PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Board Upgrade

G Squat
05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
I've seen people say they have their hyperframe t-boarded or predator boarded. How much effort is it to make these boards work with the hyper? Is it plug 'n play? I'm gettin' a hyperframe but dont have any experience with them. Fill me in.

flyingpootang
05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Here is a post on bigevilonline.com on installing a predII board in a Hyper Frame and mine with a WAS board. I just installed a Spyder T-Board version C into my A4 Angel. It's almost a drop in for a Hyper Frame. With a L10 bolt you don't need eyes, doyou don't need to drill into your body. You can mount your board with hot glue and drill the eye button under the power button hole. You also have to mount a 3 position on/off switch. I think the plexi window maybe a possible place. The T-board instructions has a wiring diagram. The 3 position switch is wired the same on the board's on/off/trigger plug. Top to top middle to middle & bottom to bottom on the first 3 of the 5 pins.

http://bigevilonline.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=450

commrad
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
I put a t board in mine, you HAVE to cut the board or mill/ grind your frame for it to fit. as far as the on off switch i mounted mine right above my thumb (left side of gun) made a slot in the grip then contoured it so i could get my finger in to the switch which is mounted to the frame (no wires moving around when i take the grip off like with the plexi mounted switches).

your gona have to drill a hole for the eye button in your frame and mill/ grind a little plastic off the inside of the grip for a really good fit.

if you don't want a switch, just on when the battery is hooked up and off when it's not, get a jumper from a computer main board, hard drive or cd drive and plug it where there power switch plugs in, it's how i ran mine for a while.

you all so need to trim the button down some or it sticks way out of the frame (if you can even get it in).

if you need any help just let me know.
oh yeah, if you don't have a clue how circuit boards work, don't go cutting the corner off and destroying your new t board.

unless you mill the surface the board mounts against the hole for the eye button is NOT directly under the bottom button on your frame. it's about half way to the grip (left side).

if you want me to send pics of the way i did mine or need some help pm me

nevtangle
05-18-2007, 11:12 AM
It's really not that hard if you have some basic electronics and soldering experience.

I was really surprised how easy it was. Adjusting the settings on the Pred boards takes a little getting used to but after that...

I still have to find a good place to mount the switch, but it's functional for now.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/40000/DSC03120_rs.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/40994.html)

G Squat
05-18-2007, 12:49 PM
:rofl: Its funny you should mention soldering experience. I burn through about 2 lbs of solder every day of my life. I manage a stained glass store. I'm not looking to install eyes, just a better board. So its pretty simple huh? Ha, if I go for it and run into problems, I'll remeber your name. Btw, my gun looks oddly like yours. - the red parts and the foregrip, prettymuch exact.

ps.. where would be the best place to look for a predator board?

nevtangle
05-18-2007, 02:08 PM
:rofl: Its funny you should mention soldering experience. I burn through about 2 lbs of solder every day of my life. I manage a stained glass store. I'm not looking to install eyes, just a better board. So its pretty simple huh? Ha, if I go for it and run into problems, I'll remeber your name. Btw, my gun looks oddly like yours. - the red parts and the foregrip, prettymuch exact.

ps.. where would be the best place to look for a predator board?

Yeah if you can solder and wire up components, no problem!

I ordered my mini morlock directly from tag. They just started putting more of them out.

Also, I had a rough time finding a smaller capacitor with the same values as the stock HF cap. You could snip the one off the stock board, but I didn't want to. I ended up buying a super cap, which is a smaller size but the same values, and I think it's what the HyperFrame used. I found a few locally but they were too big. This is what I ended up getting. http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G4417

If you do have to order one check the dimensions on this link for the size.

Good Luck...

G Squat
05-20-2007, 11:18 AM
So, say I want to get a predator board for my hyper. Obviously they dont make boards for hyperframes, so what kind of board do I get? Who would I contact to install if I didnt want to do it myself?

nevtangle
05-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I ordered my mini morlock directly from tag. They just started putting more of them out.

Good Luck...

;)