PDA

View Full Version : A fitting case for a MiniTac Pro

Badmovies.org
05-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I finally got in a fitting case for the MiniTac Pro. The case is a Pelican 1600 with pick and pluck foam (yes, the "fitting" pun is intentional). It is a bit larger than needed, as it turns out; I am thinking that a 1550 model would have worked (though a 1520 would have been too small if I wanted the Vlocity and barrel in it).

http://www.badmovies.org/common/forum/minitac_case1.jpg

Russ
05-25-2007, 06:20 PM
That's a sweet set-up. I've been meaning to get a nice case for the Mag's...maybe before this decade runs out :rolleyes:

t0nnn
05-25-2007, 06:24 PM
how much did that run you?

Badmovies.org
05-25-2007, 06:31 PM
how much did that run you?

More than I'd like, but after I looked at the cost of the marker, tank, Flatline reg, barrel kit, and everything - spending $165 on the case seemed trivial. If I had gotten the next size down, the 1550 which should work too, it would have been $25 less.

I do data communications for the Marine Corps, so I'm used to Pelican Cases. Here is the website I ordered it from. Took less than a week to arrive by Fedex ground.

http://www.casesbypelican.com/Pelican-cases-sizes.htm

MANN
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Ive got the same case and love it. It fits my xmag with warp in it perfect.

Badmovies.org
05-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Nice case. I looked into Pelicans a few years back, to sell. But with the wave of cheap-o's that came out, I scrapped the idea. I had forgotten how nice they are.

Nice marker too ;)

The Pelicans are great cases, but I imagine that you would have to sit on them for a while until they sold. Still, for a RPG marker, rather a fitting case.

Or for an X-Mag, very cool, Mann.

Papa_Smurf
05-26-2007, 08:25 PM
I have a pelican for my electronics when I go fishing, if it ever breaks, they replace it for free.

Their website has a picture of a car driving over a case and it holds up just fine.

Beemer
05-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Ive got the same case and love it. It fits my xmag with warp in it perfect.

Is that with the Warp mounted or off?