PDA

View Full Version : Ao South

Pages : [1] 2

kruger
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
OK, got to checking and did a few inquiries, and I have decided that if there is enough interest, then I will host an AO day at my field. Calling it AO South. The date that has been chosen is 3 NOV. Thats a Saturday. My field is, and always has been a BYOP field, not gonna change it for this game. Normal field fees are $10, and all day air is $10. Same prices for this event. So, for 20 bucks you can play till you throw up.

My web address is: www.scenariopaintballgamesga.com

The pics are old, and the map is out of date, but I dont keep up the website, that is another guys dept. But, you will get the gist of the field. More has been added since the map was put up. There is a little facility called "the house of pain" that is not on the map.

My field is locaed at 709 Livingston Rd, Rome, GA. 30161

Its about an hour north of Atlanta.

The Normal field open play day is on Sunday, but if this game is run, then, it will be an open day for all. The purpose of this event is to allow the AO'rs to meet and shoot each other. Both with paint and with the bull, show off your mags and to impress each other with your stalking skills.

My field is a woodsball/scenario field. We do have a hyperball field, and incorporate it into the woodsball games so that those with the tendancy towards the speedball side of the game can just paint the world up blue and yellow :D

Thats all for now, more as it comes up.

If interested in this, then post up so I can judge if this is worthwhile or not.

Rome area Hotel/Motel

http://www.ihsadvantage.com/h/hotels/Rome/GA/United_States/?geoMiles=15&arrivalMonth=5&showAvailWithList=false&adults=2&pfs=453&arrivalDay=30&isGeoSearch=true&trafficID=338410597&nights=2

More will be posted later.

Update. We will be meeting here at Buffalo's Wings in Rome, GA.
Google map for you:

Here is where the Buffalo's in Rome is located. It will be at pin "A". Ignore all the other pins, I aint got a clue as to why they are on there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...tate1=saveplace

Will meet at 8 PM or so. This will give folks time to get settled in.

kruger
05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
This is a list of the people that have said that they are gonna be there:

Mann and wife :rolleyes:
Punkncat
Empyreal Rogue
Mostpeople
Siress
Going Home and friends
Swamphawk7
Dizzle
Skeeter ( and numerous friends from PB Charleston)
ShotOnSight
Manicmechanic
Nu Metal
JH
Kid Sisco
Thotograph and friend
RB211
Bread Da Painter - 3XL shirt, Hat
PBChappy
Warwitch
dizzle +1
mag79 +5
TnDeathInc.- 1 2XL, 1 Med

Rudz
05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
u should invite TAG...

mag_lover05
05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
why does everyone in those pics have SP guns, i saw a couple shockers and like a bajillion impy's

punkncat
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Its a bit early for me to commit to that, but I have been meaning to make it down to check your place out.
Keep us posted on the status of this game.

Also has a lot to do with when they schedule the cold weather MOUT game.

kruger
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
To be honest, there are only four regulars that have mags at my field, an, as I said, the pics are old. The team has turned over a lot since those pics were taken. The pic of me has me holding a first gen. Nasty Shocker. Nice looking gun, but a piece of crap.

As for TAG, do you really want him in with a bunch of Maggers? That would be entertaining :rolleyes:

mag_lover05
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
if TAG went he might come out AGT

:headbang:

zazzoo
05-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Sounds interesting I guess i could make that drive

etjoyride
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
looks like fun, might be able to make it up there depending on what's going on with school and my money situation...

Cow123
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I could probably make it.

I wonder why I've never heard of your field before.... And why are you only open on sundays?

wjr
05-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm up for going I guess. I'm on the NC/SC border. I'm not really sure how long the drive will be.

I'll know for sure when it gets closer to that time.

And sort of on the same topic...

Will there be an Automag team at the OGD? It's only 2 months away (july 6th and 7th), and will be at Paintball Central in Charlotte NC.

MANN
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Im down for sure. Just lmk when/where. :cheers:

going_home
05-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm in.
Got any links for hotels ?
Let me see I'm in the Tampa area and can fit 4 comfortably in my car counting myself.
Its got a big trunk.
Lets get some other central Florida peeps to chime out now.

Warwitch
05-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Not far for me. Count me in :headbang: Comming from Ft. Myers area (sw Fla.)

Empyreal Rogue
05-10-2007, 08:40 AM
It's semi far for me, but hell I don't care- I'd go. Especially if we can muster up a big turnout like Tunaball. :D

going_home
05-10-2007, 05:32 PM
why does everyone in those pics have SP guns, i saw a couple shockers and like a bajillion impy's

Its not about mags really. Its about AO.
I saw every marker known to man in the Tunaball pics.
Just show up with whatever you got. If you got a mag bring it.

Lets make this a sucess and an annual AO happening.

kruger
05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
It really is going to be about the AO'ers. The mags are just the icing on the cake. I love mags, the quality that they represent, the simplicity, and the modular aspect of them. They are not the only guns that I own, tho. I enjoy the paintball. The giddiness that I feel when I play, the people that I play with, and the lies that we tell after the game is over. For me, there are two sides to paintball. The personal side and the social side. The personal side is my efforts to out think you on the field. That is what gets my blood moving, the strategy, the application of teamwork, the thrill of victory, and the purposless of the whole thing. There is no point to paintball, and that is the whole point of it. I am hunting something that is hunting me back, and there is no reason for it. The social side is being able to get together with like minded people and playing a kids game, that we all understand has no purpose other than playing it for the fun of it. And, having an AO day only provides another reason to spend more time doing pointless, chilish, activities. But, it also adds another aspect to it, and that is our "love" , for lack of a better term, for the automag, and what we see as a membership in an exlcusive club of owners.

Other than all that trash that I just spouted, there is no reason to attend, or even have this event. You could just as easily go to the local field and sling paint at any target of opportunity. :D

mostpeople
05-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Im a Daytona Baller, and this is like a 6 hour drive only - so count me in.

Hotels?

kruger
05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Hotel/Motel search posted in first post.

TnDeathInc
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
im game im in Nashville, keep this going so i can remember, i have mag too - bonus!

PBChappy
05-11-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm in columbia SC so i going to be there for sure

LegumeOfTerror
05-12-2007, 11:17 AM
id like to do this, ill have to wait till closer to the date to confirm though.

going_home
05-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Kruger your website says you sell paint.
Should we bring our own or just get it from you ?
I'd prefer not hauling it from Florida but I'll do whatever I need to.
I usually use the least expensive, or one step up from generic white box.
I just dont like Big Ball at all, it bounces and doesnt break.
Also do you fill to 4500 (I hope, I hope) ?

zazzoo
05-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Hmm I see someone is excited about Ao south :cool:

mag_lover05
05-12-2007, 12:18 PM
you have good paint prices... i wish the fields around here were that cheap

rb211
05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Count me in, and I'll probably drag BREAD_DA_PAINTER up with me (don't hold that against me guys, I just need a good moving target to spray... :D )

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Count me in, and I'll probably drag BREAD_DA_PAINTER up with me (don't hold that against me guys, I just need a good moving target to spray... :D )

Ill be there.... ^^^^^^ he sold his mags and has some trashy impys.... I cant wait to shoot him more......lol.....

rb211
05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Wrong answer bread, I still have a mag, and will enjoy shooting you with all 3 of my guns!!! :shooting:

kruger
05-12-2007, 03:14 PM

Yes, we do sell paint, usually Xball Bronze or equivalent. But, as stated, we are a BYOP field. If you buy our paint, then we dont try to rape your pocketbook, we sell it a reasonable prices. We also usually try to carry two grades of paint, field grade for rentals, and a mid grade paint for everybody that cares about what they shoot. I have really had some good luck with the Xball Bronze. It shoots at what you aim at, it busts on target. That is all you can really ask of a paint. And, we dont care for Big Ball paint either. We try to keep decent paint at the field. We are all players, and we tend to look at things from the players point of view, so if the paint is crap, then there is no fun to be had. And, we do fill to 4500, and CO2 also.

