PDA

View Full Version : Not another vs vs thread, SORRY. In your humble opinion

biojuggernaut
05-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I want apoligize (sp?) even before you read this for making a vs thread. Not only is this against the rules, but it also annoys the hell outta you, and is even stated in the stickies that these "vs" threads should stop. I did this thread to not only compare markers but ask for your humble and honest opinion and inform me on my ignorance of the preformance of angels.

Before we get into the annoying part, I want you to read a more annoying part... the story. On saturday I went into my local pro shop, 500 dollars in hand to buy a bnib g7 fly they have had up for sale since they first came out in the beggining of 06. I have been eyeing this marker forever, and my mom lent me the rest (thank god for mommy ). Any ways, I was just about to pay for the gun and take the box with every accesory outta of the store when I noticed an 06 ego on the wall for 600. To make a long story short I bought the 06 ego.

I took it home, the gun would turn on, the gun would turn off, but then it couldnt turn back on. I took it back to my pro shop today in hopes of refunding/trading it for the g7 fly. They will not give me a refund for the broken ego (which is perfectly fine, I understand it as the store owner has the sign "no refunds" in every coner of the pro shop). What he says is that by Sat. if the gun is not fixed I will get a refund, if it is fixed by Sat. I will have to play with the cards ive been dealt with and use the ego.

If your lazy just start reading from here

My questions to you are if I get the refund, should I buy the g7, or let them fix the 06 ego past their sat. due date. Although the ego has much better resale, I do not care. This is will be my primary speedball gun so I figure its going to be beaten to death by the end of the season anyways. I have never shot a g7 fly but breifing the manuel the electronic capablities sound amazing. So should I go with the g7 fly or the ego6. With the ego I will not have to buy a new barrel as I currently have the best, and I have already solved any problem of using my hp tank with the g7 if a problem does arise. Realiability (sp?) is a huge key factor in this "competion" as this is my primary.

Thanks for all your time and effort about solving my dilema.

mag_lover05
05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
angel. WDP makes quality products and the g7 is my favorite platform.

G Squat
05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Ego's have proven themselves to be a top performer in today's speedball market. The Ego will be lighter and a little less gas consuming.

However if you do not care about the mild difference in performance, I'd say go with the Angel. They are obviuosly the better looking gun and WDP has a long reputation of producing top notch guns. Besides, too many people shoot Ego's just because they're hailed as the gun to shoot.

As far as SP goes, they have never and presumably never will produce a reliable Shocker. They always have problems whether it be electronic or mechanic. Ions and Epiphanies are more reliable, yet not in the same league as an Angel or Ego.

My choice, the Angel. :cheers:

68magOwner
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
You really cant go wrong with either marker here. I have a lot of experience with each, and I personally would go with the ego, but, there is nothing wrong with the angel at all. pick whichever you are more comfortable with, or ask if you can shoot each and decide for yourself.

ProblemKinder
05-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Ego's have proven themselves to be a top performer in today's speedball market. The Ego will be lighter and a little less gas consuming.

However if you do not care about the mild difference in performance, I'd say go with the Angel. They are obviuosly the better looking gun and WDP has a long reputation of producing top notch guns. Besides, too many people shoot Ego's just because they're hailed as the gun to shoot.

As far as SP goes, they have never and presumably never will produce a reliable Shocker. They always have problems whether it be electronic or mechanic. Ions and Epiphanies are more reliable, yet not in the same league as an Angel or Ego.

My choice, the Angel. :cheers:
just an observation, you know he never mentioned Smart parts or the shocker in his original post, right? ;)

not that I have anything against some SP bashing, i was just curious as to the sudden rant against the shocker.

buzzboy
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I vote angel. Ego's are just so common. You don't see nearly as many angels.

bryceeden
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
The Ego's hype vastly surpasses its preformance. Get the Angel.

SCpoloRicker
05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5571/2k3predangelclosedl6.jpg

My 2K3 Limited Edition Angel, running a PredII board. :)

jenarelJAM
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
OR, you could take the refund, go online, and find a better deal for either marker...
Unless you want to support the shop, but it seems as if you and the owner aren't on the best terms... Or maybe you are, I don't know.

lather
05-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I have an Etek and a GAT which are similiar to what you are comparing. I think either will suit you well.

Ego is lighter, louder and a bit better on gas. both are very effcient.

Angel is heavier, no where near as loud as an Ego and uses dedicated air passages instead of plastic hosing and QEV's to redirect air. (if that matters to you.) I think in this area alone the angel design is a bit more refined and better engineered.

Ego spare parts and upgrades are easier to find and cheaper too. In my experience both markers are ultra reliable. Ego's also use Cocker threaded barrels.

Really cant go wrong with either.

biojuggernaut
05-23-2007, 08:13 PM
OR, you could take the refund, go online, and find a better deal for either marker...
Unless you want to support the shop, but it seems as if you and the owner aren't on the best terms... Or maybe you are, I don't know.

I need something to use this weekend.