PDA

View Full Version : AGD - AutomagRT service

Jasper21
05-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I purchased an original Automag RT serial number in the mid-400s.

Is it worth the $65 to have AGD check it out and service it or should I just order the o-ring kit and go through it myself? I have never worked on a marker before, but there are a lot of online resources. Mechanical systems don't bother me a bit, my other hobby is rebuilding and modifying Rugers.

I am just wondering is there anything AGD will do or look for that an average person can't do? Also, how do I tell what "level" bolt I have in the marker?

flyingpootang
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Rebuild it is easy just make shure you use a little lube them before you put the o-rings on. If you have a L10 bolt it will have a hollow stem extending out of the back of the bolt.

Tao
05-18-2007, 12:32 AM
I purchased an original Automag RT serial number in the mid-400s.

Is it worth the $65 to have AGD check it out and service it or should I just order the o-ring kit and go through it myself? I have never worked on a marker before, but there are a lot of online resources. Mechanical systems don't bother me a bit, my other hobby is rebuilding and modifying Rugers.

I am just wondering is there anything AGD will do or look for that an average person can't do? Also, how do I tell what "level" bolt I have in the marker?

Well what is covered under the AGD "star" warranty program is easy to fix with a parts kit. if there is anything drastically wrong you will have to pay over and above punching a star. The AGD website has a link to the RT tech video http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/2533.html Buy a parts kit and go through the video is what I would do.

You will mostlikely have a level 7 bolt. If you put a paintball halfway into the breach and fire the gun a level 7 bolt will make it explode, a level 10 will bounce off or crack it slightly. Just keep your fingers out of there :P

p.s. what is wrong with it?

Jasper21
05-18-2007, 07:07 AM
I don't think anything s majorly wrong. The previous owner baought a new marker and let this one sit for a year. The low pressure gage on the regulator is bad and some of the seals look like they have some wear, i.e. missing material in some areas like scraping (on the barrel seals) and some of the other seals look like they might have been allowed to dry out a little.

Just being cautious. I guess the best thing to do would be to charge the bottle and see if there are any leaks, but I want to make sure I won't have any failures while I'm using it.

athomas
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't use the stars. There usually isn't anything that can't be fixed by the user. The stars should only be used to correct problems caused by defects in the valve. This rarely happens. Most of the time mags can be fixed with a simple cleaning and new orings.

maglover728
05-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Soap, Water, and a rebuild kit. Thats about all you should need.