PDA

View Full Version : where can i get a rectangular cocker style 4 way?

ultralight
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
what i'm looking for is basically a 4 way version of the msv2. i need flat sides/mounting holes on a 4 way valve.

anybody have any ideas? heck, i might be willing to pay for one to be machined, depending on price.

ultralight
05-17-2007, 06:58 AM
anybody?

Pneumagger
05-17-2007, 11:43 AM
try adding solder to a cocker style 4way to make it squarish. I don't ever recall seeing mech square 4ways on a cocker.

Spider-TW
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Clippard has the MAV-4. Checkout the catalog on clippard.com they have a few, but they may be too fat. At least they are miniature flat sided brass 4-ways. :rolleyes:

Unless you're talking about one of those "4-way that is really a 5-way" things...

ultralight
05-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Pneumagger, it doesn't have to have come on a cocker.

what i'm looking for is a valve to operate a cocker ram.

it needs a little extra meat so i can mount it inside my PGP frame.

i'm currently not happy with the stock cocker 4 way that i have held in there with steel brackets. and i was planning on screwing the new one directly to the inside of the frame. every so often the 4 way will get stuck. i am assuming that this is caused by the valve moving inside the frame and binding when the trigger is pulled.

ultralight
05-17-2007, 03:31 PM
looks like the mav-4 might work.

does anyone have an account with clippard that wouldn't mind ordering one of these for me?

clippard wants to charge me 10 for handling + 5 for shipping, i'd rather avoid that if possible.

paintballbeaver
05-17-2007, 08:23 PM
The the cocker 3 way is a 5 way actually

it has 3 nipples but a vent on each end there for making a 2 position 5 way air valve and yes clippard does make them just scan throught there online catolog.

but look for valves that are listed as a 2 position 5 way it must vent at each position or your ram will cycle a couple times and just build up pressure and not move.