PDA

View Full Version : ? about sear pin for a microbody

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
05-25-2007, 09:06 AM
is the sear pin for the old ptp microbody the same size that works with the RT Pro rail? would try myself but sold the body and the guy says the pin didn't make it... not sure how that happened but I'm trying to just make it right.. Any help is greatly appreciated...

thanks
BREAD

Madmarx
05-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I think so but,
I can check in about 2 hours when I get home if you don't get an answer by then.

athomas
05-25-2007, 11:57 AM
No, the micromag uses a classic sear. The retro rail uses a retro sear. The pin size is different. You can use a 10-32 screw as a sear pin until you find the proper one that fits. A 10-32 threaded screw is the same size as a classic sear pin and it screws into the micromag threaded sear pin hole so that it won't fall out.

If you have a really old PTP micromag body, then it uses the same sear pin as a classic mag and uses the grip frame to hold it frome falling out.

Madmarx
05-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Yup, Athomas is right and I was wrong.
I just checked mine only to find out that mine has fallen out. :(
Classic mag sear and a 10-32 bolt works

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
05-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks alot, he said the sear made it but the pin didnt, not sure because i put the pin back into the hole before i set it.... im going to have to locate a micro sear pin :eek: , hope to find one :confused: .... i appreciate all the help... :cheers:

Madmarx
05-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks alot, he said the sear made it but the pin didnt, not sure because i put the pin back into the hole before i set it.... im going to have to locate a micro sear pin :eek: , hope to find one :confused: .... i appreciate all the help... :cheers:

I just emailed forest about the micromag bodies again and askied if he would have a couple sear pins for us.
I'll let you know.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
05-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I just emailed forest about the micromag bodies again and askied if he would have a couple sear pins for us.
I'll let you know.

that would be great... if you need to just pm me.... thanks alot madmarx :cheers:

maglover728
05-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Forest is the POO! I really like his brand of customer service.

braaatz
05-26-2007, 05:42 PM
You could try a 3/16" metal dowel pin and cut it to length, versus a 10-32 machine screw.
I was just at an ACE hardware store and they had metal dowel pins.