PDA

View Full Version : Emag electronic firing issue

CitsejaMkraDehT
05-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey I just recently bought an E-mag with a Classic valve setup and can not get the gun to fire in electronic mode. Do I need the Emag on/off assembly to get it to fire in electronic mode? The gun works in hybrid/manual mode.

mostpeople
05-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I do not think the marker will work with the classic valve.

You need an RT valve at the very least.

Buy an x-valve for 200 with a stock RT on off and you can sand the pin a little if needed.

CitsejaMkraDehT
05-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I do not think the marker will work with the classic valve.

You need an RT valve at the very least.

Buy an x-valve for 200 with a stock RT on off and you can sand the pin a little if needed.

Thats kind of what I was figuring thanks!

MANN
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
it will work with a classic valve. You will need an emag on/off to have it work. It will not get a high rof.

Russ
05-19-2007, 06:06 PM
^^^

good advice :cool:

IMHO, an emag ain't an emag without a fast-recharge valve, be-it an Emag valve, ReTro or X-Valve.

Even with a classic valve set-up with a new on/off, it's still like putting a 4 cylinder engine into a Corvette!

CitsejaMkraDehT
05-19-2007, 06:39 PM
^^^

good advice :cool:

IMHO, an emag ain't an emag without a fast-recharge valve, be-it an Emag valve, ReTro or X-Valve.

Even with a classic valve set-up with a new on/off, it's still like putting a 4 cylinder engine into a Corvette!

I agree I am going to atleast use a Retro Valve. Kind of funny though is the mag came with the X-mod software!

Paintchucker
05-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree I am going to atleast use a Retro Valve. Kind of funny though is the mag came with the X-mod software!

You have a 2005 Lowers with a 1995 Uppers. LOL

As mentioned, It should work with the correct on/off assembly, but in limited fashion. But that is the cool thing about mags. Parts are interchangable, so when you get the money and want to upgrade to a faster valve assembly, it drops right in.

Long live the mag!!!

:dance:

CitsejaMkraDehT
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
You have a 2005 Lowers with a 1995 Uppers. LOL

As mentioned, It should work with the correct on/off assembly, but in limited fashion. But that is the cool thing about mags. Parts are interchangable, so when you get the money and want to upgrade to a faster valve assembly, it drops right in.

Long live the mag!!!

:dance:

Yeah, I think I am just going to slap the E-mag valve back into it when I get paid again.

athomas
05-21-2007, 08:17 PM
The AIR valve will work quite well in the emag as long as the emag on-off is used. It has ample recharge rate. In an electronic frame it doesn't suffer the same effects of shootdown due to short stroking as it does with a manual frame. The added beauty of the AIR valve is the increased velocity stability that it possesses over the retro valve. The retro/emag valve is good but the AIR valve is rock solid when it comes to velocity stability.

CitsejaMkraDehT
05-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Well I took apart the valve and noticed something was loose and push it back into the side of the valve( I've forgotten part names over the years I haven't been playing paintball) and it seemed like the gun was firing quite well in electronic mode. I will report back to this thread once I go play this weekend.