Which has a faster recharge rate?
Looking at classic valves only.
-reactor on/off
-Phase II (half moon)
-8 Hole mod
-Something else???

steiner79
05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
rt on/off in a classic with holes inlarged and over sized pin electrician did something like that on a post here and achieved 20 bps i think

here it is
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=197572

Spider-TW
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
There are several threads on AO, including some references to Tom K. about how the 8 hole mod, or any porting in that area , doesn't do much if anything for recharge rate. The bottle neck is in the on/off path, upstream of that area.

Dover
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
i"ve been playing since 1994, had a Mag since 1996. I heard about and looked into lots of upgrades for the back half of the A.I.R. valve

Basically adding more holes seems to make sense, but it seems that the stainless steel mods out there (8-hole mod / Charger / SmartMag / etc.) doesn't really make a difference

But if you use the out-of-production Diamond Labs "Hurricane" mod, it drops the weight like a B-17 over Germany. It was available in black anodized Aluminum, and blue colored Titanium.

It's the on/off, the length, width, and assembly that makes it not only really light to pull but also "reactive" in terms of pushing back on the trigger.

However, in terms of pure speed, I heard from AGD sources (VCR videotape) that the stock A.I.R. valve can recharge in excess of 20 cycles per second. It was widely thought that the introduction of Airgun Design's AutoMag design was the end of the AutoCocker, but instead sparked a great rivalry that is unmatched to this day.

The ReTro valve is supposed to cycle above 23+ bps, I saw video on AGD/s website ( www.airgun.com ) of Mags shooting full-auto at 30 bps, one was fed by a HALO and had no shoot-down or chops (LX!)

Never had a problem with the Mag shooting rate, it was trigger pull that made me buy it; I could not pull a slider 'Cocker frame to save my life as I let go of the trigger as soon as the 'Cocker fired, so it would miss-feed and chop...

Problem is, you gotta feed paint fast enough, but a better idea is to install the Level 10 Anti-Chop Bolt, I have a review at www.PbReview.com it's so easy on paint I didn't chop all day with Nelson rec paint!

flyingpootang
05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I did 20 bps Xmod emag lowers with a Classis valve, a RT on/off & a .750 pin. No mods to the valve.

maglover728
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
It has been posted here, but long since burried, that the classic vlaves are susposed to be able to do 13-15 pbs without any shoot down. Just an FYI thing :ninja:

flyingpootang
05-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Search the Tech Forums under hyperframe. I think the poster was Hitech he had a video ofhis HyperFrame doing 20bps with a stock classic valve.

Papa_Smurf
05-18-2007, 12:02 AM
thanks guys! huge help as always!

Dover
05-18-2007, 12:57 PM
:cheers: Oh yeah, shows AO > everyone else (even PbNation) :dance: Share the love baby! :shooting: Mags rock! :headbang: