PDA

View Full Version : Air America Raptor Regulator Leaking on Tank - Need Help

caylegeorge
05-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I picked up a used Air America Tank and Regulator, and the regulator is leaking out of the output hole when I try and fill the tank. I am not sure how to diagnose the problem, or how to rebuild the reg if needed.

Its an Air America 3000 psi Raptor regulator on an AA tank, the kind of Reg where you turn the reg-nut in with an allen wrench to start the air flow and increase the pressure, and back the nut off to turn off the air flow. I have used these Regs before, and I understand that the reg-nut has to be backed off of the reg for the air to not leak out the output - but no matter how far it is backed off, all the air leaks out the output so the tank can not be filled.

Any help on resources to rebuild the reg, or what the problem might be is very appreciated.

I just Hydro'd the tank and can't wait to use it!

Thanks in advance :)

-cAyle

Dover
05-27-2007, 02:54 AM
it is identical internally to the AutoMag A.I.R. valve, follow the trouble-shooting procedures, i.e. new reg seat, oil, new o-rings, even the pin and spring, but not the spring pack.

caylegeorge
05-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Can I use Automage Orings and seals to rebuild it? Where can i get other spare parts for Air america regs? Say, a new spring pack?

Thanks,

-cAyle

Dover
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes you can use Airgun Designs stuff, buy yourself a basic AutoMag Parts Kit, they use the same "hockey puck" reg seat and other o-rings.

I'm not sure about the spring pack, check www.PbNation.com and so will I.

I have an Air America Apocalypse, which is identical to the Raptor internally, but has an on/off. My team-mates had Raptor tanks, never had problems with the spring pack, just keep it well oiled, along with the other seals and o-rings, just like your Mag.

Go to your local library and see if they have a copy of "The Complete Guide to Paintball", it has an article on how to perform maintenance on the Air America Apocalypse tank reg.