Just a little background info for you guys. The field is run by me and my partners, and there are six of us. We are all on the same Scenario team. We started this field with the understanding that we would run the field like we would enjoy "playing the field". The only thing that we are anal about is the safety rules. We enforce the safety rules, and can get quite persistent about it. Other than that, we pretty much let the group decide what would be the most fun. Sure, we have some games and ideas if nobody has any preference about what to play, but, we do try to cater to the crowd.

MANN
05-12-2007, 03:27 PM
im game im in Nashville, keep this going so i can remember, i have mag too - bonus!

Get in touch with me closer to the event. Im in knoxville, and we can get a car pool going.

cyberave68
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Sure now theres a big AO south gathering???? Just as i am moving north soon. :cry:
Almost makes me wish my house doesnt sell right away.... :ninja:

CKY_Alliance
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
I know this will dissapoint a lot of people, but I don't think I will make it. :rolleyes:

Anyone know how long of a drive it is from Charleston SC? I don't wanna look it up..if it's under 2 hours I might come.

Rudz
05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
how for is the field from dalton georgia?, ill go if everyone agrees to come with me to picket outside of TAGs offices..ill bring beer.. :cheers:

http://members.lycos.nl/dodge/rebel_flag.jpg

GIT ER DONE!!!!!

MANN
05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
how for is the field from dalton georgia?, ill go if everyone agrees to come with me to picket outside of TAGs offices..ill bring beer.. :cheers:

If thats what it takes get a plane ticket. Im always down for paintball and beer. :headbang:

Rudz
05-13-2007, 08:30 AM
If thats what it takes get a plane ticket. Im always down for paintball and beer. :headbang:

ok but u have to all agree to picket outside the offices with me, mob mentality.. no we cant burn it down..they might get upset..

kruger
05-13-2007, 08:31 AM

http://members.lycos.nl/dodge/rebel_flag.jpg

GIT ER DONE!!!!!

Were are about 45 min. from Dalton. I like Molsom's Golden Ale :D

kruger
05-13-2007, 08:33 AM
I know this will dissapoint a lot of people, but I don't think I will make it. :rolleyes:

Anyone know how long of a drive it is from Charleston SC? I don't wanna look it up..if it's under 2 hours I might come.

Sorry, but its abit more than 2 hours :(

Rudz
05-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Were are about 45 min. from Dalton. I like Molsom's Golden Ale :D

grab ur picketing signs boys, were are going to dalton, and in all seriousness, i will drag all ur butts to dalton with me.. :shooting:

BigEvil
05-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Oh god, Im going to have to come to see this now arent I?

A-Tach-One
05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh god, Im going to have to come to see this now arent I?
And you can pick up your predator board you just bought from them. :)

BigEvil
05-13-2007, 10:28 AM
And you can pick up your predator board you just bought from them. :)

And t-shirt...

But at least my mommy didnt get it for me. :tard:

A-Tach-One
05-13-2007, 10:30 AM
And t-shirt...

But at least my mommy didnt get it for me. :tard:
t-shirt? Not sure you could handle that man, lots of pressure to Be The Hunter! :p

Rudz
05-13-2007, 11:52 AM
You may be the hunter, but I'm the predator that hunts the hunters and makes em piss themselves....

A-Tach-One
05-13-2007, 12:35 PM
You may be the hunter, but I'm the predator that hunts the hunters and makes em piss themselves....
I almost pissed myself from laughter after meeting you! :rofl: :p

Hope you guys get this together, you should have a blast! :cheers:

Rudz
05-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Well eric when I first met u all I thought was....whose this meathead talking to?

Lol jk

Btw someone needs to post the angry mob pik from beo....its a preminition....

ShotOnSight
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
I think rome is around 3 hours for me, anyone know a general estimate from Hilton Head island to rome ?

I would love to come if rudz does not attempt to impale me on a lance an use me as a tag metaphor :rofl:

going_home
05-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I think rome is around 3 hours for me, anyone know a general estimate from Hilton Head island to rome ?

I would love to come if rudz does not attempt to impale me on a lance an use me as a tag metaphor :rofl:

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&q2=Hilton+Head+south+carolina&q1=rome+georgia&trf=0&lon=-82.963257&lat=33.445193&mag=11

Almost 9 hours for me so your trip isnt bad.

ShotOnSight
05-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the guesstimate, I was mapquesting it but you posted first :ninja:

MANN
05-13-2007, 09:16 PM
ok but u have to all agree to picket outside the offices with me, mob mentality.. no we cant burn it down..they might get upset..

If you make it we/I will picket. Heck we can camp outside his office, and meet him monday morning if you want.

MANN
05-13-2007, 09:19 PM
ShotOnSight

where do you play in HH (I think I already asked, but dont remember)? Im looking for a game on the 27th at or near HH.

LinearGoose
05-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Well if anyone is going from teh TX area let me know because I might be down to go.

ShotOnSight
05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
ShotOnSight

where do you play in HH (I think I already asked, but dont remember)? Im looking for a game on the 27th at or near HH.

The local field closed down about a year ago so whenever I play I usually go to paintball charleston, but its an hour and a half up the coast.

That or theres supposedly a nice field just north of savahnah in guyton, about 30 min away ... havent been there yet though so I couldnt tell you anything past that.

kruger
05-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey, Shot on site, if you are that close to Savannah, then why dont you go to Low Country? It is a great place to play. I went to the first Free Finalie that they had. Killer time. You havent lived until you have a firefight in the Palmetto plants.

mostpeople
05-14-2007, 10:30 PM
well mapquest found it so nvm

ShotOnSight
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Hey, Shot on site, if you are that close to Savannah, then why dont you go to Low Country? It is a great place to play. I went to the first Free Finalie that they had. Killer time. You havent lived until you have a firefight in the Palmetto plants.

Wheres lowcountry at ? Ive heard good things about it but never found out precisley where it was...

Tac-OneFun
05-15-2007, 10:34 AM

charleston sounds closer than a lot of the other people who said they are going to come from FL.....

kruger
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Wheres lowcountry at ? Ive heard good things about it but never found out precisley where it was...

http://www.locopaintball.com/

ShotOnSight
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.locopaintball.com/

Ironically its almost exactly the same distance away from me as paintball charleston (62 miles either way) ...

Thotograph
05-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Happy birthday to me! How'd you know I'm a scorpio? Seriously though I'll be there barring any major catastrophy... and I'll do what I can do bring some more heads up from Orlando. Strictly mags only or is it open invite? No worries though I don't have any friends that own SP guns... LOL friends don't let friends shoot ions :D

This is awesome, sounds like your field is my kind of place... a real players field is certainly a diamond in the rough these days. I can cover the event (photos) as well if you'd like, call me a combat photographer, I'll be carrying both rigs... my canon in one hand and my RT CANNON in the other LOL... ok not really but seriously I can provide stills if you want, for free of course. Keep me posted...

KayleAGD
05-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Keep me posted , The wife and I may come down that way again.. Last time I was playing down there was at Akrenstone paintball

going_home
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Happy birthday to me! How'd you know I'm a scorpio? Seriously though I'll be there barring any major catastrophy... and I'll do what I can do bring some more heads up from Orlando. Strictly mags only or is it open invite? No worries though I don't have any friends that own SP guns... LOL friends don't let friends shoot ions :D

This is awesome, sounds like your field is my kind of place... a real players field is certainly a diamond in the rough these days. I can cover the event (photos) as well if you'd like, call me a combat photographer, I'll be carrying both rigs... my canon in one hand and my RT CANNON in the other LOL... ok not really but seriously I can provide stills if you want, for free of course. Keep me posted...

Awesome, more Florida peeps.
I saw every brand marker known to man in the Tunaball pics.
Just bring what you got. If you got a mag bring it too.
If you dont, no worries.
;)

kruger
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Yea, the day is open to any marker. The event is really to gather the AO'ers together as a group. Mags will be the marker of the day, but, anything that slings paint will be welcome.

