PDA

View Full Version : Reactivity

Gilman
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I have a ULE Mag that came with the ULT installed. It has no reactivity and everything I've read says you need a stock R/T on/ff to get reactivity. So I bought a stock on/off and installed it. Now I get runnaway. The pin is .750" long. How do I get normal to reactive operation with the stock on/off?

Badmovies.org
05-14-2007, 06:44 PM
If you have a complete RT on/off and a complete ULT on/off, you can just swap them out. Perhaps you did not receive a complete RT on/off or have an o-ring stuck in the bottom of the space?

Adding a link to a post with diagrams of both the x-valve (with RT on/off) and the ULT on/off:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194223&highlight=x-valve+diagram

Gilman
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a complet on/off however looking at the diagram it shows 2 orings under the on/off when you put it in. The on/off I got has 2 spare orings but they look like spares to the 2 on the on/off.

Tao
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I have a complet on/off however looking at the diagram it shows 2 orings under the on/off when you put it in. The on/off I got has 2 spare orings but they look like spares to the 2 on the on/off.

There should be a white teflon oring with a regular oring around it on the bottow of the on/off hole. For an emag you should have a black quad oring instead of the teflon one.

The teflon or quad oring should fit perfectly in the centre of the larger oring and the larger oring should fit perfectly around the inside diametre of the on off hole.

athomas
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Actually, only the classic mags have the white teflon on-off top oring. The whitish retro on-off oring is urethane.

Gilman: Make sure that both the small and larger orings are above the retro on-off assembly.

maglover728
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Try repacking/rebuilding the on/off IAW the diagram and reinstalling it. see if that helps.

Cleric
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
putting many shims in a ult on an x-valve so you can bounce the trigger...is this legal in a tourney/speedball game?

Gilman
05-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I appreciate all the posts. I tried shimming my ULT to the max and only made it opperate strangely. I did leave out the 2 o-rings for the stock on/off and that's why I got the runanway. I put the o-rings in and now I get a 2 shot burst, well sort of. I flex my finger on the trigger during the 1st shot an I get a pop--pop. I'll see how that works.

Russ
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Gilman,

what's your input pressure?

If you have an adjustable regulator (like a Flatline) you can vary its output to "tweek" the bounce.

For instance, I can my my Retro-valved Mag to get "rippin'" with input pressures of around 1k PSI. At 800, it is still reactive, but far more managable.