PDA

View Full Version : AO UTAH Alpine and Below Thread

matteusz
05-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey All,
I am moving to Alpine later this summer and wondering who else is in the area. I hear there are games up Provo Canyon!? Anyone know where exactly? Does everyone provide their own air/ CO2 or does someone bring a fill station? Fill me in and I will join you/ help organize an AO day later this year.
Mat

manwe33
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey All,
I am moving to Alpine later this summer and wondering who else is in the area. I hear there are games up Provo Canyon!? Anyone know where exactly? Does everyone provide their own air/ CO2 or does someone bring a fill station? Fill me in and I will join you/ help organize an AO day later this year.
Mat
Provo canyon
I bring my scuba and a few other guys do also. Me and my friends noramly play for a good 8 hours on sat. People come and go as they want. There is also speed Ball at the provo Airport. Just a pick up feild. bring your own paint and air. 25 mins from Alpine
speed ball leagues in SLC 25 Mins from Alpine.
Woods ball in Sf 30 mins from alpine
woods ball in Lehi 15 mins from Alpine
Provo cayon or Sqaw peak as they call it. Is about 20 Mins from Alpine.
There are some Scenario Games in Logan and North Layton.

http://www.paradoxgames.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=1

Also i hear huge sat games out in tooele I hear about 80 people a week show up. Never been.

Well that is the low down of what i know. There is a Paintball store about 10 mins from Alpine in American Fork.
U pick a good area for paintball i believe. Good to have more AOers in Utah.

jhyanathan
05-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I like the Airport field for speedball.

Squaw Peak (provo canyon) is kinda speedball with trees, not truly woodsball.

Further south in Payson you can play up the canyon at a place called beercan flats, pretty fun place, more woodsball than Squaw.

Feel free to email me when you get to town if you want me to show you a couple places, I work and live in Provo (work at BYU).

[email protected]

bryceeden
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Its a ways from Provo, but there's some of us down(or over really) in Vernal, we have a game every second and fourth Saturday that we just meet at my shop and then go play. For an AO day Aliens in the Rockies up in Logan is probably the best bet( I know Allen real well and could maybe get us a special rate if there is enough intrest) but there are afew other options. I run a tourney circuit in Vernal and may do some scenarios but the scenarios are still on the drawing board and may or may not happen. I'm doing a big tourney on Aug 17-18 for the Uintah county fair, its not part of my normal circuit but it'll be cool, an AO team would be awsome to see if there are enough members in Utah to pull it off. Sweet, well if any of ya'll are going to be in the Vernal area give my a call at (435)828-3300 and ask for Bryce. Also Matteusz I'd be glad to help put together an AO day, call me if you have any questons or anything.

matteusz
05-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Its a ways from Provo, but there's some of us down(or over really) in Vernal, we have a game every second and fourth Saturday that we just meet at my shop and then go play. For an AO day Aliens in the Rockies up in Logan is probably the best bet( I know Allen real well and could maybe get us a special rate if there is enough intrest) but there are afew other options. I run a tourney circuit in Vernal and may do some scenarios but the scenarios are still on the drawing board and may or may not happen. I'm doing a big tourney on Aug 17-18 for the Uintah county fair, its not part of my normal circuit but it'll be cool, an AO team would be awsome to see if there are enough members in Utah to pull it off. Sweet, well if any of ya'll are going to be in the Vernal area give my a call at (435)828-3300 and ask for Bryce. Also Matteusz I'd be glad to help put together an AO day, call me if you have any questons or anything.

Hey thanks for all the responses. Sounds like I definately picked the right place for paintball. A team would be a blast (although I would hate to show up with mags and get hammered so we would have to practice). I am now stoked to find a job and get myself there asap. Paintball has all but died out here in Manhattan, KS. Heck I am going so stir crazy I signed up for the Geister Jagers for D-Day so I would have something to train for / a chance to play. Anyone else around?

Who is up for the tourney? Or just a tourney?

bryceeden
05-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Mags do fine at my tourneys, actually a fair number of teams use A-5's and such. If an AO team gets put together I'll give ya'll a killer deal on Jerseys, custom made if you'd like.

Also I have a possible AO day if people don't mind travel to Vernal. I'm doing a scenario game in July in a local school thats being torn down, I'll do free entry and discounts on paint if people are interested in it. Just an idea. Let me know.

matteusz
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Mags do fine at my tourneys, actually a fair number of teams use A-5's and such. If an AO team gets put together I'll give ya'll a killer deal on Jerseys, custom made if you'd like.

Also I have a possible AO day if people don't mind travel to Vernal. I'm doing a scenario game in July in a local school thats being torn down, I'll do free entry and discounts on paint if people are interested in it. Just an idea. Let me know.

Not worried about the guns so much as the team's ability. Who worries about their mag?

I think I would be down with traveling for a scenerio in an old school. That sounds like a blast. I will keep you posted on when I am coming to town. Anyone else interested?

bryceeden
05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Truthfully it might be easier to find people for an AO tourney team with a thread in the paintball talk forum for that porpouse(sp). If you can get an AO team together for the tourney on August 17 and 18, I'll do a small unofficial sponsorship for them with discounted paint and jerseys or whatever, I'd love to see an AO team come out.

Desega
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I finnally made it! Sorry for the delayed response, but bryceeden and I share a computer (and a house, and a shop) and our home computer won't log him out. I'm posting from the college, so here it is. Utah is by far one of the best places to play. Down here in Vernal, we have our tournaments that our shop runs, as well as weekend games every month. Check out our websites calander at Vernal Paintball (http://www.vernalpaintball.com)

bryceeden
06-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Any word on a possible AOUT day? Also I am holding a scenario on June 7 PM me for details.

matteusz
07-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Looking for players for the 17 -18 tourney in Vernal.

KKPASA
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. I really wish I could make it out there for the tourney. I already have other plans. Keep this thread going and maybe next time I'll be able to go. There's a couple of indoor places in Salt Lake that you could try out if you wanted. PM me and I can get some friends together and make a day of it.

Danterwhoo
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Ohh why o why did I have to move from Utah to Philly. Out here I'm always paying to play while my bro in law and dad make a trip to tooele every weekend and play for free with tons of people. I can't pay people to come play a local game here in the woods and I even have equipment for them :mad: !!! Ohh Utah is the Zion of paintball.......I hate having known that I squandered my time while I was there!!! Not taking my opportunities to play. :cry:

riceboi
02-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Ohh why o why did I have to move from Utah to Philly. Out here I'm always paying to play while my bro in law and dad make a trip to tooele every weekend and play for free with tons of people. I can't pay people to come play a local game here in the woods and I even have equipment for them :mad: !!! Ohh Utah is the Zion of paintball.......I hate having known that I squandered my time while I was there!!! Not taking my opportunities to play. :cry:well bauer in tooele no longer there they bring it down and now i'm looking for a new place to play on weeken any help?

KKPASA
03-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Pegleg just opened an outdoor field in Ogden.
I haven't seen it yet. It supposed to be huge.
They have five "just pump and mech" games planned and two are tourneys.

riceboi
03-14-2008, 05:56 AM
i was there on open day it ok.

KKPASA
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I went to Pegleg's outdoor field yesterday with some friends and it was great.
Everyone was having fun and a great attitudes. No wipers or whiners.
I even saw another AOer there but I don't remember his name.

riceboi
03-24-2008, 07:35 AM
bad ***, we need set some thing up this summer. they going have track running up there this summer so i be going up there alot more.

matteusz
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Headed to the last tourney of the season in Vernal this weekend. Where have you all been playing?