And, take all the pics that you want. There will be somebody there to take pics, so you wont be tied down to battle field Photographer duty, unless you want to be. :D

going_home
05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Yea, the day is open to any marker. The event is really to gather the AO'ers together as a group. Mags will be the marker of the day, but, anything that slings paint will be welcome.

And, take all the pics that you want. There will be somebody there to take pics, so you wont be tied down to battle field Photographer duty, unless you want to be. :D

I posted this over on the thread you posted about your field in mcarterbrown dot com forum.
Got some peeps interested there that may come also.
;)

cyberave68
05-19-2007, 09:01 PM
and I'll do what I can do bring some more heads up from Orlando. LOL friends don't let friends shoot ions :D

Well if by chance i havent sold my house and moved up north. We should see about a carpool...
(WOULD BE SERIOUSLY MAD IF I ENDED MISSING BOTH EAST COAST EVENTS :mad: )

kruger
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
uppin' this just to keep it alive :D

mostpeople
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Cant wait to go!!

I will be bringin my E-tac and my pariah/X-valve/dallara/chimera/15*/RPG gas through grip beauty!! :)

and hopefully by then it will be pneumagged!

cyberave68
05-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Most your in Daytona right? Lets try to get a car pool going....

MANN
05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Most your in Daytona right? Lets try to get a car pool going....

Not moving?

cyberave68
05-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Not moving?
Wishful thinking, Dont tell my wife though...
I found out that the average house here sells in about 90 days. Hmmm more than enuff time...(I hope)

mostpeople
05-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Ya daytona, and sorry thats a no go on the carpool thing cyber, I'd love to dont get me wrong. But I will be going up a little ahead of time and little after b/c my woman is going up with me to meet a friend for the weekend who lives 15 minutes from the field lol! How convenient! So we might be staying there as well.. otherwise i'd definately do it!

If that falls through however, i'll give ya a holler.

Thotograph
05-23-2007, 12:54 PM
No worries in the AGD department here, lol I got 3 different mags to choose from so that's covered no prob, maybe I'll have another if I can manage to pick up that sweet E-Yac of yours Going Home. I was more asking so I could know whether I should invite my friends who don't have mags or not... I'm gonna bring all my various markers up just for the fun of it (well possibly to sell one or two as well). Is there gong to be other festivities like a swap meet or trade show type of thing? No worries if it's still to early to know for sure.

I was thinking... perhaps there could be some games where there's only certain guns on the field... like only mags, only closed bolts, or only pistols etc. Could be fun... I'm gonna bring my 3357 Spotmarker just in case. Hopefully I can get it working good by then. I'm thinkin I'm gonna carry it in a holster or something. I really wish I could rock a sydarm though :D Huh maybe we could do a match where we pit the different guns against each other, all cocker team vs. all mag team or something. Or maybe do 5 man teams where there's one of each: a RT, a classic mag, a mech-cocker or blazer etc, a pump, and an electro. That could be fun too. Just some ideas to throw around there... any previews for the planned festivities? I can't wait this is gonna be awesome! Thanks for doing this Kruger...

kruger
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
At this point, I really havent planned anything other than having this meet. The field will pretty much be an open play sorta day, with the theme being the Automag. All markers are welcome to be shot, no matter what you have. We can run any type of game that the group wants. I own the field, so, it is in my best interests to make sure that the customers enjoy themselves. You guys are welcome to bring anything that you want to, sell or trade, or brag and lie. Its all good fun. Half the fun of paintball is the lies that are told after the game is over :cool: It could turn out to be a swap meet, if you all want it to be. I will bring all my extra crap, and some of the grips that I may have tossed around, a few markers and gear, and my wallet full of freshly printed cash. Going Home is supposed to be coming to this, and he charges premiums for his stuff, but he does have some desirable stuff :D

We could call it "The AO Southern Swap Meet"

And, I will try to get the Web guy to update the pics on the web site. Just to give you guys a better idea of the field layout.

mostpeople
05-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Im down for anything, my preferred game is speedball, but I also like Terrorists vs. CT with the terrorists having to plant a bomb.

Other than that im down for any variant of speedball/hyperball, and hell i'll drag my *** into the woods if thats what everyone wants to do too! heheh.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Wishful thinking, Dont tell my wife though...
I found out that the average house here sells in about 90 days. Hmmm more than enuff time...(I hope)

Great.... :cheers:

Empyreal Rogue
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Im down for anything, my preferred game is speedball, but I also like Terrorists vs. CT with the terrorists having to plant a bomb.

Other than that im down for any variant of speedball/hyperball, and hell i'll drag my *** into the woods if thats what everyone wants to do too! heheh.

Little mini-scenarios, that would be AWESOME.

kruger
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Little mini-scenarios, that would be AWESOME.

Just to give you guys an idea, the name of my field is Scenario Paintball Games. Hint, hint.

We do cater to the speedball crowd, but no airball. Hyperball, and I have a setup in the woods called "the doors". Speedball in the woods :D

mostpeople
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Man your field looks fun kruger!

I cant wait to play there! I would really like to get an idea of how many people will be attending. But this is still 6 months away so its a little early.

kruger
05-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Right now, I can guarantee the following people will be there:

Kruger

That gives us a grand total of, one.

MANN
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Right now, I can guarantee the following people will be there:

Kruger

That gives us a grand total of, one.

Place my name on that list. + the wife

kruger
05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
OK, that gives us three. I can probably round up a guy to even out the teams :D

mostpeople
05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
better add me. Im definately goin

Thotograph
05-28-2007, 04:12 PM
AO Southern Swap Meet has a nice homely ring to it, hahaha who knows... Bo and Luke Duke might very well show up, of course they'll be a little bummed to learn we aren't swappin car parts.

FYI I just got the verbal from a friend of mine that he'll be attending... he's got a Xmag... (the wood grips I got from you went to him, he really likes them). So there's another for the list... I'm gonna try to get some non AO heads up there in hopes that we can convert them into AO junkies like the rest of us. I can't wait this is gonna be alot of fun. I might be up in that area in September for Petite Lemans (car race at Road Atlanta) so perhaps I'll come play at yo field that weekend if I can find the time.

RobOpel
05-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Come November Ill be living in Atlanta again, so Rome won't be a problem to make. I'll do my best to be there and bring one or two more guys as well.

Rob

kruger
05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Excellent! Will look forward to seeing you there. If you are into the senario scene, when you get to Atlanta, look up the BlackHearts, and excellent team to run and gun with.

Kid Sisco
05-30-2007, 07:59 AM
I'll be there, Had a blast last weekend, looking foward to more House of Pain. :shooting:

ShotOnSight
05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Well, I just cleared my shcedule so if nothing else comes up ill be there with my x-mag and Evil minion

It will be fun connecting screenames with actual faces :cheers:

kruger
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll be there, Had a blast last weekend, looking foward to more House of Pain. :shooting:

Glad you had a good time. You played with a good group Sunday. By the way, that group has challenged my team to a scrim.

Empyreal Rogue
06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
I conned a friend into coming. He lives in GA, not too far from the field. And there's a very good chance I'll be coming. Almost a guarantee.

Skeeter
06-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds like a fun event. It has been a few years since I gathered the troops for an AO event.

Paintball Charleston is IN. Low estimate, 15 players, high estimate 40+. We will all bring Mags of some flavor, with lots of alternate markers to keep things interesting. It won't be the same without Claire, but it should still be fun.

I'll throw in a few prizes (a few free passes to our MPP scenario on Nov 17th?) for any sort of "Top Gun" event, if one happens...

Kruger? Do you have waivers we can complete ahead of time?

Looking forward to a fun day...

