PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think of this design

jay8541
05-19-2007, 12:54 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/jay8541/stormwalk_v2_jaya.jpghttp://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/jay8541/batery_pack_assembly_jay_a.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/jay8541/batery_pack_assembly_jay.jpg

Just throwing this out there to see what you think, someone asked me to draw it so let me know thanks

This will allow you to use an Airwalk based trigger frame with an emag battery pack. the battery pack mounts the same as the Emag ones do.

now if you want to use the battery pack as a gas through you can just slide the piece in to the pack and we will tap the Air taps through the battery pack in to the piece. it will have 4 air ports 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.

Again you can just mount the battery pack with nothing in it or you can use it as a gas through for grip

Pneumagger
05-19-2007, 01:47 PM
cool design... it's compatile with the AGD packs then?

and I need your address ;)

going_home
05-19-2007, 02:37 PM
If you are going to do that, then give the option of replacing your existing Emag frame
with this upgraded (and hopefully lighter) one.
In other words using your existing battery pack and Emag internals/electronics etc. with it.
Or a custom made battery case that can accept they buyers battery.
Just sayin.....
;)

SummaryJudgement
05-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Looks good! If it is compatible with the AGD batts, how will power be transferred to a board? Just curious. Also, are there channels in the frame for wires to run internally to work with another battery type?

Good looking design, especially for the fact that you can use it to house a battery OR use it as a gas thru :D

Warwitch
05-19-2007, 04:17 PM
If you are going to do that, then give the option of replacing your existing Emag frame
In other words using your existing battery pack and Emag internals/electronics etc. with it.
Just sayin.....
;)

What he said. That would sell like hotcakes if you were able to replace the anvil-like E-mag frame. But please, mill that snatch grip :nono:

splat15k
05-19-2007, 09:41 PM
It looks nice and all, but is there really a market for this product when you've already produced the Stormwalk frame?

My biggest gripe (read constructive criticism) is that it doesn't look like a mag pump kit ;)

ProblemKinder
05-19-2007, 11:42 PM
It looks nice and all, but is there really a market for this product when you've already produced the Stormwalk frame?

My biggest gripe (read constructive criticism) is that it doesn't look like a mag pump kit ;)

ouch :mad:

neppo1345
05-20-2007, 12:36 AM
This will allow you to use an Airwalk based trigger frame with an emag battery pack.

Can someone please explain the advantage of this?

zazzoo
05-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Just sayin.....
;)
I actually love this idea
great thinking :cheers:

jay8541
05-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Looks good! If it is compatible with the AGD batts, how will power be transferred to a board? Just curious. Also, are there channels in the frame for wires to run internally to work with another battery type?

Good looking design, especially for the fact that you can use it to house a battery OR use it as a gas thru :D

It is for A Mechanical marker only you will not be able to use it as an emag sorry i did not specify that in my original post. Either way you use it, it is Mechanical only

jay8541
05-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Im trying to figure out how you plan on using the pack as a Gas-thru. I dont see any holes in the pack that would allow air lines to be attached to the Air Tap internal piece.

Itd be cool to see a working prototype first. That would make it easier to visualize how it would work.

I did not put the holes in the pack, if someone wanted to use this as a gag through,that peice that i have shown that slides into the pack would not have the air ports in it either. the part would slide in and then the holes would be tapped through the battery pack and into the peice.

Though the air hole through the center of the piece that would connect all the 1/8 tapped holes would be pre drilled and pluged at the bottom

jay8541
05-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Just sayin.....
;)

I see what you are saying and that is an excellent point.

We went with this design to make it strickly Mechanical with a little style and not so much weight.

If everyone wants an emag replacement option we can look into that as well that just gets a bit more complicated

jay8541
05-20-2007, 10:08 AM

Ah I see patiently awaiting the pump kit are we well we are alomst done with the pump handles if it makes you happy. Just revisiting our initial idea of doing it all aluminum. the Handles are all aluminum but we are debating on doing the rest in delrin to avoid metal on metal rubbing.

as far as a market for what i posted in this thread, do i think so no but I have had 1or 2 inquiries so I posted it.

The storm walks will be started this coming week, and will be hopefully done on 3 weeks time depending on my schedule but it looks good

jay8541
05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Can someone please explain the advantage of this?

I drew this up for some one who wanted to be able to use his battery pack in the front , he liked the storm walk design but wanted to use what he already had. As far as an advantage it allows you to have a nice looking trigger frame and a gas through fore grip hidden by the battery pack. Some people like the idea of a milsim looking marker and others do not.

splat15k
05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I was wondering if the insert could be used in existing battery packs, or will it be CI pack-fit only?

Warwitch
05-21-2007, 05:07 PM
I see what you are saying and that is an excellent point.

We went with this design to make it strickly Mechanical with a little style and not so much weight.

