PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

slipshod
05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Hello, this is my first post on AO, even though I have read it off and on for 5 years :)

I am getting back into the game after going on a break for a few years, and I want to get into pump play. I would like to just take my old SFL cocker and put a CCM kit on it, but I was wondering if an actual CCM pump is that much better?

Second question. I plan on selling all my old gear in the future on ebay. A few years ago, I was planning on having custom work done on my emag, and bought an un-annoed karta body and rail. I still have the body and rail, un-annoed. Im aware that they are not being made at this time due to slugs not being made. About how much should I sell the karta for?

mag_lover05
05-16-2007, 10:56 PM
About how much should I sell the karta for?

sevral hundred. dont they go for like 400?

robnix
05-16-2007, 10:56 PM
A few years ago, I was planning on having custom work done on my emag, and bought an un-annoed karta body and rail. I still have the body and rail, un-annoed. Im aware that they are not being made at this time due to slugs not being made. About how much should I sell the karta for?

About 100 slugs just got made for people here, it's going to run everyone around $425.00-$450.00 to get a rail and the milling done if they want Karta's.

Ninjeff
05-16-2007, 11:56 PM
if you decide to maybe sell your emag. Maybe you should let me know. ;)

Pneumagger
05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
#1) The "CCM" kits do seem to be much better if you plan on tuning the marker for low pressure (inline reg, springs, etc). If you are not tuning for LP, then it will probably just end up feeling like any random pump kit.

#2) $350 should be about right for the karta set for 2 reasons - It's unanodized and anybody recently willing to have paid $450 for a set just went out and bought a $100 slug. Get it anodized and then perhaps you could go and charge $400+ for it to those unwilling to wait for thier slug to be milled.

onedude36
05-17-2007, 01:25 AM
You meant CCM's kit on another cocker, as opposed to just buying a new CCM pump marker? I prefer regular cockers to the series 6 guns. They are lighter, but they just dont feel right. I like my 2k2 sniper and my oldschool twister cocker better. I really liked the .45 framed ss-25 though..