PS:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193398&page=2&pp=32

JH_
06-03-2007, 02:28 PM
You can probably count me in. As long as smart parts guns aren't banned. :cry:

KayleAGD
06-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I have plans on being there , still a ways away .. but looks good for now..

kruger
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Skeeter, PM'n you

JH. There will be no gun that is not welcome. I, nor my partners "hate" any marker. We all have different tastes and to each his own. There are markers that I personaly prefer over others, but that is for my own use. Any marker that you have is welcome. However, if you show up with a Gatling, then we will have to limit it to 50 or so bps.

JH_
06-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Sweet. You can count me in then. Especially if it is byop. My field is 79.99 a case. :tard:

kruger
06-03-2007, 03:25 PM
My field is ALWAYS a BYOP field and this event is no different. We dont charge extra for the events that we hold, field fee is 10 bucks and all day air is 10 bucks. That wont change unless we increase our normal prices. In the future, we are looking to get MPP games to run some events, and we will have to charge more for that, but that is differnt from what we normally do. And, we are in the process of getting two HP air compressors, up to 5k output. We should have it in the next week or so. Also, we have CO2 for the guys that use that.

Guys, me and my partners really do run this field for the fun of it. Dont get me wrong, we do have to turn a profit to keep the field open, but none of us are trying to suppliment our retirement funds with this business. We charge enough to to keep the bills paid and make it cheap enough for everybody to play and not feel that they are getting ripped off.

We sell XBall Bronze or better, and we usually have a field grade paint also. We dont try to rape you on the paint prices either. XBall is in the 45 to 50 range.

Skeeter
06-03-2007, 04:22 PM
QFT

I’ll second the business approach, from another field owner’s perspective. At $10 and $10, there is probably not a lot left over, after the overhead (rent, staffing, insurance & all of the little incidentals that add up so very quickly). I respect your BYOP approach (mine as well). Some fields will gouge on paint prices, trying to make up for lost volume. The smart field owners will sell a quality paint for a reasonable price and make up the difference by selling more product overall. You can make up for margin by increasing volume through lower prices. Makes you a better field, the players will respect you, and return more often as well.

Back on topic: Kruger… No PM yet.

kruger
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Yea, sorry, I lied. Used the Email thing in your Profile.

maniacmechanic
06-03-2007, 07:03 PM
ok I'm telling the boss tomorrow me & my coworker WILL be off the 3rd & half the 2nd , dog gone from just the 1st page I saw fla , sc , nc , ky , tenn

NU_METAL
06-03-2007, 09:28 PM
ok I'm telling the boss tomorrow me & my coworker WILL be off the 3rd & half the 2nd , dog gone from just the 1st page I saw fla , sc , nc , ky , tenn
yeah that coworker would be me :D
consider me there ,me & the maniac will just have to caravan up there, Field looks pretty from the pics !!!!

ShotOnSight
06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
So just out of curiosity whatsa the average age/occupation of people going ? Its intresting to me to connect people with theyre screenames :)

Its amazing how many different walks of life meet up together at events like these, im really loking forward to it :cheers:

Empyreal Rogue
06-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I know it's still several months away, but if anyone in the Richmond or NoVA area wants to go but can't because of transportation reasons, I'm more than happy to carpool. So long as you help pay for gas. :ninja:

kruger
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
So just out of curiosity whatsa the average age/occupation of people going ? Its intresting to me to connect people with theyre screenames :)

Its amazing how many different walks of life meet up together at events like these, im really loking forward to it :cheers:

I am 47, or will be by the time of this meeting. I am an Electronic/Instrumentation tech at a Paper mill here in Rome. Used to hunt deer, a LOT. Now, I hunt people :D . Much more satisfying. And, you dont have to get rid of the gut pile after the shot :rolleyes: Field owner and I piddle with bits of wood. And, the average age of the people that are regulars at my field is the mid 30's or so. We do have some younger, but the majority are a bit older that your average speedballer.

maniacmechanic
06-04-2007, 04:15 AM
age 47 , heavy equipment/ heavy truck mechanic/ welder , no hair in the front long hair in the back , elbows up tattoos

cyberave68
06-04-2007, 06:09 AM
If I make this event I will prolly have to dye my hair a yellowish/green color (tennis ball???)
But that’s partially due to I have a lot more grey at 34 than I should.... :cry:
I also weld and run Machinery too… :D

ShotOnSight
06-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Good god im probably going to e the youngest there :D

Im 18 and work as a sales/stockroom manager at the Nike factory outlet store down here by Hilton Head island

Its going to be weird running around with people my dads age :rofl:

ShotOnSight
06-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Good god im probably going to be the youngest there :D

Im 18 and work as a sales/stockroom manager at the Nike factory outlet store down here by Hilton Head island

Its going to be weird running around with people my dads age :rofl:

MANN
06-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Im 73, and dont work. Im collecting SS :ninja:

Tac-OneFun
06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
me and the other PBC people coming are 23,24,25.... except for Skeeter. Its ok though, we can pack his walker.

mostpeople
06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
im 41

ShotOnSight
06-04-2007, 01:03 PM
me and the other PBC people coming are 23,24,25.... except for Skeeter. Its ok though, we can pack his walker.

LOL !

Speaking of which, i might actually be heading over to PBC this coming weekend. I wanted to test the UL frame I got for my minion and run around with my x-mag, PBC has top be one of my all time fav places to play at :)

Krugers field seems to be under a similar style of management so im sure ill be pleased regardless of where i go :cool:

kruger
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
OK folks, gonna start tossin' things around and see what everybody wants to do.

1. Open play and just go with what ever everybody wants to do that day. Sort of majority vote on the games that we play.

2. A big, organized day. An 8 or 10 hour scenario game day. I do have a game in mind, and I will explain it. But first, some back ground info.

During my limited paintball experience, I have found that paintballers are stupid. We dont like a bunch of complicated rules. All we want is cheap paint, a place to play, and lots of targets to shoot at. Oh, and babes. Lots of babes. The first three things I can provide. That last thing, the babes, is up to you :D Anyway, we have developed a game called Flag Wars. It really is quite simple. At the top and bottom of the hour, the refs check which team has their flag raised at several flag stations. Those teams get points. Play does not stop all day. Re-insertion is pretty much instant. When three players on a team are availible to go back in, then, you do. At different, random times, the flag stations points will change, just to move the play around and make it a bit harder for you to keep/take a station. That is pretty much it for rules. Other than standard paintball rules, which are always followed. You can play until you throw up or are a battered wreck. This format is really easy and popular, the few times that we have run it. For the speedballers, we have about 12 acres of open fields, with bunkers, hyperball, a town, an airport, and the "house of pain". The woods that we use have over 100 bunkers in them, right now. And, I plan on adding to that before the game.

I am trying to get a feel for what the group wants, and if necessary, then I will put up a poll, just to get an accurate show of hands. Or, if you guys have something else in mind, then I am open to suggestions.

RobOpel
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm 19, will be 20 by November though. I go to Georgia Tech and am spending my summer as an engineering co-op (like an intern) at a Toyota plant.

Oh, and Kruger, your flag wars idea sounds really fun, Id like to do that a lot.

Rob

going_home
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
The flag wars sounds fun.

Lets just say I can get the senior discount at Mickey D's (if I ate there) . :tard:

Empyreal Rogue
06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
My 21st birthday is a couple months before the event. We should celebrate. :headbang:

My vote is option 1.

While I'm not opposed to an all day scenario, considering we'll only be together for one day it'll be more appealing to the masses to divide the day up into different games. Though if it were a 2 day event, then I'd be all for an all day scenario bit. But that could be asking for a lot.

Skeeter
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Last AO day (for me, anyway) worked very well, with a mix of regular rec ball games. Gives everyone a better chance to work with all of the different players. Better chance to meet more folks & shoot at different players every game. A scenario of sorts, for a few hours could be cool too. Not sure if I want to do the same game all day long.

We also had a running 3 or 5 man speedball game going. Any batch of players wanting to jump into the next speedball game were welcome. When there were no groups of players in waiting, we had a few "one on one" games break out. Was fun, and always had something to do or watch.