If everyone wants an emag replacement option we can look into that as well that just gets a bit more complicated

There are already a ton of mech options for mag owners. Especially with the surge in popularity in using other manufact. frames (Angels, DMs, etc.)

We E-owners need a viable option that dosent require us to Frankenstein our markers. Until somebody starts mass-production of a smaller, dedicated board we are pretty much out of luck. And of course those that want it mech will always have the option.

Build it, and they will buy :cheers:

Code Name : Cthulhu
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
If you built one for the E-Mag internals I would buy one.

StygShore
05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Agreed, if emag internals were drop in, then you would have some interested buyers, but there are already mech frames like that...

I would also suggest opening the trigger guard up all the way - where it slants down and back near the battery pack, make it go straight down to have a huge trigger guard for people with bear sized hands...

Styg

robnix
05-22-2007, 03:50 PM
If you built one for the E-Mag internals I would buy one.

Or one that would let you drop in a T-Board.

going_home
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Agreed, if emag internals were drop in, then you would have some interested buyers, but there are already mech frames like that...

I would also suggest opening the trigger guard up all the way - where it slants down and back near the battery pack, make it go straight down to have a huge trigger guard for people with bear sized hands...

Styg

There are already a ton of mech options for mag owners. Especially with the surge in popularity in using other manufact. frames (Angels, DMs, etc.)

We E-owners need a viable option that dosent require us to Frankenstein our markers. Until somebody starts mass-production of a smaller, dedicated board we are pretty much out of luck. And of course those that want it mech will always have the option.

Thats what I thought this was, an upgrade for Emags.
Its something that really hasnt been done, so I was like...yeah...thats what I'm talking about.
;)

jay8541
05-24-2007, 05:11 AM
I was wondering if the insert could be used in existing battery packs, or will it be CI pack-fit only?

I just drew that pack up so i could use it as a refferance you can use any batt pack

jay8541
05-24-2007, 05:15 AM

Ok as soon as the pump kits are done i will look into doing an electro frame. There is a couple replace ment options for the emag boards that we can work with

jay8541
05-24-2007, 05:18 AM

Styg

good idea i do sometimes forget about people with shrek sized hands :) sounds good as it seems there is more interest in an electro frame as you said an emag replacement i will have to look into that thank you

Empyreal Rogue
05-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Ok as soon as the pump kits are done i will look into doing an electro frame. There is a couple replace ment options for the emag boards that we can work with

Dammit, and I JUST jumped into a deal to buy some E-Mag lowers. Oh well!

Warwitch
05-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, any idea of how it will stack up against the weight of Emag lowers?

And I agree with Styg. I would open the triggerguard as much as possible. I have medium hands but I like to wear gloves and many guards are too tight for me.

Last but not least, I guess Im the only one that dosent dig the snatch grip. Just extra weight to me but nothing major.

jay8541
05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, any idea of how it will stack up against the weight of Emag lowers?

And I agree with Styg. I would open the triggerguard as much as possible. I have medium hands but I like to wear gloves and many guards are too tight for me.

Last but not least, I guess Im the only one that dosent dig the snatch grip. Just extra weight to me but nothing major.

no problem man we will make it as light as possible when we do it, No Snatch for Warwitch :D

mag_lover05
05-24-2007, 07:15 PM
hey jay, i know it doesnt pertain to this thread, but i would also like a pump kit...

mostpeople
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
you shoudl make more airwalks...

... just a thought :P

Madmarx
05-25-2007, 05:35 AM
How about this in a more vert style similar to the chimera?
E-mag styling with vert'ish frame would be sweet!

Warwitch
05-25-2007, 07:41 AM
No Snatch for Warwitch :D

Whoah, hold on there fella' Nobody said anything about doing away with snatch alltogether :cry: :rofl:

turbo chicken
05-25-2007, 08:18 AM

^^^I like this guy ... If Jay says they will come then they will come. Things with more interest and probably more profit (what little there is to make) are probably taking presidence.

What I decided to do in the interum is get a Pug that I can sell easily later to get the kits that he will eventually make ... my heart is still chasing the pump mag but i want to be able to camo splash the pump handle, rail, bucket changer, ASA, and T stock to match... and untill that is possible i'll wait ...

Jay I plan on being in Gears of War all weekend ... download the new maps and prepare to get a butt woopin...

going_home
05-25-2007, 11:28 AM
jim @ ape paintball said they will have a board for emags out soon. get with him for details.

turbo chicken
05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
ok i just read the whole thread ... what's this about making the rest out of the pump kits out of delrin???

jay8541
05-25-2007, 06:48 PM
jim @ ape paintball said they will have a board for emags out soon. get with him for details.

will do thank you

jay8541
05-25-2007, 06:48 PM
ok i just read the whole thread ... what's this about making the rest out of the pump kits out of delrin???

i am posting a pump mag thread in PB talk