PDA

View Full Version : Automag leaking air

boarder032
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey there, i just bought a automag off ebay for about 140$, and the thing gets here, i hook it up, and air leaks out of the bolt assembly, i took everything apart except the bolt, because I'm not entirely sure what to do with it, or how to get into it. SOS! :confused:

FiXeL
05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Ok... gas it up while holding the trigger. Does it leak? If so, its either your on/off or some problem in your regulator half. If it leaks out of the barrel when releasing the trigger, replace the powertube o-ring. In case of a lawn sprinkler sound hissing when holding the trigger, the on-off teflon o-ring is bad. Hope this helps ya.

Check these vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=sezisfez (video 6/9 to 9/9 go into troubleshooting)

boarder032
05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes! When i gas it up while holding the trigger it does not leak. As soon as i release it though, it still leaks slowly. What exactly is the powertube O-ring and where can i get a ring that fits?

Trogdor151
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Do you know if you have the Level 10 kit, or the original bolt and equipment?

athomas
05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing you have a level 7 bolt. As mentioned replace the powertube oring. Then if it still leaks, use a shorter powertube spacer to compensate for your worn sear.

boarder032
05-22-2007, 03:54 AM
OK so i took apart the gun following the videos from youtube.
What i noticed was different about the gun was first off instead of an acutal spring inside the powertube, there is just a solid piece of copper or brass that seperates the powertube O-ring from the powertube tip.

There were some other differences but none had to do with the powertube, as it would seem to be where the problem lies. I got the spare parts kit and replaced the powertube O-ring. So far everything is the same. My guess is it would have something to do with the fact that there ain't a goddamn spring where there should be!

Also when i gas up the gun and hold the trigger, there is no air leaking. But when i let go it leaks alot. Then when i fired the gun and held the trigger, there still was a small leak, but barely noticable.

Someone please help! I just want to F***ing PAINTBALL!!!!!!

athomas
05-22-2007, 05:47 AM
OK so i took apart the gun following the videos from youtube.
What i noticed was different about the gun was first off instead of an acutal spring inside the powertube, there is just a solid piece of copper or brass that seperates the powertube O-ring from the powertube tip.That's the powertube spacer. You need a shorter one. The powertube spacers replaced the powertube spring in the mid 1990's.

boarder032
05-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I see. Where can i get one? Or can i file it down or something?

georgeyew
05-22-2007, 03:07 PM
There is a kit that you can purchase from ADG ($12 I think). It will have all the sizes that you need. Is there an indication of the spacer size that you have right now. You can file the current spacer down if you'd like, but make sure that you have something interesting to do while you are filing.

boarder032
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, the spacer says 220 on the side

athomas
05-22-2007, 03:21 PM
You can file it down. Just be careful not to file too much. Also worth note: it probably requires shortening because something has changed. Most likely, the tolerances of the sear have changed due to wear. If you have to change the sear in the future, you will need a longer spacer again.

georgeyew
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, the spacer says 220 on the side

Well there is only one size spacer smaller than that....the .215 after that you have use the file method.

georgeyew
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
boarder, I feel bad for you. When I get home, I'll check to see if I have an extra .215 spacer that I can send you.

boarder032
05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Wonderful. Why not just replace sear? Or does paying for that involve grabbing my ankles

Coralis
05-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Automag sear from AGD website (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=414&categoryID=92)

not too expensive actually ....

Myzek
05-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Having exact same problem. When I hold trigger in the air stops but when released air comes from the barrel... Tried I few things then ran out of air..

boarder032
06-07-2007, 09:39 PM
So i finally got the money to get the spacer kit. I replaced the 220 with the shorter 215, and i still get a leak down the barrel. I ordered a new sear and haven't installed it yet. I just need someone to tell me if i'm going in the right direction. WTF?!?!?

BigTrucker
06-07-2007, 10:14 PM
are you sure you dont have a level 10 bolt?? take your bolt out and if it has a hole in the middle part. the part that goes into the power tube. you have a level 10 bolt and you need the level 10 spacers. the one with the o ring on it along with some shims that go on top of that.

Trogdor151
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
You might have a Lev10. One easy to check would be to look at the power tube tip. If it has a slot going through the center then you have a lev 7. If it doesnt and looks like a nut with a whole in the center then you have the lev 10. Something you might want to check if you have the lev 10 is check the backing washer. Make sure that you have yours or it isnt missing. I had a similar problem and turns out that I was missing the backing washer. I will include a link to a picture that you can reference to.

Lev 10 Diagram (http://automags.org/pic/img/lvl10/lvl10_5.jpg)

Parts List:

1. Backing washer
2. Power tube o-ring
3. Carrier O-ring
4. Carrier
5. Shims
6. Power tube O-ring
7. Power tube tip
8. Superbolt
9. Main spring

boarder032
06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
No, my powertube tip has the slotted tip and looks nothing like the diagram. I just put in the new sear for the hell of it and none of the spacers work to fix the leak still. The only thing i haven't done is been able to take apart that piece that you take apart right after the powertube o-ring where it goes to the larger metal cylinder. Tom Kayne does it in the videos but mine won't come off. It's supposed to have some sort of spring and o'ring or something in there.

boarder032
06-07-2007, 11:42 PM
It's called the air chamber
I just realized that i can unscrew the front of it slightly and the leaking gets worse, but all the way tight does not seal it and I can't get it all the way off.

Help!

athomas
06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
You mean the front and back half of the valve or do you mean the powertube unscrewing off the front of the chamber. The front does not come off the valve. If it does then you need to remove it, clean it and apply some loctite and put it back together. Its not meant to come off.