SOSight... We are going to run some pump only games after hours this Saturday. Probably 5:30 until 9:00. Staff/family or invitation only, so this is your invite, if you want to stay late. BTW, free. We used to do this frequently, but this is only our second staff-only event for 2007. Some regular games and some "blister ball". Lots of fun, and I will have a cooler of cold beverages for after the games...

For the second part, 41 years old, medical researcher by day, paintball store and field owner by night...

TacOneFun: I only need a walker after lots of beer or a few "Rum Runners". At a certain point, I just give up, and don't even try to crawl (smart ***).

Next question: Who is up for a "Meet and Greet" sort of gathering on Friday night? Kruger? Any worthy pubs or pizza joints near by?

kruger
06-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Next question: Who is up for a "Meet and Greet" sort of gathering on Friday night? Kruger? Any worthy pubs or pizza joints near by?

Yup, working on that. There are several places that would be good. Rome, is not really a "pub" kinda town. There are several colleges in this area, so there is a night life of sorts. But mostly just resturants that serve. I am planning on having a meet and greet. But it really depends on the size of the crowd. And, the age also. Dont want to exclude any of the younger players from the festivities. But, the simple answer is yes. Friday night, time to be determined, location to be determined. When the search ends, will post up pert. info and directions.

Game day format is still in flux.

dizzle
06-05-2007, 08:30 PM
im down

this will be my first AO event
i dont really know anyone on this site,and have only talked to a few breifly either buying things from them or asking questions,lol.it would be awesome meeting you guys in person. :headbang:

and to stay with the current topic im 26 and an auto mechanic

i will be coming from northeast TN(for those of you that are into NASCAR i am about 20 minutes from the bristol motor speedway)

i will also try to round up some friends and am open to any style of play

peace :cheers:

ShotOnSight
06-05-2007, 10:06 PM
The flag wars idea sounds very intresting :clap:

Before strikeozne paintball where I live closed its doors, we where experimenting with a smiliar game type that was based of the "War" format from the popular WWII console game Call of duty 3

Essenially you have 3 or 4 flags spanning the lengh of the field. Each side has a spawn point but not a definite one. The way this works is if a player gets shot out and he's off by himself in the middleof nowhere then he will of course spawn back at his home base. However if his entire team advances and manages to occupy the other side of the field then that teams spawn point will be adjusted acording to ocupied territory. (essentialy you swap spawns based on occupied territory)

As far as the flags themselves go, you have one flag at either spawn location (not directly on it of course, but relativley nearby) and one or two (or however many you want) in between. The objective is to have atleast 3 players on the same side on the "flag station" for atleast one minute at which point the flag is "raised" players can be shot off the flag station and must be within 10 feet of the flag in order for them to "raise" the flag, if an aposing player is also within 10ft of the flag then the countdwon is halted until either the defending flag captureres are eliminated or the asaulting player is. Once a team raises the flag the set territory that comes with that flag positon is now theres and the team now occupies the territory and thus the spawn point moves up accordingly. The teams battle for control of territory and flags by capturing/defending flag positions. Reinsertion is insatant and its a great format to play around with.

It sounds complicated but in person its a simpler thing to explain. The rules are always adjustable and this format likes lots of players and good cover/flag locations.

kruger
06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, the thing about the flag wars it that the flags dont mean anything until the top of the hour, or the bottom of the hour. You can fight for 30 min. to control a flag, but at 15 sec. after the top of the hour, you can walk off from it. The trick is to be able to control the flags at the half hour mark, to get the points. So, it is possible to control a flag point for less than a min. total time, and get the points for it. I have not def. decided on this format for the day, but it is something to consider. It would be a lot easier to just let the crowd decide what happens that day, but I do want you guys to have a good time, and maybe make this an annual event at the field. And, keep the suggestions a'commin'. We still have lots of time to firm this up.

ShotOnSight
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Like you said, its up to the collective masses what goes down on AO south day. Personally im up for anything. The flag wars thing sounds fun. I like games that have a theme to them rather than just running around and shooting at eachother. Adding capture points and the like just adds a tactical twist and I love that.

Anyone else have any ideas ?

JH_
06-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Anybody got a count of how many are coming?

Warwitch
06-10-2007, 08:14 AM
You can probably count me in. As long as smart parts guns aren't banned. :cry:

Not banned......just hunted down like a dog:shooting:

j/k

....or am I :argh:

JH_
06-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Not banned......just hunted down like a dog:shooting:

j/k

....or am I :argh:
Well I will have to shoot my PMI then. :rofl:

kruger
06-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Not yet, sorta letting this simmer for a while. Will get a new thread started and try to get a count in it. Still a bit of a ways off, but I will be holding this event and things can change between now and them. People that commit now may not be able to make it by the time this rolls around. :D

JH_
06-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Allright.

kruger
06-16-2007, 07:32 AM
bump, just to keep alive

swamphawk7
06-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Found out about this by a happy accident .

heard nothing but positive things ~

can't wait .

-H

"Thanks PBC"

going_home
06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
I saw they just posted the Viper/Blanding thread, and although I want to get
to Blanding sometime and play, playing at night has absolutely no appeal to me.
I can barely see in the daytime........
Besides after about 6 hours my lower back is trashed anyways.
Maybe its that over 50 thing kicking in :(
So I am looking forward to A O South !
:clap:

Siress
06-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I love it when big events happen near me :D

I'll defiantly be there unless my work interferes. If there's a mailing list for information about this event I'd like to be added to it: REDACTED

I might even shoot my Devilmag, even though I prefer my Phantom or Ion. :wow:

:p

See you guys there!

stonersr26
06-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Hopefully I'll be there, as long as I'm not still in academy. I'm only going to be an hour and a half from Rome so its not a bad drive once I get moved down there. Yay :clap: , I can finally make it to am AO game.

mostpeople
06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
meh plans change

instead of attending with my e-mag

I'll probably be attending with my new mag, an EP airwalk dallara mag ;)

if I cant get the pieces in time. Otherwise my timmy will have to do. :argh:

kruger
06-20-2007, 01:43 AM
meh plans change

instead of attending with my e-mag

I'll probably be attending with my new mag, an EP airwalk dallara mag ;)

if I cant get the pieces in time. Otherwise my timmy will have to do. :argh:

You will get eaten alive if all you have is a Timmy :shooting:

maniacmechanic
06-20-2007, 05:00 PM
just real quick #'s
I guess? 3
Mabey 10
damm right 14
PBC 15 to 40
looks like the A O South is a GO

kruger
06-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh yes, its a go. I just dont have any idea at this time how many are planning to attend. Its a go :D even if I am the only one out there.

MANN
06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Oh yes, its a go. I just dont have any idea at this time how many are planning to attend. Its a go :D even if I am the only one out there.

Again Me and the wife will defiently be there.

Empyreal Rogue
06-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I'll be there, with or without the future E-Mag.

punkncat
06-20-2007, 08:22 PM
As inexpensive as this is, so close to me, and with the possibility of putting a few names to faces, you can count me in.
I will even try to bring along a group of paintballing buddies.

kruger
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Made the second post in this thread a list of the people that have said that they are gonna be there. Obviously, that list will change as time goes on. Several people have said that they are gonna bring more than just themselves, so total numbers are never going to be written in stone. If you are going to be there, then post here in this thread. If you are on the list and see that you cant make it, then post up and I will remove you from the list. If you are on the list and dont make the event, and you dont post up that you are not gonna make it, then the rest of us will talk bad about you and probably use adult language when doing so :D

Siress
06-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Hey, Kruger. Think one of you guys can open the field early on Sunday to promote more players to stay over night? Would be a wise business move :cool:

(Or did you already say something along these lines and I missed it? :tard: )

kruger
06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
I think that I can do that. The only reason that we open as late as we do on Sunday is so that the church crowd (one of my partners) can be on top of things.

dizzle
06-23-2007, 11:20 PM
i am a definite and at least one other will be with me

mag79
06-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I will be there with aleat 5 other players. I am in south Ga. :shooting:

Skeeter
06-24-2007, 09:15 AM
We have a sign-up list at the store. Already have 5-10 paid, with waivers complete. Geoff, what is the current count, since I am so very far away???

