PDA

View Full Version : Best HALO upgrades?

cledford
05-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm jumping back in after a 4 year layoff.

I'd like to "no holds barred" upgrade the heck out of my stock HALO loader. I'm looking at boards, batteries, cones, etc. I want the most speed WITH reliablity that money can buy. I'll be running it on an 03 Viking with pandora/RMOD and do not want the laoder holding the marker up.

thanks for any advice,

-Calvin

Pneumagger
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
It may be cheaper to sell the halo and just buy a pulse

Dewok82
05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
A stock Halo feeds 17-18bps. If you add a v35 board you're looking at 23-26. I don't know of any tournaments that allow over 15.4bps. How fast do you really need to shoot?

Most of the upgrades are hyped up junk. A decent battery pack and a speedfeed are worthwhile investments, but almost anything else will just lighten your wallet and shorten the life of your loader.

Save your money for new shells - they need replaced almost as often as the batteries.

Russ
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
A stock Halo feeds 17-18bps. If you add a v35 board you're looking at 23-26. I don't know of any tournaments that allow over 15.4bps. How fast do you really need to shoot?

Most of the upgrades are hyped up junk. A decent battery pack and a speedfeed are worthwhile investments, but almost anything else will just lighten your wallet and shorten the life of your loader.

Save your money for new shells - they need replaced almost as often as the batteries.

WORD!

I say get a new V35, throw a Bonepack in it, and enjoy.

ultralight
05-22-2007, 09:27 PM
find a cheetah board and get a bone. speedfeed of some sort wouldn't hurt either.

maglover728
05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
In my humble opinion, the best HALO upgrade would be a Reloader B board. I hate loaders with eyes.

cyberave68
05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
The only real upgrade you will need is a BONE pack from Deuydog (I think thats how he spells it) I have a stock board and the bone on my halo and it keeps up with my timmy at 18bps with no prob. Also like Dewok82 said, "I don't know of any tournaments that allow over 15.4bps. How fast do you really need to shoot?"

robnix
05-22-2007, 09:41 PM
I actually needed my rip drive once, and the dual 9 volt mod I did is nice as well. Other than that, it keeps up just fine.

Paint-Fool
05-22-2007, 11:53 PM
The on/off swith on my Halo is a pain! It's not a simple push and it's on I have to mess with it for several minutes sometimes. I would like to see a flip switch similar to what's on a Revvy. Other than that...not sure because I haven't had any problems yet.

bryceeden
05-23-2007, 11:15 PM
A face plate is a cheap, nice upgrade for the halo. Check ebay under halo plate. They have some nice thick ones that protect your board.

TheTramp
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I thought that the delrin drive cone was a good investment. I’ve broken the spring tab on several drive cones and while they aren’t expensive it is a pine to have to keep ordering them. The delrin cone is never going to break so it’s well worth the money INHO.

angrysasquatch
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM

I can't think of any bad upgrades, other than that aluminum Shocktech wheel. All the other wheels are reinforced so you don't break off fins. Some of the DIY mods, however, can wreck your hopper (some, I said).

Rudz
05-24-2007, 04:54 PM
s4 drive cone, rip drive, and bone pack, and a speed feed, speed wheels are nice also

garbageman705
12-23-2007, 01:27 AM
I recently (today) did a 3 9 volt mod on my halo. The stock battery brick fried and would not make a connection. I went to Radio Shack to look for another battery brick, the only ones they had were 4 brick size. So I am like, dang it, what am I going to do when I see the 9 volt harnesses and remember hearing about a 9 volt mod. I originally tried it with 2 but the dang thing kept jamming on me so I soldered a 3rd battery harness on there. Now it works just as good as the 6 pack AA brick, but I would not say that it is better, it just works.