PDA

View Full Version : Pro Team Products Has Micromags Bodies in stock for 5 More Minutes

matteusz
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey all. I caught wind that PTP has some micro's they were planning on doing some final special edition with and so I emailed them. Turns out they have a few now old stock bodies that they thought were lost for good in stock and they are selling them off on a first come first serve basis.

I hassled Forest for a price quote and found out they are a bit too much for my strained paintball account right now and so I said I would pass on the news in order to help him sell them. He will make you a great package deal on a body kit. The best part is they have Theaded Feednecks and come with a pantented PTP clamping feedneck. Here is a bit of the emails in which he gave me details. For a custom body that needs no rail <200$ sounded great I just can't talk myself into having the fire sale I would need to in order to afford it.

QUOTE:

We were planning to do a special edition for the last 10 that we have (the bodies went missing between the machine shop and assembly, and everyone was convinced that they were at the "other" facility - they turned up a few months ago at the shop and we've been trying to figure out what to do...). At this point we've had so much interest that we've decided to just work with people like yourself that have made inquiries recently. These are the "standard" vertical feed Micromag 2000's. The feed necks are threaded with WGP threads and we are providing either a high or low collet system (our patented one...) as part of the body kit. We have some of the bodies going in for matte black ano tomorrow, and there will still be a few bodies available raw if that's a better option. Now that we've decided to actually release them this way, they'll probably all be gone by the end of next week just because of word of mouth. We have a few "Micro only" accessories that we can package with them, although we are limited with some colors - if you are going with a raw body and would strip the parts it wouldn't be an issue to begin with, but we can probably still match up enough matte black parts to match most configurations. If you can give me an idea of your preference(s) I'll be able to work the pricing for you.

Some options:

1. Body only (includes detent arm, collet system, threaded sear pin) raw or matte black
2. Single or double trigger (Benchmark RT Pro style)
3. Vertical Fore grip "non-gas thru" with Twist lock barrel plug (one piece - nice! - hollow base accepts the benchmark Twist Lock barrel plug - if you don't remember it: this barrel plug was HOT in the day - polished aluminum - locks and unlocks with a twist - sold for $15 - $20 - included at no charge..) Still have some left in matte black - plug would be a bright color.
4. Vertical Fore grip "gas thru" - colors limited to high polish Ultra Black and Ultra Nickel (one I think..)
5. Vertical ASA - I need to check on these - I can't remember if we have none left OR if they are all nickel... - We have Benchmark screw-in fore grips and "mini" fore grips that look good.

Working these options into "packages" is a better way to give you a really good deal. Certain Micro parts will only go out with these kits (we were originally going to "load them up") and we would just as soon see more complete kits go out this way.

Regards,

Forest

end Quote

When he last emailed me he had five left. If someone feels bad for me not being able to afford one and wants to buy my stuff you can find a new sale thread coming up in the misc. section. Whoever gets these should at least post pics. Sweet machines.

matteusz
05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
I think I have a cocker-threaded Scepter Kit. E-mail me if you are interested at rogue@roguesportz.com

Thanks!

Ok I will. Also for those interested the email for PTP is: sales@proteamproducts.com

Tell him mat sent you please.

Madmarx
05-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Email sent to ptp
We'll see if I get a reply or not.

maglover728
05-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Cool, I will have to call Forest in the morning. Thanks for the heads up.

SummaryJudgement
05-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Forest!

I contacted monts ago when he was recovering from some serious illness about this exact thing. He said he would dig around and look for me, but I never heard back from him after repeated e-mails.

So, are these micros just standard vert bodies? Is there anything different or special about them? I did read the description and other than they have never left the factory, they seem like the same old micros just "new".

Am I missing something?

matteusz
05-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Forest!

I contacted monts ago when he was recovering from some serious illness about this exact thing. He said he would dig around and look for me, but I never heard back from him after repeated e-mails.

So, are these micros just standard vert bodies? Is there anything different or special about them? I did read the description and other than they have never left the factory, they seem like the same old micros just "new".

Am I missing something?

Threaded feed necks. PTP patented collet feednecks installed.

matteusz
05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Up for Rouge being awesome and selling me his scepter kit. Thanks man I have really been looking high and low for a reasonable deal on one. Only a few kits left hurry buy them and post pics so I can be jealous.

going_home
05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Up for Rouge being awesome and selling me his scepter kit. Thanks man I have really been looking high and low for a reasonable deal on one. Only a few kits left hurry buy them and post pics so I can be jealous.

