PDA

View Full Version : Ao Mi...

G Squat
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Wondering; Would there be enough willing to do a AO Michigan get-together? I got the field availible for private use... TC Paintball. Havent ever played with many others who shoot a mag. It'd be kinda nice for a change. Lemme hear some responses. :cheers:

mr.mag218
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
well....when? and where is it cuz gas is killin me but i could get some people to go also. and i've tried this about 3 or 4 times so good luck to you sir.

G Squat
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Thats what I wanna know. When, and more importantly if. If we could get enough people together I'd host it a TC Paintball in traverse city (tip of the pinky).

StygShore
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
TC's a ride for me from Waterford, but I could probably be persuaded to make the trip and maybe bring 1 or 2 people with me.

Can't do it until after July though :( - Back surgery recovery until June, then headed to SD for 3 weeks.

Monster Game when I get back

Styg

G Squat
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
oo... :( sorry to hear about the back surgery. I think getting a general consensus from everyone who would like to attend to see what the best time would be. It would probably be a Sunday. Its a great field. Airball, hyperball and a 53 acre recball field with huge town, super deep trenches and multi sory structures. They actually just opened a field and store in Toledo. But I only have access and "ins" into the TC location. if ya want check it out. TCPaintball.com

edit: PS! I'm going to the monster game along with many of the 100+ member TCP Deathsquad Scenario team. See you there! :cheers:

skife
05-10-2007, 09:45 PM
oo... :( sorry to hear about the back surgery. I think getting a general consensus from everyone who would like to attend to see what the best time would be. It would probably be a Sunday. Its a great field. Airball, hyperball and a 53 acre recball field with huge town, super deep trenches and multi sory structures. They actually just opened a field and store in Toledo. But I only have access and "ins" into the TC location. if ya want check it out. TCPaintball.com

edit: PS! I'm going to the monster game along with many of the 100+ member TCP Deathsquad Scenario team. See you there! :cheers:

g squat, does wayne give you crap because you shoot a mag?

i think if there is going to be a MI-AO day again, it should be at mayhem sports or colors paintball.

2 of the BEST fields in michigan.

G Squat
05-10-2007, 09:51 PM
g squat, does wayne give you crap because you shoot a mag?

Unbelievable crap. :rofl: And it really pisses him off because I've been playing for so long and have had some nice high end guns, but keep going bak to mags.

We could have it wherever. I just though since I was the initiator that I'd have it at TC. But we could pick a more central location based on the # of players and where they're coming from.

skife
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Unbelievable crap. :rofl: And it really pisses him off because I've been playing for so long and have had some nice high end guns, but keep going bak to mags.

We could have it wherever. I just though since I was the initiator that I'd have it at TC. But we could pick a more central location based on the # of players and where they're coming from.

yeah i was the one that kept starting flame wars on the TC forums about mags.

haha, someone said they we're old slow and heavy and break alot.

i showed them DW's hAir video.

shorty24
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I'd prolly be able to make it. Saturdays work best for me though...

G Squat
05-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Skife, you should start by doing a poll of which field everyone would want to play. Then once the field is picked, I or you or whoever could call the field and set a date. I think the poll is the way to go. That way we'll get the field that works best for most people.

Draken
05-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, not all of them are on AO, but where I play there are quite a few mags, off the top of my head there are 8 for sure that run mags quite a bit, and several of them ONLY run mags...check out their site Splatmandu (http://splatmandu.com)

Chaos_Theory!
05-11-2007, 03:36 AM
I dont shoot a mag but id be in depending on when and where it was at. Its not worth it for me to go a lon distance to play paintball. Id rather save the gas money and play like i always do. That being said it would need to be somewhere in west michigan. That being said TC in Byron Center works for me and colors is pushin it but would work. Id also like to suggest crossfire paintball in holland. The guy that owns and runs it is really nice and would be more than willing to set something up. Actually i highly suggest it since itd be nice to see a lot of people out there.

www.xfirepb.com

Lohman446
05-11-2007, 05:19 AM
TC Traverse City is probably out, as a horrendous drive for a lot of people (not too bad for me). If its going to be TC TC GR makes better sense. I would prefer Colors (anyone who knows me probably saw that one coming) and am sure I can get us the field if we want it.

That being said Chaos (Lansing) is probably most centered for everyone, Excalibur in Battle Creek is not too bad of a drive from the west side and offers there big game days that might be ideally suited rather than trying to do a stand alone event.