This will grow substantially as the time grows near.

Tac-OneFun
06-24-2007, 04:41 PM
also Skeeter, did you tell Kruger that the waiver forms are past their expiration date.

it says on the form. "this is good through 3/10/2007" or something like that....

MANN
06-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Just FYI I will be there friday night, and expect to see all of you at the local bar/pub.

ShotOnSight
06-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, will there be any other pump players as well ? I know some of you guys have to have a pump hidden within the bowels of your gearbag :ninja:

kruger
06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
also Skeeter, did you tell Kruger that the waiver forms are past their expiration date.

it says on the form. "this is good through 3/10/2007" or something like that....

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to get that fixed ASAP.

ShotOnSight
06-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Btw dont mean to spam. Skeeter posted a thread about it but ill go ahead and post here for all those that havent already seen it.

Paintball charleston is holding a 10 hour scenario chairty event for the nine fallen firefighters in charleston. I know some of you live around that are but it would be fantastic if we could get as many people as possible to go. Its on july 14th, for further details see the full length thread out in the pb-talk forum !

kruger
06-24-2007, 07:38 PM
I dont consider that post spam. Go ahead and post the link to that thread if you wish

ShotOnSight
06-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Yea I guess im just used to posting on pbnation :rolleyes:

Heres the link for those intrested....

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216883

TnDeathInc
06-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Yea I guess im just used to posting on pbnation :rolleyes:

Heres the link for those intrested....

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216883

me plus 2-3

Skeeter
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Did you mean to say...

... I know some of you guys have to have a pump hidden within the bowels... :ninja:

And yes. Last time we ran around with everything from Splatmasters to Angels & X-Mags. Bring anything and everything you would like to shoot and show off. This should be the sort of crowd that will appreciate the exotic hardware. I might even bring out my PMI-1 and one of my "real" Montneel (sp?) Icon-Zs. The PBC crowd will definately tote a few pump markers along, all different flavors. Can't wait for the event.

ShotOnSight
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Ah yes, thats pretty much what I meant to say. Glad to see you also double as spellcheck ! :p

The primary reason I was asking was because I just picked up another carter machine buzzard and im having palmers build me another super stocker so I was intrested to see how many other pump players there where. Perhaps even enough to have a few pump games :cool:

kruger
06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
bump, just to keep it alive :D

kruger
06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
doup. post. Sorry

JH_
07-01-2007, 07:12 AM
bump to keep alive.

buski
07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
We have a sign-up list at the store. Already have 5-10 paid, with waivers complete. Geoff, what is the current count, since I am so very far away???

This will grow substantially as the time grows near.

We have seven registered and will have at least ten more by the time of the event.

Tac-OneFun
07-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Brad is on AO!!!!

what a newb

buski
07-02-2007, 02:03 PM
what a newb

Says the guy with the 2007 account. :D

kruger
07-15-2007, 01:00 AM
bump to keep alive

JH_
07-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Bump to keep alive.

KMAN866
07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
dude I live like 20 minutes from you :wow:

JH_
07-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Bump to keep alive.

JH_
07-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Kruger if this is still on pm me please.

kruger
07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
bump, and still on. Sending a PM now.

Tac-OneFun
07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
i'm all signed up. you need to me to fill out a new waiver because of the date issue Kruger?

kruger
07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I just checked out the form that we have posted. And, it is of course out of date. I will get the form updated and re-post it. Will post here when I have that done.

So, the answer to you question, is yes, but wait until I have the form updated. Sorry bout that. I never look at that form.

TnDeathInc
07-30-2007, 08:37 PM
kruger, i just noticed code 3 on your forums, we play with them at bearclaw all the time.

kruger
07-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Ye, we do play at BearClaw, and I am a member. Old redheaded guy, usuall I am the one that is fooled by Castro, of the BlackHearts, but I am learning not to trust Castro. I think he will lie to you :rolleyes:

Oh, and the form should be fixed in the next day or so. I called the guy, that knows the guy, that keeps the forums up.

And, I got another Pump on the way..............

We can runs some pump games................ :shooting:

mostpeople
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
This event is fast approaching

do we have any idea what we will be playing?

kruger
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
So far, I am leaning toward just open play, whatever the group wants. Kinda nixed the fixed format day. You should be able to play until you throw up ;)

And, yes, it is getting closer. Just bought two compressors, and associated gear. Trying to get that set up. So fills are going to be from 4k to 4.5K every time.

TnDeathInc
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Us five are whats left of Death Inc, I dont get any news from them. We have been playing at bearclaw 4-5 years now. We will be revising our name, and yes castro lies, as does peaches. :headbang:

mostpeople
07-31-2007, 08:46 PM
So far, I am leaning toward just open play, whatever the group wants. Kinda nixed the fixed format day. You should be able to play until you throw up ;)

And, yes, it is getting closer. Just bought two compressors, and associated gear. Trying to get that set up. So fills are going to be from 4k to 4.5K every time.

thats outstanding, thats one of my biggest pet peeves -- not being able to fill all the way up and getting 2700 on a 4500 by 2 pm.

kruger
08-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Us five are whats left of Death Inc, I dont get any news from them. We have been playing at bearclaw 4-5 years now. We will be revising our name, and yes castro lies, as does peaches. :headbang:

Yea, I know that they lie, but I just love playing against them. I shore is a good time. :D

punkncat
08-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Gonna get this back to the front page.....

I am really looking forward to this event. It will be good to see some of the AO south folks again.

MANN
08-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I dont really feel like scrolling thru the pages again. What date did we finally set? Nov 3 IIRC

edit: nevermind. I checked the first post where it should be.

kruger
08-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Also, gonna look into maybe making some T shirts. OA Lions on the back and an AO SOUTH 07 on the front over the pocket. Will sell them for cost, what ever that turns out to be. Will update on this issue as I have more info.

going_home
08-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Also, gonna look into maybe making some T shirts. OA Lions on the back and an AO SOUTH 07 on the front over the pocket. Will sell them for cost, what ever that turns out to be. Will update on this issue as I have more info.

I'll take two in black size XXL .

:D

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
ill take a 3xlt.... im BIG :wow:

ill have something to wear under my AO jersey..... :bounce:

punkncat
08-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't mind at least one in 2x. White or grey please.

TnDeathInc
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't mind at least one in 2x. White or grey please.

2 black in XXL and 1 Black M for wife

maniacmechanic
08-15-2007, 07:51 PM
man I must be a midget , I'll take 1 in medium ; Should I go play with the Giants of the South in Ga ?? durn right I'll be there

kruger
08-15-2007, 08:10 PM
OK folks, before we get too involved here, I was thinking of getting a coupla sizes, in one color. Grey or black, probably Grey. I havent had the chance to check into into yet, but will in the next coupla days and give you a rough est. of the price.

Or if there is too many variables, (sizes), then I can check into some hats.

TnDeathInc
08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
remember we are fat, i mean muscular and cotton shrinks :)

kruger
08-15-2007, 10:13 PM
remember we are fat, i mean muscular and cotton shrinks :)

Yea, I get it. That cotton wouldnt last no time over that "six pack stomach" ;)

kruger
08-27-2007, 12:43 AM
bump to keep alive

kruger
08-28-2007, 06:35 PM
OK folks, went to the printers today. I'm stoopid, so I need help.
Let me know how you feel here:

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219513

Also, I had a very interesting phone call today. Good things may be happening, but will keep it kinda close for now. All I will say is that this may turn out much better than I ever hoped it would. When I have some definite answers, then I will post them up.

This could be very good :D

kruger
09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Need more peeps to vote in the poll that I have in the post above. Just click the link and vote please. Still on track with this.

TnDeathInc
09-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Anyone from central Florida want to carpool and room-pool to event this let me know.
Need to get started nailing things down for this.
I am in the Tampa area.

