PDA

View Full Version : Predator Morlock in a Viking

zackzel
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I am going to install an 07 predator morlock in my viking. This is going to be my first attempt at a predator board install so I am just looking at general advice on things to do and things not to do, and maybe some suggested settings. The only thing I can pretty much tell from the instructions is what wire plugs in where on the board.

Any help is appreciated :cheers:

BigEvil
05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Wiring isnt tough. Mounting the board so you see the flashing LED is.

2 wires for the Solenoid (Polarity Irrelevant)
2 wires for the battery, in series with the on/off switch
2 wires for the trigger
Eye Emitter and Detector as per instructions.

The only thing I am not sure of, is the exact wiring on the stock eye components IF you are keeping your stock eye harness. If not, use the one that comes with the Morlock if they fit.

For settings, start your ROF at 15, mode at Semi, and Dwell at 14 to make sure you have it working. On all of the Angels I have done, they all were 14 ms and worked fine. The Vike is similar so its a good guesstimate.

Once you get it going, take it from there.

zackzel
05-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Sounds good, I have to run to work, I am going to give her a go when I get home though :cheers:

zackzel
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
How do you hook the eyes up to the wires that come from the board?

BigEvil
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
How do you hook the eyes up to the wires that come from the board?

There should be detailed instructions that came with the Morlock. There is an emmitter, and a detector. The last one I did a while ago.. the detector was dark and the emiitter was clear. It showed in the instructions which leg of each gets soldered to which wire. You will need to soldier and cover them with heat shrik, trim the legs, and maybe bend them (the metal legs) depending on what gun they are being used for.

zackzel
05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
It did come with instructions, it just didn't tell me I needed to solder the wires, thats what I wanted to know.

manwe33
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Let me know how it goes. I have been thinking about doing this to my viking.

BigEvil
05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
It did come with instructions, it just didn't tell me I needed to solder the wires, thats what I wanted to know.

If you need help with it let me know. My rates are reasonable.. like g7-ish per hour :-)

zackzel
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
If you need help with it let me know. My rates are reasonable.. like g7-ish per hour :-)

I may need help, my soldering skills suck. I just gave her a go and I can't get the eyes to work. Everything else is working but the eyes, board works, noid and trigger are working, just no eyes. So I don't know what to do at this point.

G7 is still sitting here saying your name, I can here it in my closet "BigEvil please buy me"