PDA

View Full Version : Hoses and Fittings on My Raptor

xmetal2001
01-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Ok, Got a new tank, now i need to make it work.

I have a pro-connect to act as a on/off and i need to get that attatched to the raptor.
I would like to use macroline because i already have the line and the fitting but if all else fails i could use SS.
Ok, heres my problem:

To connect the proconnect to the Raptor i need some sort of straight elbow, do i want a
"1/4 Male by 1/8 Female Gas Fitting"
or a
"1/8 Male by 1/4 Female Gas Fitting"
to put inbetween the proconnect and the raptor.

then on the other end of the proconnect to use macroline i need a macroline 90* elbow?

OR if everything i just said made no sense could you tell me how to use a proconnect on my raptor.

Edit: and does anyone know how i would get a output guage on my raptor, a elbow tapped for a guage maybe? Where would i get one?
Thanx

DYE-BaLLeR
01-06-2002, 09:52 PM
hunter hunter hunter, you told me how to put an output guage on MY raptor, u should kno :)

and why dont you do what i did on my raptor?

xmetal2001
01-06-2002, 09:59 PM
cause my raptor came with a proconnect and on PBGEAR their like 60 bux so i figured id use it, plus it'll work good for what i need it for.

I think i figured out how to do it but its gonna take alot of different fittings, still trying ot thing of easier way

DYE-BaLLeR
01-06-2002, 11:24 PM
could u remind me what a proconnect is?

BlackVCG
01-07-2002, 12:16 AM
You can't setup an output guage on your Raptor. You're going to need to get a 2-hole vertical ASA and put a LP guage in one side and then an elbow and then a hose going to the valve on the other side.

Just use a standard 90 degree elbow coming out of the output on the Raptor, run SS line up to the gas-thru, attach your Pro-Connect(PC) to the end of the hose and put the male end of the PC in the port on the gas-thru grip.

Or... you can ditch the gas thru grip and get one of the adapters used to adapt a remote to an ASA, screw that into the vert-ASA, screw in the male end of the PC and then route your line with the female end of the PC up to the vert-ASA and use the SS hose and PC as a foregrip.

Many options open to you, just depends on what you have already and what suits your tastes.

xmetal2001
01-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Unfortunatly the raptor isn't being set up on my mag, but instead on my matrix so i cant just get a 2 hole ASA. But i emailed Air America and they said for $12 they would put on an output gauge so i think i'll do that. Really it wouldn't be to hard to hook everything up but last night i was just really confused for some reason:rolleyes: I guess cause i wanted to have the proconnect coming directly off the tank(not neccesary)

o, and DYE-Baller, a proconnect is like a quick-disconnect that shuts off the airflow. Its pretty cool.

DYE-BaLLeR
01-07-2002, 04:42 PM
hmmm ill have to see that, pba said there gunna have another tourny in about 6 wks, are u gunna be their with bill and ur friend?

xmetal2001
01-07-2002, 06:26 PM
i'll be there, but probably with my normal team.Even though with Bill and that kid(who id never seen before) we won:cool:

But if my normal team can't show up i'll be there with bill and somebody probably