I called and emailed them 6:30 tonight EST.
We'll see if they respond.
;)

Madmarx
05-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Forest got back to me in a day.

going_home
05-19-2007, 05:15 PM
I just got the email response from him.
I didnt expect a response till monday or so.
I got one on the way. Thanks !
;)

going_home
06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Got my package today from PTP.
The note from Forest said the threaded collet system feedneck is still being anodized and will be sent directly.
He did include an old (seems too long for the marker) Armson barrel and an Armson barrel bag , thanks Forest for send those !.
The gas thru is gloss not dust so that needs to be fixed but the biggest problem
is theres no hole for a macro fitting on the opposite side so I can use my reverse Xvalve.

Any suggestions on who to contact to get the other side bored and threaded ? :confused:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0005-2.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0004-4.jpg

StygShore
06-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Look.... its the style body my machinist trashed in the mill...

I told ya they had cocker thraded feeds on em RR :) even if it was only 10 of them

Styg

nmib
06-08-2007, 05:23 PM
so when is that going up on ebay?

chill will
06-09-2007, 12:27 AM
ha :rofl:

Captain Paintball
06-09-2007, 01:05 AM
I received one of the recent 'last of the bunch' micromag bodies and a benchmark grip from Pro Team Products today in the mail, and I can not get it to work.

I took apart my old mag--I had an "old style" trigger frame with the grooves, and emag rail, and a ULE body. I took the trigger assembly (forgive me if I don't know the correct terms for these pieces, I am a mag novice) off of the old rail and tried to put it in the Micromag body--it wouldn't fit!!! It was too thick for the oval cutout.

So I grabbed an ancient Proline"autoresponse" grip, took out the trigger assembly, and it seemed to fit. I installed the valve, tightened up the screws, aired it up, and...nothing.

What do you guys think is the problem? Do I need to buy an RT trigger assembly...This autoresponse trigger fits, but it may not be catching/enagaing the valve. Am I right? I have had a miserable week at work, and I'd like to get this working by Sunday, so I can at least forget about the last 5 days, you knwwhat I mean? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

PS: The old emag rail's cutout is a slight zig-zag/oval, but this micromag is an oval-ish shape with half of the cutout only milled through. Is this supposed to be like this? Is that what is preventing the full movement of the trigger?

MANN
06-09-2007, 02:07 AM

I told ya they had cocker thraded feeds on em RR :) even if it was only 10 of them

Styg

ROFL. Yep you said it was threaded. I tried for hours to unscrew mine, and no dice. hopefully they still have one left.

SpecialBlend2786
06-09-2007, 04:43 AM

Styg

The one I had a few years ago had a cocker threaded feed also, nobody (or at least a few people) believed me so I had to take these pics..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/SpecialBlend2786/Paintball/DSC00002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/SpecialBlend2786/Paintball/DSC00001.jpg

I still kick myself for selling it.

MANN
06-09-2007, 06:03 AM
so the whole feedneck is not removable?

going_home
06-09-2007, 08:30 AM
I received one of the recent 'last of the bunch' micromag bodies and a benchmark grip from Pro Team Products today in the mail, and I can not get it to work.

I took apart my old mag--I had an "old style" trigger frame with the grooves, and emag rail, and a ULE body. I took the trigger assembly (forgive me if I don't know the correct terms for these pieces, I am a mag novice) off of the old rail and tried to put it in the Micromag body--it wouldn't fit!!! It was too thick for the oval cutout.

So I grabbed an ancient Proline"autoresponse" grip, took out the trigger assembly, and it seemed to fit. I installed the valve, tightened up the screws, aired it up, and...nothing.

What do you guys think is the problem? Do I need to buy an RT trigger assembly...This autoresponse trigger fits, but it may not be catching/enagaing the valve. Am I right? I have had a miserable week at work, and I'd like to get this working by Sunday, so I can at least forget about the last 5 days, you knwwhat I mean? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

PS: The old emag rail's cutout is a slight zig-zag/oval, but this micromag is an oval-ish shape with half of the cutout only milled through. Is this supposed to be like this? Is that what is preventing the full movement of the trigger?

I had to remove the rail bushing from the Intelliframe, the hole in the Micromag rail wasnt
big enough.. Thats the first thing I think you are asking.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=92

If you look around on that site you can figure out what the names of the parts
you are having problems with are.