Leaving from Nashville, TN Friday after work let me know if anyone wants a lift, i may have room.

MANN
09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Leaving from Nashville, TN Friday after work let me know if anyone wants a lift, i may have room.

Im in knoxville. Im not sure if its on the way, but if so Im defiently in.

mostpeople
09-10-2007, 09:11 PM
It looks like people want t-shirts, I voted for the hat =/

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
09-10-2007, 09:34 PM
It looks like people want t-shirts, I voted for the hat =/

I'm the other hat votr.... looks like we are alone....lol...

kruger
09-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Tell you guys what...........I am a hat guy myself. I will just make hats for us, and get T shirts for everybody else. How's that.

mostpeople
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
heheh awesome

sounds like a deal

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Tell you guys what...........I am a hat guy myself. I will just make hats for us, and get T shirts for everybody else. How's that.

I'm down with that... I can wear the hat more than a shirt.... yayyyy

Warwitch
09-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm down with that... I can wear the hat more than a shirt.... yayyyy

Me too, just dont do those obnoxious, hi-head baseball caps :tard:

kruger
09-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Aww, I cant order the Elmer Fudd hats?

Shhhh, were hunting wabbits :ninja:

Warwitch
09-11-2007, 09:56 AM

Shhhh, were hunting muppets :ninja:

fixed ;)

ih8cornnuts
09-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I'll try to make it as well, wont know until mid-oct. though. I saw this on MCB in the S.East boards. I'll have to borrow(steal) my gf's micromag and bring my pump.

Thanks for doing this, it should be alot of fun

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
09-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Shhhh, were hunting wabbits :ninja:

im a fattt head... lets not let them look like a yamika..... :tard:

:cheers:

kruger
09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
bumpage

maniacmechanic
09-17-2007, 08:54 PM
46 & a wakeup

kruger
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
46 & a wakeup

Gettin' short :D

JH_
09-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Updates? Bump for justice.

mostpeople
09-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Man I hope my dallara is ready by then!! =/

otherwise im just gunna shoot meh timmy I guess :(

Warwitch
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM
So, for 20 bucks you can play till you throw up.

Just reviewing the page 1 info and got a laugh out of this. I think we should make this our MO for the event. Either at the game or the after-party :cheers:

Empyreal Rogue
09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not entirely sure i'll be able to make this event anymore. The job search has been giving little results so sustaining life has become really costly. If things change I'll definitely update, but right now things are just up in the air.

kruger
09-23-2007, 06:33 PM
E.R, would love for your to make it, but it it cant be, then, it cant be. Gotta take care of 'bidness first. But, rest assured that you can read all about it on the forums :D

Also, it would be good if we can get together on Friday night to eat and swill beer like the pigs that we are. And, I am looking into a place that can be done. The thing about Rome is that there are more resturants per square mile here than most places you will find. BUT, there are very few Pubs that can handle this sort of thing. They are mostly small places. And, Rome, GA is pretty anal about drinking. But, will update when I find a suitable place for us to meet. Also, I have to take into account the younger folks that will be attending, so it just cant be a Bar. It seems simple, but here, it is actually harder than you think.

And, still on schedule. Also, please everybody post up if you want a T shirt and the size. I will only order what we need, and a very few extra. Dont want to be holding a ton of shirts that I cant do anything with, but still have to pay for. I will update the first post as to who wants what and what size. This need to be pretty soon so I can get the order to the printers.

May even put the "Play till you throw up" on the Tshirt :rolleyes:

On a side note, We have bought two HP compressors with push button fill stations and will in the near future be supplying air for fields. And, these will be at the field for the AO South game. Min. 4k fills all day long.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
09-23-2007, 07:01 PM
ill take a 3xl shirt and if those hats are still in the works ill take one of those also.... :headbang:

cant wait to get my pneumag out and play with her...all she has done is get dry fired and a few balls out back.. trying to get rb211 out to play before the ao south so i wont be so rusty... :tard:

still cant wait to put faces to some names... :cheers:

:shooting: ---------- :dance:

Warwitch
09-23-2007, 07:46 PM
ill take a 3xl shirt and if those hats are still in the works ill take one of those also.... :headbang:

cant wait to get my pneumag out and play with her...all she has done is get dry fired and a few balls out back.. trying to get rb211 out to play before the ao south so i wont be so rusty... :tard:

still cant wait to put faces to some Mags!!! :cheers:

:shooting: ---------- :dance:

Fixed :D

rb211
09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Well Warwitch, he does fall into the category of the mentally challenged.

Don't worry bread, I'll take you to school before we go up there........

TnDeathInc
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM

1 - 2xl
1- medium

Im down for the beer.

Warwitch
09-24-2007, 07:15 AM

No, no. I meant me :p

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
09-24-2007, 07:17 AM

bring it... the teacher will be taken to school... :shooting: ---------- :eek:

:headbang: :rofl:

rb211
09-24-2007, 05:05 PM
bring it... the teacher with be taken to school... :shooting: ---------- :eek:

:headbang: :rofl:

You keep saying that, but you seem to keep walking off the field wearing large amounts of my paint, and I'm not even bonus balling you - yet......... :ninja:

Maybe I need to take you to grammar school also.

punkncat
09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Kruger,

Due to the recent accident I will be physically unable to attend this event. I feel like I am missing xmas, I was looking so forward to it.....unfortunatly my paintball game will be put off for what I expect to be the better part of a calender year. At least until I get and become proficient with my prosthetic leg.

Really hate to miss this one guys. Believe me, my spirit will be there charging the enemy line in a mad and suicidal rush.....make me proud and tell tall tales here so I can share.

Martin, aka. punkncat

kruger
09-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Punkncat, we are really gonna miss having you at the game. You just get working at getting mobile again and everything else will fall into place. If this goes well, then this will be an annual thing and we wont accept any excuse for next year, so get busy. And, you know that there will be after action reports of how the game went.

On a side note, we (I) will be taking massive amounts of pics and if you send me your address (PM please) then I will send you a CD of all the pics, not just the ones that get posted somewhere. The least that I can do.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
09-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Punkncat, we are really gonna miss having you at the game. You just get working at getting mobile again and everything else will fall into place. If this goes well, then this will be an annual thing and we wont accept any excuse for next year, so get busy. And, you know that there will be after action reports of how the game went.

On a side note, we (I) will be taking massive amounts of pics and if you send me your address (PM please) then I will send you a CD of all the pics, not just the ones that get posted somewhere. The least that I can do.

i plan on having camera and camcorder so i will have plenty to send also... pm me your addy if you want and i will get you copies of everything i take....

:cheers:

zazzoo
09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Well this is creeping up fast

kruger
09-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, just gonna post up a coupla pics for you guys.

This first one is the HP rig that we have. Two 4.5k compressors, powered by VW engines.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0308-1.jpg

Fill stations. Two 4.5k and one 3k fill station. SO even the most mentally challenged can hook up to the proper fitting.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0489.jpg

Next is a shot of the front of "The House of Pain". There are two front walls built. With only one entrance in the corner. That is the only way into the House of Pain. The back two walls are of the netting so that peeps in the break area can watch the carnage inside.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0248.jpg

An inside shot of the House of Pain. This is what the defenders see. They know where the bad guys are going to be commin' from :eek:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0252.jpg

And a shot of the Hyperball field. The town sits just to the right of the hyperball field. It is in an "L" shaped field and we often play the town and the hyperball field together.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0240.jpg

A shot of the town. This is next to the break area. You can watch the action in the town, and it does get intense sometimes.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0237.jpg

There is more stuff/junk/areas, but just posting up a few tidbits for you guys to munch on.

mostpeople
09-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Lookin good, im gettin excited!

I really really hope I have my mag together by then

maniacmechanic
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
kruger , whats the weather "normally" like up there the 1st of november ???

Warwitch
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Lookin good, im gettin excited!

