PDA

View Full Version : TAC air options

subneural
05-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Howdy everyone, first off I just wanted to say this is great community. Second, I'm ticked off because you are making it way to easy for me to spend a lot of dough on a new tac-one!

I'm a dedicated mech player. I'm still running with my first ever marker, a nicely tuned Tippmann 98cp. However I find the 98cp to be a little heavy and a little long - maybe I'm just outgrowing it. After looking at other mech options - mainly the 'cocker trilogy line - I think that the tac-one is the marker for me. As such, I had a couple of questions for the folks who already have a tac:

o What did you do for your ASA? Did you order your tac with the ASA installed from AGD, or did you install your own afterwards?

o Did you direct-mount your ASA to frame, or did you opt for a rail?

o Did you run your airlines through the foregrip & why?

o Since I'll be switching from co2 to HPA, what is an appropriately sized-tank to provide ~750 shots per fill (assuming 250fps)?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my noobish questions. One more thing - I'm located in Canada, and I haven't found any mag dealers up here. For any other Canucks who've ordered from AGD, how bad were the customs charges? I paid about 30% duty to have a Palmers Pursuit reg clear the border :( and I'd hate to pay another 30% on a $600 'mag.

TIA

peeeto
05-18-2007, 08:53 AM
hiya, i just recently upgraded from a stock 98c. i love it, but was expecting to be able to tune the reactive trigger to be more like Tippman's RT - i don't believe you can, unless you spend more $ on a good, high output tank reg. i like it fine where i have it right now, but i'm still playing around with it to make it more to my liking...

i might strongly suggest that you try one out before buying (my new motto for paintball, as i'm trying to reign-in my spending as of late ;) )

as to your questions:

i actually went remote directly to the valve and have not looked back. last time i played, i suprised myself by one-handedly shooting at someone while i was running through the woods... not that i got them or anything... it just suprised me though because i didn't think that was something i'd even be able to do, and as i thought about it afterwards, the marker felt so very light and balanced, it was a no-effort, no-thought kind of thing... (sorry i'm rambling - coffe hasn't kicked in yet)

with my 98c, i used the tank as a shoulder rest, so i was used to having something there. with my TacOne, i bought a folding stock from JCS (http://www.bp-usa.com/big_product_pics/66190.jpg), which works really well for me.

overall, very very happy with it. BTW, anyone want to buy a used 98c?

Badmovies.org
05-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I tend to like a 68/4500 mounted on the marker. You get enough shots from it and it is not too heavy. However, if you are going remote you could use whatever size you wanted (when I ran on a remote I had an 88/4500).

Here is a picture of my marker, a MiniTac Pro:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2352594&postcount=2233
That is a 68/4500 tank with an AGD Flatline regulator

Now, with my drop forward it does put my wrist at an angle that is a bit uncomfortable. I could solve that with a Y-grip. The reason I went with the drop forward, vice a direct rail drop that puts it in a more comfortable postion when using a 45 gripframe, is that I was going for the most compact package I could.

If you go for a screw-in tank on the marker, I definitely suggest a on/off ASA. The CP one always served me well.