PDA

View Full Version : e-mag bolt stick

quasimorte
05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
i have an all black e-mag. x-valve, lvl10. 82/4500 with a flatline adjustable reg. using carrier with one line and two shims. have the gold spring in. reg is set at 800PSI
in mech mode, it will fire about 2-3 times then stick. if i pull the trigger fully it will reset and fire again for 2-3 times. the bolt does not sit very far forward, i can't see it down the feed neck.
in e-mode, every other shot the bolt will stick. It sits further forward into the feed neck and must be manually reset to fire again.
in both modes, there is a slight hiss when the bolt should reset, it only lasts a second or less.
I have
1. used the red spring
2. used the next largest carrier, leaks down barrel
3. re-lubed and replaced all o-rings.
4. adjusted both the reg pressure and the valve velocity to no avail.
the marker and lvl10 was tuned a little less than a year ago by tunaman. I have kept it oiled and maintained until about October of last year. I stopped playing until about two weeks ago, at which point i re oiled and re-o-ringed the whole gun. this problem occurred as soon as i gassed up the gun and i have yet to figure out how to fix it. any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

thanks
quasi

flyboy
05-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Have you tried turning up the velocity?

quasimorte
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
see #4

Walrus
05-10-2007, 11:02 AM
What body do you have? If you have a ULE or similar body with screw in ball detents make sure that they are not screwed in too far as this would cause the bolt to stick forward or to not go fully forward. Also, if everything is okay and it just chuffs like the level 10 pinches a ball, then try either loosening or tightening the fieldstrip screw. You may need to use a 1/8" allen wrench for this. Sometimes the valve doesn't align perfectly with the body as a result of either the screw holding the body being to tight or too loose and the same with the field strip screw. Both should have the same amount of torque applied so they will be equal on the gun.

First loosen the screw that holds the body. Then tighten it down until it is snug and then give just a little extra to hold it in. Then do the same with the fieldstrip screw. the right combination may fix it for you.

athomas
05-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Remove both shims when adjusting the level 10. Use the next larger carrier than you are using. I know you stated that it leaked when the next larger carrier was used, but you didn't indicate that you removed the shims. Shims could make it leak with the larger carrier when it normally wouldn't.

flyingpootang
05-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't use a regulator. Xvalves operate at 850 psi and above. Try using the short gold spring instead or turn your velocity up if you want to use the red spring, but it might be difficult to chrono under 295 fps. The spring lengths and velocity adjustments work together. The longer the spring the more velocity you need to unseat the bolt which will give you the better anti-chop. The shorter spring the less velocity to unseat the bolt, but it will lessen the anti-chop of the bolt.

Brittle paint = longer spring.
Standard paint = shoter spring