The second thing, it sounds like you arent getting the sear extension into the right
spot in the trigger frame when you are putting it onto the body/rail.
The Benchmark frames, especially the double triggers, the sear extension must slide
into a specific spot or it wont operate the trigger.

Maybe you can post some pics ;)

RRfireblade
06-09-2007, 09:41 AM

Styg

I knew there were some built , I just didn't think any had escaped. ;)

going_home
06-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Anyone know where I can get a good clamping feedneck for the Micromag 2000 ?
Something besides a collet type (twist lock).
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0001-5.jpg

Captain Paintball
06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
going home--Thank you for your reply. The RT sear is too thick for the groove, even if I take out the bushing! Now this "autoresponse" sear fits inside, because it is thinner, but it isn't the same exact shape as the RT, which may mean it doesn't engage the valve/etc. I will try and get pics taken today.

matteusz
06-10-2007, 07:44 AM
going home--Thank you for your reply. The RT sear is too thick for the groove, even if I take out the bushing! Now this "autoresponse" sear fits inside, because it is thinner, but it isn't the same exact shape as the RT, which may mean it doesn't engage the valve/etc. I will try and get pics taken today.

Micro's take a classic sear. The RT sear will not work with the unibody design. That is why your autoresponse will work. It has a classic sear. You may have a bolt stick problem that is preventing you from firing the marker. Those autoresponse frames require a well tuned gun. Once they get going they really rock but you have to have things set right for them to work well.

going_home
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok almost a finished product now. Only thing left is to get some more black macro
fittings from http://www.macrolineguy.com .

One of the long lost Pro Team Products Micromag 2000 bodies and gas thru foregrip.
Redz Cam Lock feedneck. Reverse Xvalve with ULT. Bob Long guage. Intelliframe.
CP asa on/off. Freak barrel.
Thanks to Rainman on the MCB forum for tapping another hole in the gas thru foregrip
and anodizing the foregrip and barrel dust black.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0006-2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0005-5.jpg

Dark Side
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
So how long before it hits Ebay?

Dark Side
06-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Don't worry. I've made it a point to bypass your auctions. Especially for parts that can be readily found here for far less. Plus that $200 assembly fee of yours.

matteusz
06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Don't worry. I've made it a point to bypass your auctions. Especially for parts that can be readily found here for far less. Plus that $200 assembly fee of yours.

Would you two please take your mutual disdain to PB nation.

BTW I caved and decided to get the last micro body. Now to sell enough so that I can afford it. Hmmmmm

Skeeter
06-24-2007, 09:54 AM
QFT!!!

custar
07-02-2007, 09:47 AM
BTW I caved and decided to get the last micro body. Now to sell enough so that I can afford it. Hmmmmm

Will we see that at D-Day '08?

custar

matteusz
07-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Will we see that at D-Day '08?

custar

Hard to say. Being a gun buying selling addict and almost never satisfied . . . the project may not even be complete by then. Or if it is it may not still be mine.

Madmarx
07-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Isn't she cute?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/MadMarx1/Micromag.jpg

going_home
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Isn't she cute?

Sweet as Tupelo honey !

:clap:

going_home
07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Final finished product . :)

One of ten PTP Micromag bodies .
Reverse Xvalve with ULT .
Black macro fittings.
Freak barrel.
Redz Cam Lock feedneck, and Redz rail/asa with system bleed,
to continue the red pepper theme.
Intelliframe with DyeSticky3 grips.
Bob Long gauge.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0002-7.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0001-9.jpg

Cant wait to play with it later in July .

:bounce:

matteusz
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Final finished product . :)

One of ten PTP Micromag bodies .
Reverse Xvalve with ULT .
Black macro fittings.
Freak barrel.
Redz Cam Lock feedneck, and Redz rail/asa with system bleed,
to continue the red pepper theme.
Intelliframe with DyeSticky3 grips.
Bob Long gauge.

Cant wait to play with it later in July .

:bounce:

I love the black fittings. Really slick looking gun. Sucks that you basically have to have the whole thing reanod to get uniform coloring. But a nice package that will I am sure be fun to shoot.

Isn't she cute?

Love the red theme. Nice that you have lots of limited editionstuff on there.

Now to get mine in and together. I'm gonna go check the mail.