PDA

View Full Version : UL framed mag

BSSJackal
05-19-2007, 01:56 PM
has anyone tried to put a dye UL frame on a mag yet? it seems to me that it wouldnt take much to get a PM5 , DM4 , or DM5 UL frame to fit a mag.

if anyone has tried it let me know how it works and what you had to do to make it work.

stonersr26
05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Believe me when I say that it takes a little more than what you are thinking if you want it to be electric. If all you want is a mech mag than no it would be a piece of cake. I'm in the finishing touches of mine and there is way to much to write here on what I have had to do. All I can say is that you will need a lot of access to alot of tools.

Goodluck

BSSJackal
05-20-2007, 05:59 AM
just thinking of a mech mag. ive got a UL'd PM6 for an electro. the mag is my trustly back up and dependable foul wheather gun. i was just thinking of a way to make the two of the feel more alike when i switch up between them.

stonersr26
05-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah, if you want to keep it mech its simple; either mark off new mounting holes to drill in the frame, or get shorter screws to hold the valve, rail, and body and then drill new mount holes in the rail to match the pm6 frame. You would still need to do a little bit of drilling to the meat of the frame to allow passage of the sear rod though. Good luck

BSSJackal
05-20-2007, 07:08 AM
ya i figure ill have to mod the trigger as well since the UL trigger wont work with the mag setup.

im actually thinking of using a PM5 UL frame since the top were it meets the body i flat instead of rounded like the PM6 .

thanks for the input.

captian pinky
05-20-2007, 12:23 PM
look around for pics of my dm5 mag idk were but they are here if u want electronic

ps pm6 frame looks like crap on it but pm5 would be nice

BSSJackal
05-20-2007, 12:36 PM
thanks , not only did that tell me that the PM5 UL frame will fit nicely , but you also showed me the perfect place to put the LPR for my pnue mag mod.