PDA

View Full Version : At a crossroads

LeadBasedPaint
01-06-2002, 06:08 PM
I am at a crossroads. I am trying to decide what regulator to get. I can't decide between the Stablizer and the Maxflow. Which one will keep out liquid co2 better? Does the Stablizer have a filter? That is one big plus with the maxflow: it will keep the dirt out of my gun. Also, what do I have to do to make my mag low presure? I was reading somewhere that the Shocker and the Impulse work work so well on co2 is because liquid co2 can't even exist at thier opperating presure. What would it take to get my gun at this level? My biggest concern though is keeping liquid and dirt out of my gun.

personman
01-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Stabilizer is supposed to work the best with co2, cause, Im pretty sure I have heard this somewhere, Glenn Palmer uses co2 himself.. Im not sure, but anyhow, the Stabilizer is supposed to be awesome with co2.. I was going to get one for my Tippy, but I ended up with a Mag.. lol

LeadBasedPaint
01-06-2002, 06:32 PM
I know the stablizer is excellent with co2, but i'm wondering if it filters, and if it does low preasure.

personman
01-06-2002, 06:36 PM
You can order low pressure if you specify to them that you want lp.. Im not quite sure if its filters or not.

LeadBasedPaint
01-06-2002, 06:48 PM
What do you have to do to make the mag lp?

Tim Jacobitz
01-06-2002, 07:42 PM
no all tell truth the stableizer rocks, but it has nothing on th maxflo. I own both and have used both on many guns and the maxflo always out performes. With out a doubt get the max flo

LeadBasedPaint
01-06-2002, 09:06 PM
So the max flow will keep out liquid even at high presures? Also, nobody has said how to make a minimag low presure.

Tim Jacobitz
01-06-2002, 10:30 PM
yes the maxflo will keep up even with an insane rate of fire. it is well worth the money. As for a low pressure mag it is not fesible. a mag is a high pressure gun by nature. you will never make it low pressure like pursay a cocker. I am cuoris why do you want to make it lp? shooting co2 you should have many many shots per bottle

LeadBasedPaint
01-07-2002, 05:41 PM
I wanted to go lp because I read that with low enough presures liquid co2 can't exist. But if the reg will keep it out on its own then I won't need it anyway. Thats good.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-08-2002, 03:31 PM
ok so you want a 150 psi mag....well...you cant sorry but mags were desighned as hpa guns agd says 800 or so psi input pressure and ive heard storys of 550 psi guns lurking abought(i think its a bit sus)but thats on nitro..as for co2 if you run a remote and expansion chamber you will have nexto no problems..i ran my mag for years doing it(ok i also put a bob long reg after the expansion chamber then ran the remote off the reg)and it was cool only YOU WILL GET SHOOT DOWN WITH CO2...even shockers do..hope this helps
BEEFY.

[NA]WARLORD
01-08-2002, 05:40 PM
BEEFY is right, run an expansion chamber and a remote, this the best way and the least expensive. Also if you want to run tank to gun try a anti-sypon tube and a palmers stabilizer to regulate the incomming presure, but tank has to be mounted vertical or at an angle for it to work. Lastly, www.proteamproducts.com has an inline filter for the mag but it sometimes restricts air flow, but i never had a problem with them in the past....