PDA

View Full Version : So... is the standard RT On/Off

mostpeople
05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Supposed to let you bounce?

Because to me it seems not..

athomas
05-25-2007, 12:03 PM
No, ideally it does not. It provides a reactive trigger which helps reduce the time that you hold the trigger in. This increases the amount of time that the on-off pin is open for the chamber to recharge.

Bounce occurs when you find the sweetspot where the trigger pull is greater than the force the chamber pressure exerts on the pin while at rest but less than the force that the input pressure exerts on the top of the on-off pin during recharge.

If there is not enough differential pressure, then you don't get bounce. The easiest way to achieve bounce if you want it is to increase the input pressure.

mostpeople
05-25-2007, 08:28 PM
No I was just wondering..

I have an ULT on my mechmag.. and I just got an E-Mag and was trying it out with the standard On/Off and it didnt seem to me like there would be any bouncing on that hard of a trigger pull. Thanks

Badmovies.org
05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
No I was just wondering..

I have an ULT on my mechmag.. and I just got an E-Mag and was trying it out with the standard On/Off and it didnt seem to me like there would be any bouncing on that hard of a trigger pull. Thanks

With a broken in ULT and a preset Crossfire HP tank, I put 6 ULT shims into the ULT and was about to get some sweetspotting, but maintaining it for long is difficult. Using an AGD Flatline reg turned to 1200 psi, I have been able to fire an entire Vlocity loader with just two breaks in the string.

Using the RT on/off, I get even better. Shooting out the loader with two breaks is the norm and I have done it with only one break in the string.

I swear, playing around with this sort of thing is going to kill me in paint costs.