I really really hope I have my mag together by then

Yeah, we do too! Time to put that Timmy to bed :rofl:

Siress
10-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I think this game will be a good time to put my Devilmag up for sell...

Looking forward to the event, Kruger! That's an impressive air setup you've got now! I'd really like to get back out there before this event cranks up so that I have some practice under my belt.

Take it easy and see all of you guys there!

maniacmechanic
10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, we do too! Time to put that Timmy to bed :rofl:

whats a timmy , im a :tard:

kruger
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Manic: It is usually fair to cool. I can tell you this tho, I went to the Free Finale last Dec. and was NOT prepared for how hot it was. Brought all the wrong clothes. But, it shouldn't be cold, cool yes, but not cold. Just about perfect temp for PB.

GraveDiggersUnion
10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
maybe i can talk a few of my team mates to go with me for this...

kruger
10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Just an update.

Got the T shirts ordered last week. Didnt get a lot of them, but I think that I will have enough. A good problem would be to have severely mis-calculated the number of people and have waaaaay to few shirts. But we will see. Also, ordered a limited number of hats, for those that prefer them.

Still trying to decide on a place to meet on Friday night. But, will post up an address well before you guys leave to come this way.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
dibs on a hat..... :headbang:

TnDeathInc
10-08-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah looks good. Ill be taking the Friday off to go set up at bearclaw so i wont be able to get down to where your located till round 8:00pm lose an hour 9:00pm. Hope i can hook up with you for the Friday night festivities if not, no biggie my Mag posse will be there with bells on on Saturday.

mag79
10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
If there's anyone out there that wants to attend this event and lives too far or doesn't want to drive. I can offer 2 buddy passes (standby airline tickets) from the major airline based in Atlanta. You pay a fraction of the actual ticket. A round trip from orlando is $40, Ft Lauderdale $50 and Dallas $64, if you want a quote from another city let me know. But just to let you know the trip from the atl airport is about 1 and a half from the event.

I'll trade 2 ticket for some paintball stuff, pm me any questions.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
:ninja: :cheers:

kruger
10-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Got shirts printed up and are waiting on me to go and pick them up. The hats will be done by Wed. or so. When I pick them up, I will post pics of front and back. There wasnt very much interest in the hats, so I only got 10, and one is mine. SO, if you are interested in a hat, better speak up now, and I will reserve one for you.

MANN
10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
20 days and counting. :D

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
dibs on a hat..... :headbang:

i still want one...... :headbang:

TnDeathInc
10-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Dibs on one hat country!

TnDeathInc
10-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Dibs on one hat country!

See you at bearclaw. On another note i took all my mags and my two new xmags to yellow jacket paintball this weekend. Although my brother just bought a mini he helped me run all 8 mags through to be sure they were in good running shape. I have reringed all but one to get ready for my big paintball playin time oct- march, when us less than thin folks dont have to sweat so much.

All I can say is xmod, wow, i ran against every hi end gu there is out there and had folks coming over there to see what was shooting darts, funny thing is one time they came over i was shooting my classic vavle with a 12 volt revy. the guy asked me how is that revy keeping up with that electro, i said it aint got no batteries. :headbang:

Then i had two folks try to talk me out of my classic RT and my x's, needless to say i pointed them here is they wanted to pick up some mags.

Warwitch
10-15-2007, 06:57 AM
FREE HAT! FREE HAT! FREE HAT!........ :rofl:

http://www.kernelthread.com/miscellaneous/southpark/images/6/609.gif

(Never underestimate the power of a free hat)

MANN
10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
19 days :clap:

Anyone want to carpool from East TN area?

kruger
10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Here are the shirts. Pics shot under florescent bulbs. So, they look a bit off. But, the color is forest green with white screen print.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0510.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/DSC_0511.jpg

Hats should be done by this weekend. Will get pics of them up when I get back from BearClaw.

TnDeathInc
10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
bear claw then AO south, and Tom whoops it up on pbn, can lfe get any better?

TnDeathInc
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
we ever get a total count going confirmed players.

Wife + me + possible 2 brother in laws.

kruger
10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I dont think that I can get an accurate account before the game. I have people saying that they are commin' from N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tn, Fl, GA. Al. So, I'm a'waitin till the chickens hatch before I do a count. I does look like it will be a good day. And, as I previously stated, I will open the field up early on Sunday so that you all can get a really good dose before you have to travel back home. It really doesnt matter how many show up, as long as we have a good day painting each other, and then come back to the forums and tell all our lies :D
But, the more people that do show up presents more targets to shoot. :shooting:

Also, we are building a few new bunkers (long over due) to have ready for this game. If nothing else, this game did spur me and a partner to get off of our duffs and do some work on the field.

Also, just for info purposes, I will have a skid of X Ball Bronze on hand. Gonna pick it up this weekend. Got this game and one on the 10th to cover. And, you dont have to buy our paint, you can bring your own if you want. But, paint will be available to purchase if you need. Will be in the $55 to $60 range. Will have our compressors running and you will get 4k to 4.5k per fill.

Also, please note that there is no running water at the field. We will have food and drinks there, and at reasonable prices, but you might want to bring some water with you. We will have water and soft drinks on hand, but you can never have too much water, specially here in Georgia.

Thats all for now, I am trying to get ready for the BearClaw game and there never seems to be enough time in one day to do everything.

Warwitch
10-18-2007, 03:50 PM
-1 for me :( I just found out that a client of mine is flying in that weekend to look at property and I absolutely have to be there. Im so bummed right now.

mostpeople
10-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I....I'm so ashamed to say this

first off - I will be attending, ive been planning it for months!

But..... my mag isnt ready! I sent out a sluggo to get dallara'd and it hasnt been finished. I heard that next week it might be done, but that leaves no time to anno. Therefore I will be playing with my timmy... and if I can borrow my friends rail and body I might throw my mag together with that stuff. We'll see

either way, I will be there - and I still want a hat!!

mostpeople
10-18-2007, 03:51 PM
-1 for me :( I just found out that a client of mine is flying in that weekend to look at property and I absolutely have to be there. Im so bummed right now.

Warwitch come with me to tippy's game at Gatorpaintball on the 17th of Nov instead!!

Skeeter
10-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I still have 10 registered, with a handful of 'probables' that are waiting for whatever reasons...

I have not read through this whole thread, so the info may already be archived. Any news on a "watering hole" for Friday night? If the weather is good, I am going to drive my new toy (not paintball related) to the game.

But, the more people that do show up presents more targets to shoot. :shooting:

kruger
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Small update folks.

Just got back from BearClaw and there seemed to be a lot (relatively speaking) of people that had told members of my team that they were going to attend.

Also, I met with Jim Lively, and he said that he would be attending this event and would be bringing some AGD goodies with him. He also said that he would be bringing a friend, but would not say who.

Friday night, I do plan to have a place to meet and greet. But, Rome, Ga. is a sorta funny place. It is a college town and they do have bars, and they have restaurants, but no real Pubs, which would be the ideal place. I have to take into consideration that there may be younger members that are traveling with their parents and I dont want to exclude anybody from being able to come. I am leaning towards Buffalo's Wings right now. It is easy to find, and everybody likes chicken wings. Will post up an address and a google map in the next day or so.

Time is fast running out, but, it always does.

mag79
10-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Let :shooting: already, cant wait

kruger
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Here is where the Buffalo's in Rome is located. It will be at pin "A". Ignore all the other pins, I aint got a clue as to why they are on there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Buffalo%27s+Rome,+GA.+&sll=34.250548,-85.193653&sspn=0.100034,0.157928&num=10&iwloc=A&iwstate1=saveplace

Say, 8PM or so. That will give folks time to get into town and get settled in.

kruger
10-22-2007, 05:19 PM
One more thing, if Icould get a rough head count of how many plan on making the Meet at Buffalo's, it would help out a lot. They sorta want to know how much room to allow us and I have no idea what to tell them. If you could just post up if you are going to try to make it Friday night, then that would be one less thing that could go wrong. Thanks