G Squat
05-11-2007, 08:15 AM
See. I'd start a poll but I dont know all of those fields down there as well as everyone else. Somebody start a poll listing like the five likely fields so we can get this rollin'.

skife
05-11-2007, 08:26 AM
The poll is here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214906)

i made a new thread in the meet & greet forum, this is kinda in the wrong forum but yeah, i started a poll.

lets see what everyone thinks.
for the first options i put up west, east, center, or north sides of the state. then i figure we'll post up another poll for fields from there.

i kinda want to play some paintball again, so i'll definatally show up.

i remember a few years back we did a Mini-MI-AO, it was me, quik, platniumjason, p u r e e v i l, lohman was there too i think, it was just a few of us meeting at colors to play.

there used to be a bunch of east siders on AO too, wynn, tatoboy, funk. but i havn't seen them lately.

G Squat
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I chose a central location though I wouldnt mind West. I figured most people wouldnt want to drive to TC since most people are comin' from down state. I may be able to bring a few with, but from what I've heard from everyone, it sounds like a lot may show up.

Chaos_Theory!
05-11-2007, 01:57 PM
If it was on the west side id def be in depending on when it was. I can prob do mid state depending on the drive distance.

G Squat
05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Skife suggested meeting at an already existing big game. Monster game would be good time, and a lot of people have already planned on going. What' yall say? I'll be there with TCP Deathsquad. :headbang:

wyn1370
05-18-2007, 08:04 AM
There's still a few of us old timers around, but we dont' travel quite as much as we did back in the day.
If you're going to monster check out styg's thread on it in meet and greet.

ultralight
05-18-2007, 08:22 AM
not to hijack but,

if anyone wants to come join us i've got a group of the guys i work with going to lone wolf west saturday morning.

i think TC is just a bit too far for me, but if you could settle on a more central location i weould definitely be interested in an AO day.

when is the monster game?

skife
05-18-2007, 08:59 AM
not to hijack but,

if anyone wants to come join us i've got a group of the guys i work with going to lone wolf west saturday morning.

i think TC is just a bit too far for me, but if you could settle on a more central location i weould definitely be interested in an AO day.

when is the monster game?

monster game is in july i think.

saturday is usually my sleep day, friday i work from 4-7pm then i work from 11pm to 11am, but this friday we are playing at my buddy's practice field.which is the nicest backyard field i've ever seen. bunkers are hyperball/wood and one of them is a boat that is cut in half. but its got 12ft high netting all the way around, end of the summer is going to have airball.

StygShore
05-18-2007, 09:02 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2362419#post2362419

Monster game info there -

Where is Cedar Springs, I have not played Airball since Atomix closed.

Styg

emumikey
05-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Any idea on dates? July is the only month that I can make it...

skife
05-18-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2362419#post2362419

Monster game info there -

Where is Cedar Springs, I have not played Airball since Atomix closed.

Styg

cedar springs is westside, about 20 miles north of grand rapids.
they dont have air bunkers yet, but they will have a few by the end of the summer.

StygShore
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM
cedar springs is westside, about 20 miles north of grand rapids.
they dont have air bunkers yet, but they will have a few by the end of the summer.

OK, GR aint a bad drive, used to make the drive 2 or 2 weekends a month with my Ex-wife to go visit all her friends out there anyhow.

AO-MI in that guys backyard :)

Styg

skife
05-18-2007, 11:37 AM
OK, GR aint a bad drive, used to make the drive 2 or 2 weekends a month with my Ex-wife to go visit all her friends out there anyhow.

AO-MI in that guys backyard :)

Styg

i'll talk to them about it this weekend, its a decent setup, fills are only to like 2k though :( they only have one fill tank. thats the only down side, and its a 15 mile drive to get a hpa fill.

G Squat
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
I think enough of us were planning to go to the monster game that an AO get-together would have formed anyway. I'll keep an eye out for all my fellow maggers. I'll probably just be using my mag. Might bring angel, mini, or pmr. :cool:

skife
05-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I think enough of us were planning to go to the monster game that an AO get-together would have formed anyway. I'll keep an eye out for all my fellow maggers. I'll probably just be using my mag. Might bring angel, mini, or pmr. :cool:

i think i might make monster game this year.
it'll be fun.