dave's design I'm thinking mill it and polish it so it's smooth, then mask off the areas and bead blast them to get the mat effect and then a gloss black anno would just be absolutely stunning... Ohh I want!

manike